-> Archer !

Comments

• GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    edited 5:56AM
    I think the archers will act like the pirate scermishers with the pistols, that is going after berzerkers all the time running backwards and shooting in combat (generally being anoying). that was the tactics in the first game.
  • AndypAndyp Senior
    ^unless they make it so that the bow is almost a one hit kill on most classes but it takes a long time for him to draw an arrow back in his bow and while doing it he moves very slowly, bit like when aiming the crossbow.
    Shot at 2007-06-27

Steven Segal should be the joker in the next Nolan batman film, he has the weight of many successful years of acting behind him,( well he has weight behind him at least), and I think he would do it perfectly:

"and my father turns to me and says 'why so chubby?', comes at me with the pamphlet, 'why so chubby'. Sticks the pamphlet in my mouth, 'lets put a diet on that belly of yours' aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd........why so chubby?"
  • DoomsirenDoomsiren Senior
    and that is not cool
  • Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    QUOTE (|GR|Andyp @ May 14 2007, 10:40 AM) »
    ^unless they make it so that the bow is almost a one hit kill on most classes but it takes a long time for him to draw an arrow back in his bow and while doing it he moves very slowly, bit like when aiming the crossbow.

Actually thats exactly the way it was in PVK, and it was still relitively easy possible to back up and shoot. It just required some skill in bhop and a fast mouse hand.
  • SkadSkad Senior
    Eh....its spiffy....i think it could do more...with this and what it looks like is just a Crusader or something...nothing special...I was thinking of having more leather stuff then just a cloak thing....with stuff underneath it...and the colors can be a bit better...why are we even talking about it in the first place they wont change it....
    edited May 2007
    Eh....its spiffy....i think it could do more...with this and what it looks like is just a Crusader or something...nothing special...I was thinking of having more leather stuff then just a cloak thing....with stuff underneath it...and the colors can be a bit better...why are we even talking about it in the first place they wont change it....

What did you expect from archers? they are a part of the crusader army, ugh! perhaps that's why they would look like that?? and you are being very stupid if you think the team won't change a thing. they change if many people say so and not if only you say so. you are being very unclear about what you want. you don't like the archer how it looks right now but all you can say is: have some more leather...uhh. stuff. cloak....uhh colours should...uhh.. be better. this archer looks awesome and if you don't agree, thats fine. But say so in better way and try to explain next time instead of this mindless gibbering.

so please gtfo and stop embarrasing yourself

• FreidFreid Senior
    Calm down...
    Kicked by Console (Reason: This is Sparta).
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    Why dont you just wait untill its released then diside, you know i want to still be alive when 1.2 comes out. Its not like your gonna be looking at yourself in some gaming mirror all the time anyhow and it won't change the game play. I would just be happy to have the new weapons.
  • BadGuyBadGuy Senior
    edited May 2007
    QUOTE (MrFlibble @ May 10 2007, 10:49 AM) »
    It'd be amusing if you could stab people with your arrows as well just for some quick "get the hell away from me" damage before actually firing.

Please, no Lotr.

QUOTE (Number Nine @ May 14 2007, 07:15 PM) »
    Actually thats exactly the way it was in PVK, and it was still relitively easy possible to back up and shoot. It just required some skill in bhop and a fast mouse hand.

Archers were so overpowered it was stupid, a low ping and a "bind mwheeldown +jump" resulted in an archer who never slows down, even while drawing an arrow. In effect there were hopping archers everywhere firing full power arrows like mad. :}
    "if you lived near me I would've drowned you in a bucket of your mothers blood" - Wolfy Snackrib
    QUOTE (Sven Svennson @ Mar 9 2010, 04:12 AM) »
    Maybe I need a break from PVK.

• GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    lol thank heavens thave removed bunny hopping
    QUOTE (BadGuy @ May 16 2007, 12:14 PM) »
    Archers were so overpowered it was stupid, a low ping and a "bind mwheeldown +jump" resulted in an archer who never slows down, even while drawing an arrow. In effect there were hopping archers everywhere firing full power arrows like mad. :}

Hahahaha good one. Archers were by FAR the hardest class to play effectively. Due to how arrows worked it was significantly harder to hit people than with a thrown or hitscan weapon. The only reason you think it was overpowered is probobly you were running in a straight line behind the archer. Without bhop, the archers in PVK1 would be nearly useless.
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    edited May 2007
    Its harder to hit someone with the vikings throwing weapons thats for sure since there so slow (At launching and traveling through the air) and you only have 2/3 of them usually plus the range was no where near as far.

But i gess at least with them you had two other melee weapons to use where as the archer only has a short sword (and in combat effectively one shot from a crossbow).
  • BadGuyBadGuy Senior
    edited May 2007
    QUOTE (Number Nine @ May 16 2007, 06:43 PM) »
    Hahahaha good one. Archers were by FAR the hardest class to play effectively. Due to how arrows worked it was significantly harder to hit people than with a thrown or hitscan weapon. The only reason you think it was overpowered is probobly you were running in a straight line behind the archer. Without bhop, the archers in PVK1 would be nearly useless.

I find it rediciously easy to hit enemies with the longbow. Infact the worse your ping gets, the better arrows get as compared to pirate ranged weapons (this is true for throwing axes and javelins too, though).
    The problem becomes evident if someone with a low ping plays an archer. "Due to how" pvk is still using the old (stoneage) netcode of hl, pings 100 or over put a hard delay on +attack being pressed and the actual shot going off.

And yeah, I never seen a single pvk server that wasn't based in america or somewhere similarly remote for my 10 mbit connection to struggle around with 170-220 ping (like a 56.6k modem :D:D:D)

Also, arrows are easier to manouver than thrown weapons "due to how" they fly faster and can be lined up easier than thrown weapons. "Due to how" thrown weapons travel through the air slowly, their range is rather limited since if someone sees an axe/javelin flying at them, they can just strafe. Not the case with arrows.

Good weasel phrase through, I was "probobly running in a straight line behind the archer" and that is the only reason I think they were the most overpowered class in pvk, right?

BONUS: What Greyfox said, vikings do not start with 24 throwing axes.

BONUS 2: To counterreason a possible argument coming up siding against my point on archer superiority I note: Yes, pirates have lots of ammo too. With high reload times. Meaning: You miss, you're screwed. You can miss with good bhop skeels as an archer to pwn around insanely.
    "if you lived near me I would've drowned you in a bucket of your mothers blood" - Wolfy Snackrib
    QUOTE (Sven Svennson @ Mar 9 2010, 04:12 AM) »
    Maybe I need a break from PVK.

Go play bowman against someone who has played for more than 5 seconds. Javelins and axes have a projectile much larger than their graphic ingame. Have you ever gotten a double hit with a javelin? If no then you don't know what I'm talking about. Running foreward with a jav actually makes it go faster than an arrow or bolt. My original point was about how you were complaining about "hopping archers everywhere firing full power arrows like mad". Hop is a skill, its not like only bowmen can hop. And if they can and you can't, that means that the bowman is better than you, and you're probobly gonna die regardless. If you want I can prove all of this to you ingame.
  • PaperShieldPaperShield Senior
    Love the model. The only thing I think it needs is a helmet or something. But I like the new Red and White colours. You do intend to make all classes in Knights that Red & White colour right? smile.gif
    Your reading skill went up 1 point!!!
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    please don't i dont want all the knights to be french!!!

Its bad enough they have a french knight welding an English longbow!!!
  • AndypAndyp Senior
    edited May 2007
    Since when did white and red become affiliated with the french?

He looks like an english longbowman to me.
    Shot at 2007-06-27

Steven Segal should be the joker in the next Nolan batman film, he has the weight of many successful years of acting behind him,( well he has weight behind him at least), and I think he would do it perfectly:

"and my father turns to me and says 'why so chubby?', comes at me with the pamphlet, 'why so chubby'. Sticks the pamphlet in my mouth, 'lets put a diet on that belly of yours' aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd........why so chubby?"
  • edited 5:56AM
    he's a Templar so he could be French or English.
  • miLkmiLk Senior
    QUOTE ([Rapid-Fire] @ May 22 2007, 04:54 PM) »
    he's a Templar so he could be French or English.

Or he could be from like 10 other northern european countries, even Sweden I suppose.
    [†] Templar

Deal with it. Rock`n´roll.
  • edited 5:56AM
    i was referring to the Templar Cross on his chest =)
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    yeh but the movement started in france and so its affiliated as a french movement.
  • miLkmiLk Senior
    QUOTE (Greyfox @ May 22 2007, 05:50 PM) »
    yeh but the movement started in france and so its affiliated as a french movement.

Was it not the pope who started the crusades?
    [†] Templar

Deal with it. Rock`n´roll.
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    edited May 2007
    yeh but the pope didn't start the templars, he just started the war.

Its like saying did those who invented the concept of ghad invent the Al-Qaeda.

(no offence to anyone who may be a Muslim).

Anyway getting back to important stuff....
    It was the pope, but the meeting thingy took place in france I belive.
    but the most famous crusader army's came from england! hurray! England!!!
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    edited May 2007
    Doomsiren, me and you will get along just fine tongue.gif

say does anyone know what the FPS is going to be like with the fire arrows?
    lol i guess you are from England?
    I read somewhere that fire arrows were scrapped due to poor fps lol.
    there is nothing to lol about! fire arrows would be a nice add
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    edited May 2007
    Makes you wonder what the archers new special is going to be. Please dont put legolas machine gun fire arrows on.

Hay mabe they could get him to fire two or three arrows hozontally for the special.