PVK_Brawl

GarreettGarreett Senior
edited 8:59AM in Community Maps
My first ever map shall be named PVK_Brawl. I've been playing around with hammer all day and yesterday, so I think I've got the grips of things. But, before I go on anyfurther: Is there a way to change the range that the gravity gun can affect? I want to make it so that you can only pick up objects very close. Thanks smile.gif

Now: It takes place in a bar, and there's lots of Physics props lying around, ready to be thrown (by the gravity gun). You get no other weapons but the gravity gun. There was a post a while ago saying that they wanted bar fights - so here it is. I'm starting mapping tonight - hopefully, I'll be able to get pics up by tommorow.

Comments

• LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    edited 8:59AM
    A gravity gun in pvk? is that even possible?
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • GarreettGarreett Senior
    Hmm...Well, I'd better get coding my own weapon then.
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    I think a brawl should be with bare hands, that would be awesome, and if you added picking up stuff to that, that would really rock.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
    Right now, I'm getting an error message whenever I try to compile it:

MountAppFilesysem() failed: SteamMountAppFilesystem(215,22,0x45bfd74) failed with error 21: A different version of this FS is already in use.

So, er, I guess development of the map is halted until I can get this fixed.
  • edited 8:59AM
    QUOTE (Garreett @ Mar 11 2007, 10:34 PM) »
    Right now, I'm getting an error message whenever I try to compile it:

MountAppFilesysem() failed: SteamMountAppFilesystem(215,22,0x45bfd74) failed with error 21: A different version of this FS is already in use.

So, er, I guess development of the map is halted until I can get this fixed.

When you compile in hammer, tick the "don't compile" checkbox - you don't want it to run straight into the game when it's finished compiling. You want to do the compile but then manually go into PVKII and create server / run your map from there.
    user posted image
    PVKII and create server / run your map from there. Thanks, that worked! wub.gif