-> Archer !

Comments

• JanrokJanrok Senior
    edited 12:19PM
    QUOTE (Krieg-Hund)
    QUOTE (Eisiger Biskuit)
    I'll tie rope to my arrow, shoot you in the cornia, and yank you with such strength that your boogers will shoot out your posterior, after my fist makes aquaintences with your face.

Looks like someone just got owned. :wink:

It seems that the new patch is closer than I thought it was. They have the Huscarl modeled and everything... Now they just need to texture some of the things and work out some kinks...

I am excited :!:

How do you know that?
  • BeowulfBeowulf Senior
    One of the devs told me he was going to PM me the huscarl model but then he totally welshed on it.
  • Roddy BixlarRoddy Bixlar No Man Members, Senior
    Smells like malarkey..... or some kind of "excuse" to release them all in one big "announcement"... pssh....

Regardless, I wanna see.

*Pro Ninja Alliance*
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    yea I wanna see the new viking class too, it's unfiar that they show the other new classes but not the viking (if the model is finished that is).
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • ResiakResiak Sevy forever. Senior
    QUOTE (LordTrilobite)
    yea I wanna see the new viking class too, it's unfiar that they show the other new classes but not the viking (if the model is finished that is).

They are saving the worst for last.

I am kidding.
  • anonymous732anonymous732 Members
    Patience is a virtue, I suppose.
  • Parrot of WarParrot of War Senior
    QUOTE (Roddy Bixlar)
    Smells like malarkey..... or some kind of "excuse" to release them all in one big "announcement"... pssh....

Regardless, I wanna see.

If they are all saving it all for one big announcement....I'm not sure my mind could take all that awesomness. I just hope we'll be seeing the stuff soon.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
    QUOTE (Resiak)
    QUOTE (LordTrilobite)

They are saving the worst for last.

I am kidding.

Die cur!

tongue.gif
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • Krieg-HundKrieg-Hund Members
    QUOTE (LordTrilobite)
    QUOTE (Krieg-Hund)
    They have the Huscarl modeled...

They do? is there a preview somewhere?

They don't have a preview. The Huscarl wasn't modeled by Orl, it was modeled by a DEV named Jrocket. At this time he hasn't posted anything on the forums, but many people have messaged him asking for one.

... I wanna see it!

Pretty much the next update is a lot sooner than we all think.
    Well, the first update after the first release was about a month later from what I could see in the news page, but this is prolly a bigger update, so it'll prolly take longer, so maybe it'll be released somewhere in March?
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • A'yarrA'yarr Members
    Thanks for getting my hopes up...
  • BorumerBorumer Senior
    It will just be a surprise when the new classes cames out and we don't know how the Huscarl look like.

I think it's will be more fun to see new cool things in-game instead on a forum.
  • UlricUlric Members
    It looks great but when can we expect it?
  • ZephyrZephyr Senior
    Needs more detail work - he seems way too plain. The original geometry (http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/8572/archermy6.jpg) seemed like it had a lot more filler. The textured model(http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2900/archer0202072dm7.jpg) had the lower area reworked and frankly, it looks a lot worse and just plain boring. Also, the lower part of his coat that covers the upper legs needs something to spice it up. Maybe a pattern on the bottom might help. Try something like _,'._,'._,'._ in red circulating around the, uh, "skirt".
  • MacbethMacbeth Members
    Why not give him chainlink legs to match the arms? And perhaps an ankle knife to spice up that lower area.
    It was just a roadkill ghost. Nothing to worry about.

We all go to Valhalla someday, let me save you the wait.
  • DoomsirenDoomsiren Senior
    j'e adore the model really. love it
  • TheendTheend Members
    Nice archer ^^
  • Drunken BowmanDrunken Bowman Members
    omg you guys made him look so awsome!! can you release the classes without redoing the blocking system? wink.gif
  • miLkmiLk Senior
    edited April 2007
    Looks great, I just have a question though.

Are you gonna have a new colour scheme for each class?

There will eventually be like 6 classes for each team, right? If you have a new colourscheame for every single class, its gonna get quite confusing when you are done with all the classes to see which class belongs to which team if you make them vary alot in the colours. The crusader idea is very cool, but dosent it sway a little bit too far away from the heavy-knight scheme (dosent have much colours there, but anyway I pictuture the knight team as blue or metal).

Cant you have like one or two colours for each class which overlaps the whole team. Cause 6 classes in the knight team, each one with a random colour wont look very grand on the battlefield imo.

Like blue/white for knights (cause they all fight under the same lord, right? So they should basically wear the same colours, maybe variy the pattern, the french colour scheme is cool imo), green (or what ever) for vikings (cause they fight under the same leader) and red/black/leather for pirates (casue they fight under their captains colours. or pirates are abit anarchy but anyway).

Anyway I just hope you keep in mind the whole "team impression" so that classes blend in with the other classes of the team when you are making the skinns. Cause I dont want newbies running around and team killing me cause they cant differ between the teams.

Or am I totally off- track here?
    [†] Templar

Deal with it. Rock`n´roll.
  • AndypAndyp Senior
    QUOTE (Drunken Bowman @ Apr 20 2007, 06:55 AM) »
    omg you guys made him look so awsome!! can you release the classes without redoing the blocking system? wink.gif

Why do you hate this mod so much?

icon_zombieglomp.gif
    Shot at 2007-06-27

Steven Segal should be the joker in the next Nolan batman film, he has the weight of many successful years of acting behind him,( well he has weight behind him at least), and I think he would do it perfectly:

"and my father turns to me and says 'why so chubby?', comes at me with the pamphlet, 'why so chubby'. Sticks the pamphlet in my mouth, 'lets put a diet on that belly of yours' aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd........why so chubby?"
  • miLkmiLk Senior
    QUOTE (miLk @ Apr 23 2007, 04:28 PM) »
    Looks great, I just have a question though.

Are you gonna have a new colour scheme for each class?

There will eventually be like 6 classes for each team, right? If you have a new colourscheame for every single class, its gonna get quite confusing when you are done with all the classes to see which class belongs to which team if you make them vary alot in the colours. The crusader idea is very cool, but dosent it sway a little bit too far away from the heavy-knight scheme (dosent have much colours there, but anyway I pictuture the knight team as blue or metal).

Cant you have like one or two colours for each class which overlaps the whole team. Cause 6 classes in the knight team, each one with a random colour wont look very grand on the battlefield imo.

Like blue/white for knights (cause they all fight under the same lord, right? So they should basically wear the same colours, maybe variy the pattern, the french colour scheme is cool imo), green (or what ever) for vikings (cause they fight under the same leader) and red/black/leather for pirates (casue they fight under their captains colours. or pirates are abit anarchy but anyway).

Anyway I just hope you keep in mind the whole "team impression" so that classes blend in with the other classes of the team when you are making the skinns. Cause I dont want newbies running around and team killing me cause they cant differ between the teams.
    Or am I totally off- track here?

Would someone please care to answer my question!?!?!??! :'(
    [†] Templar

• miLkmiLk Senior
    edited April 2007
    [†] Templar

• MacbethMacbeth Members
    edited April 2007
    Its going to be okay, calm down and chug a icon_grog.gif

PVK 1 did not suffer from what you assume will happen. PVK had different "colors" for the teams but the models were distinquishable enough that you can easily tell who is who and which team was which.
    It was just a roadkill ghost. Nothing to worry about.

We all go to Valhalla someday, let me save you the wait.
  • Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    Thats a lie. I constantly had noobs hitting me when I was a Spear Viking. But generally speaking, yeah its easy to tell.
  • Beer_HunterBeer_Hunter Senior
    QUOTE (Number Nine @ Apr 27 2007, 07:05 AM) »
    Thats a lie. I constantly had noobs hitting me when I was a Spear Viking.

Heheheh...
    First beta player :D
  • VEHVEH Members
    GREAT icon_archer.gif
  • HoofiHoofi Members, Senior
    I don't think team-confusion will be much of a problem. I'm sure new players will get confused, but as long as FF is OFF, things will be A-Okay!
  • DoomsirenDoomsiren Senior
    i wonder how fast you can fire arrows huh.gif it would be kool if you could use your bow like legolas..but then again that would be to overpowered :lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> and i am a viking player icon_viking2.gif so why bother with this bowman icon_archer.gif
  • bootyseizerbootyseizer Senior
    I can feel a new whore phase coming on well at least pirates will have more of a challenge.

icon_yarrpirate.gif
  • MrFlibbleMrFlibble Members, Authorized Creator
    Legolas firing would be pretty interesting. We'll have to wait to see if a volley of quick (less powerful) shots at close range would be equal to a single full-strength one or if it'd just be a waste of ammo. It'd be amusing if you could stab people with your arrows as well just for some quick "get the hell away from me" damage before actually firing.
    ~Sir Lister of Smeg~