New female voices

AureliaAurelia Authorized Creator, Senior
edited March 2007 in Team Applications
Aurelia introduction
Hi all!

I'm Viliina, 21-year-old Finnish girl, hoping to do the female voices to Seio-Kona. This is first time I even try anything like this, so all tips, criticism and feedback are more than welcome. I try to do my best and improve, hopefully you like them. smile.gif

Here's also the concept I made, if you haven't seen it before.
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7154/se...aconceptzv2.jpg

P.S. These samples are newer than the ones I sent to Crazytalk.

Comments

• EisigerEisiger Keg Whore Senior
    edited 11:13AM
    Are you HenisHammer's biological mother? The style is very appealing and detailed.

Also, the voice acting is energetic. It scares me! I like it.
  • HengishammerHengishammer PVKII Team
    Hello Aurelia and welcome,
    Well would first like to say the style is interesting and you seem to know how to voice act:) I have a concept going for this character based upon the viking sagas and will post it soon. I can also say that the voices I had in mind needed to be more dark and brooding. When you see the character it will help to impose that. And finally there's the issue of voice recording quality. It doesnt take too much to record in a manner above average--but it would need a semi-decent microphone and a cable that allows you to record in to the line-in jack on the computer. There are several methods of doing this and we can help guide you if you need some help.

The Seid-Kona concept should be finished soon:)

"Good men die but death cannot kill their names"- Viking Proverb
  • AureliaAurelia Authorized Creator, Senior
    Thanks for the positive feedback! smile.gif

Can't wait to see you concept! Would it be best if I recorded a set of different voice tones for the character and you'd pick what fits best after you've shown it?

Vylaroth (Aurelia's boyfriend): I think that the problem with the recording might be in either recording settings or my cord set-up. Here's how I recorded Aurelia's sounds:

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/3406/setuprd0.jpg

Did the problem stay the same between the new and the old recordings? I turned the master output mix a bit lower so that she could use more voice without distortion. I would appreciate if you could point out where the problem lies and how it could be solved. I've got the hardware, now we've got to get them to work optimatically. tongue.gif
  • HengishammerHengishammer PVKII Team
    Ok---first off--let me thank you for posting the setup--that helps a lot. icon_yarrpirate.gif

I would say the setup is good! Its almost exactly what I used. I would have to say that I hear an echo--like the recording is being done where the sound rebounds. You can try recording with a blanket over your head, or in an area where a lot of carpet is and good sound absorption. (The blanket is probably the cheapest method)

Thanks for your enthusiam:) Keep the samples coming:)

"Good men die but death cannot kill their names"- Viking Proverb
  • Parrot of WarParrot of War Senior
    edited March 2007
    Aurelia, your voice acting is great I think. Without a doubt you need to do the voices for the Seio-Kona. I think your concept art is rather great too. Is it possible that you could also do the pirate 'Ealer's voice as well? Obviously, you'd need to talk differently than with the Seio-Kona, but I believe you can do it since you seem like a pretty good voice actor (or actress in your case).

Keep up the good work.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
    Here are some new samples. We didn't use the blanket in these, because these are just some practise samples and we just tried to achieve different kinds of voices. When we find out the best style and are (hopefully) recording the actual once I shall use blanket.

But what do you think about these? Which one is the best, why and how to improve it? icon_viking2.gif

P.S. We've actually tried the blanket and it really removes the echo. We do our recordings in the living room where the PC is situated so it took a little echo from the walls. Thanks for the tip Hengis!
  • edited May 2007
    Damn! You're scary.
  • SkjalgSkjalg Senior
    woah, im surprised...

These are really nice smile.gif
  • Cpt. BenCpt. Ben Senior
    Wow, I never imagined the Seio-Kona looking like that. She looks so happy and graceful. I like it.
    umm.... yarrr??
    Long time fan of the PVK series; don't ever change it guys.

Creator of *ANTI-NINJA SQUAD*
    I owned Ored
    Favourite PVK classes: Sniper Pirate, Spear Viking, Bowman - can't wait to see their counter-parts in PVKII.
    I once killed a player who had god mode on and very recently, a player named something like "Ored" who had speed hacks on. How, you ask? I got angry...
    Thanks Suspect-Device
  • Parrot of WarParrot of War Senior
    I really like this Seio-Kona concept. Maybe they should use it!!
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
    or at very least, parts of it. I like the general shape of it, not too bulky. The gracefulness I really like and the antlers are a keeper, makes her look like a happy being. Even with all the fighting. Never even thought of putting antlers in her hair, never pictured her like that. But I like the idea, since all the other vikings have some piece of an animal on them. And I'm no historian so I never would have thought of antlers in the hair tongue.gif
    umm.... yarrr??

I owned Ored
    Favourite PVK classes: Sniper Pirate, Spear Viking, Bowman - can't wait to see their counter-parts in PVKII.
    I once killed a player who had god mode on and very recently, a player named something like "Ored" who had speed hacks on. How, you ask? I got angry...
    Thanks Suspect-Device
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    Right now it looks like the antlers are growing out of her head, I think an antler hat(or whatever) would be better.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
    I think it's supposed to look like they're growing from her head because I think it's meant to hold her hair up the way it is.
    umm.... yarrr??

I owned Ored
    Thanks Suspect-Device
  • AndypAndyp Senior
    edited July 2007
    Wow that was good, i respect you for having the guts to post sounds, i would be way to scared to do that. Mainly because im damn sure id be laughed at.

But yours were very good quality. smile.gif

I was thinking of some for the Man at arms or somthing, hmm ill have to practice lol.
    Shot at 2007-06-27

Steven Segal should be the joker in the next Nolan batman film, he has the weight of many successful years of acting behind him,( well he has weight behind him at least), and I think he would do it perfectly:

"and my father turns to me and says 'why so chubby?', comes at me with the pamphlet, 'why so chubby'. Sticks the pamphlet in my mouth, 'lets put a diet on that belly of yours' aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd........why so chubby?"
    I have to admit that our dear Hengis have quite personal sense of time. But there is no rush, so... We still all love you sweetheart.

And Andyp I have been laughed to. wink.gif
  • CrackaPollyCrackaPolly PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    Awesome voices!
  • edited 11:13AM
    For some reason I've thought the SK was supposed to be male, and I've always wanted the SK to be female because it seemed obvious that she should be. tongue.gif
    So that's one Thank You for relieving me of the (illusioned) fact that the SK would be a dude.

These are, as everyone says, really good voices! You got some real energy and effort going on, as well as guts to just post it up on the forum instead of other pansies that might send it by e-mail or something. You seem to have every potential of acting the SK, at the very least in my opinion. If you're good at doing the 'Ealer, I think the dev team would possibly love you even more happy.gif

Finnish people are now proved awesome. I doubt anyone would have the guts to scream their throat out like you do over here in Sweden tongue.gif Someone might hear through the walls OoOoOo... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Anyway, keep at it! And try out the blanket thing!

Btw, it appears... YOU ARE NO MAN!!!! icon_viking.gif icon_viking.gif icon_viking2.gif icon_viking.gif icon_viking.gif

(Sorry, I had to ^^')
    Rushing enemies since 2001!

Member of Valhalla's Vicious Vikings [-vVv-]
  • DuckSauceDuckSauce May the Sauce be with you! Senior
    QUOTE(CannonFodderShockTroop @ Aug 26 2008, 04:57 PM) »
    (Sorry, I had to ^^')

revive an mega old topic?
    you dirty necromancer!!

I guess seio kona voices were a bit premature though haha, when that class will come out? 2011? o.0 I think most other classes are gonna be first hehe
    The sauciest person in the world.
  • edited 11:13AM
    Sorry, this thread was the first in the list so I thought it was at least a BIT alive tongue.gif Didn't check the dates.
    Rushing enemies since 2001!

Member of Valhalla's Vicious Vikings [-vVv-]
  • Hannu87Hannu87 Senior
    Hehe funny sounds XD especially the finnish accent ^^
    The thread might be dead and buried but that doesn't mean that all those nice replies and posts wouldn't make me extremely happyyy. ^^

And of course this is a bit premature. What else would I do in the meantime? wink.gif
    eh, make maps?
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
    QUOTE(LordTrilobite @ Sep 30 2008, 12:05 AM) »
    eh, make maps?

Lol. I think that we already have people that do that way better than I would. wink.gif
  • LhorkanLhorkan PVKII Team, Senior
    You could colour your artwork. tongue.gif
    dragonattacksig03-1.png
  • CrackaPollyCrackaPolly PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    Well I will say I really like the concept and your voice is really good, but I think that because the healer characters are in much future updates that we really wouldn't be able to know what to have you record yet. Hopefully we can reach you when we get to the healing classes smile.gif
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    please delete this crap
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people

Whipped up a new concept because I didn't really like the previous one anymore. The dress and accessories are also based more on actual viking era female clothing. Opinions? icon_yay.gif
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    yeah great! smile.gif it's better than the previous one, she looks more than a 'warrior' now...the previous one couldnt even hurt a fly. But she could look a bit more evil and mysterious...
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people
    Nice, though I don't like the antlers.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • jRocketjRocket Pixel Punisher PVKII Team
    I approve. The design is solid. Our current classes are boring as far as design goes. For example the Huscarl has a big chainmail shirt with a strap over it, but few other details.

Had I made these classes now, they would be a lot better smile.gif