wow the texture looks really cool!
    cant wait to see it ingame!
  • ScrapScrap Senior
    edited 2:47PM
    where did his hair go? D:
    user posted image
  • Parrot of WarParrot of War Senior
    Looks real nice! I can't wait until I see your pirate captain model skinned.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • OrlOrl PVKII Team
    QUOTE (Scrap)
    where did his hair go? D:

lol texturing in progress ...
    ad augusta per angusta
    I think he needs some kind of a crest or something like that on the front of his outfit.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • Cpt. BenCpt. Ben Senior
    QUOTE (Orl)
    Hi all,

Here is the archer.

That's gunna look so good to all of you when you see me standing over your dead body using the voice sound "I'm invincible"
    umm.... yarrr??
    Long time fan of the PVK series; don't ever change it guys.

Creator of *ANTI-NINJA SQUAD*
    I owned Ored
    Favourite PVK classes: Sniper Pirate, Spear Viking, Bowman - can't wait to see their counter-parts in PVKII.
    I once killed a player who had god mode on and very recently, a player named something like "Ored" who had speed hacks on. How, you ask? I got angry...
    Thanks Suspect-Device
  • DecipherDecipher Senior
    Wow. He totally doesn't look like me anymore. sad.gif
    On an extended hiatus to focus on school.
  • JEBUSJEBUS Senior
    I don't like it. Just dosn't seem pvkish. I would prefere one just like pvk1. This guy seems more like an assassain or a random guy who uses a bow rather than a archer in the military.

Def to assassianish.
    Ingame name: {JEBUS_54}
    QUOTE (JEBUS)
    I don't like it. Just dosn't seem pvkish. I would prefere one just like pvk1. This guy seems more like an assassain or a random guy who uses a bow rather than a archer in the military.

Def to assassianish.

That's why I was hoping for a crest or a cross in the middle of the front of his outfit, just to make him look a little more holy. Also, is it possible to change his dark green color shirt to more of an off-white color shirt and make that crest the color of his hood? I think that'd look a little less assassinish and more like an archer.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • OrlOrl PVKII Team
    I'll ask Jrocket if i can change his color sheme, but keep in mind that texturing just began and the model as u see it on the pictures isn't textured at all exept for the face
    ad augusta per angusta
  • PhobosPhobos Senior
    Right now he looks like the twin brother of the Prince of Persia in "Warrior Within". http://pop.vokr.com/covers/Prince_Of_Persi...Within-back.jpg

Give him two swords and we can rename the mod to "Pirates, Vikings & Knights, and Persians, too"

That is by the way no criticism, I like the face. I'm not so sure about the goatee, but otherwise great.
    [ˈfoʊ.bəs]
  • daranzdaranz Banned Senior
    I think it's mainly the hood that gives him an assassinish look. The concept art had him wearing a more leathery-helmet kind of thing
    *Pro Ninja Alliance*
  • OrlOrl PVKII Team
    the hood is historicaly very accurate so i guess we won't change it.
    but i agree that the color sheme can be improved.
    i'll try different sheme and you'll tell me wich on u like
    ad augusta per angusta
  • HengishammerHengishammer PVKII Team
    Hoods were composed of cloth or leather. For the better part cloth was used because it was cheap. They used what they could find--so either is acceptable. It looks like cloth so we can stick with that:)

"Good men die but death cannot kill their names"- Viking Proverb
  • ResiakResiak Sevy forever. Senior
    Did the devs happen to watch the Myth Busters thing on Pirates that came on the other day?

I missed it :cry:

In any case, the archer looks great IMO.
  • Argo MamurusArgo Mamurus Senior
    Been away for a while, and i come back to the archer getting textured biggrin.gif

Hmm, does look like an assassin, but as far as te hood goes and the leather armour, could you not make it a patch wotk of diferant colour leather, and cloth?

And why do i have a strnage urge to try and make you guys texture one of his eye's blind...you know a small grey film overlapping it...hmmmm...now im hungry
    user posted image
  • Ladies Love Lord Gold ThroLadies Love Lord Gold Thro avatar of the butt god Senior
    I think it looks fine as an archer. Makes me think of something out of Robin Hood. I think the Assassin could have some kind of cloth covering his/her mouth to sort of differentiate - dark clothing works too.
    "I gotta tell you, Lord Gold. Let's roll."
  • doomdoom Senior
    hmm.. maybe the colour could be more a bit foresty?
    i mean more green and brownish that you see in forests so it has a little bit a how do you call it??? aargh..... Camo look in forests.
    else his texture should be more dark or more light dont know witch one it was though... biggrin.gif
  • VancaVanca Senior
    I liked the hair on the untextured model
    Rawr
  • OrlOrl PVKII Team
    Hairs will be back, no worries
    ad augusta per angusta
  • edited 2:47PM
    It's kinda dark don't ya think?

Just use some brighter colors and your good to go! smile.gif
  • WootjeWootje Banned
    the class i been waiting for since PVK1 biggrin.gif

• [BD]ScurvySam[BD]ScurvySam Senior
    You guys.. it isn't fully textures, didn't you all hear?
    "For you, the day Bison graced your village was the greatest day of your life. For me? It was Tuesday."
    -M. Bison
  • OrlOrl PVKII Team
    updated
    ad augusta per angusta
    LOOKS AMAZING! It needs nothing more. It looks great right now. Keep up this great work, Orl.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • edited 2:47PM
    QUOTE (Orl)
    Hi all,

Here is the archer.

Holy crap... :shock:

That's freaking awesome! I liked the old skin, but I love this new one!
    I'll feast on your bones!!
  • ResiakResiak Sevy forever. Senior
    Omg, hes perfect!
  • DolphinDolphin Members
    Awesome, I really like the stitches on his hood. Looks really good. It might look cool if you put some of those stitches along the gloves though too, they look very slightly rubbery. The cross and red stripes along the sleeves and base of the tunic could look even cooler with a black outline...

But those are just my preferences, and minor at that. Really good job, I love it.
    QUOTE (Dolphin)
    Awesome, I really like the stitches on his hood. Looks really good. It might look cool if you put some of those stitches along the gloves though too, they look very slightly rubbery. The cross and red stripes along the sleeves and base of the tunic could look even cooler with a black outline...

But those are just my preferences, and minor at that. Really good job, I love it.

It's possible there are already stitches on the gloves and, because of the angle of his hand, we can't see them
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*