-> Captain !

Comments

• Vomika7Vomika7 Members
    edited 11:35PM
    omg, its so perfect. <3
    user posted image
  • Cpt. BenCpt. Ben Senior
    May I suggest either making the captain left handed (for potential realism and a pleasant change from the usual right-handedness of every single FPS game) or changing his hook to the left hand so he can actually use his cutlass with the right hand... that's right, I see all.

Unless he's got some sort of special magical voodoo pirate glue made from the fibers of 18th century hair-pieces which makes it capable for him to hold his cutlass with his hook.
    umm.... yarrr??
    Long time fan of the PVK series; don't ever change it guys.

Creator of *ANTI-NINJA SQUAD*
    I owned Ored
    Favourite PVK classes: Sniper Pirate, Spear Viking, Bowman - can't wait to see their counter-parts in PVKII.
    I once killed a player who had god mode on and very recently, a player named something like "Ored" who had speed hacks on. How, you ask? I got angry...
    Thanks Suspect-Device
  • GobstopperGobstopper Members
    lol thats the most handicapped pirate ever

he's missing an eye a hand AND a leg
  • PhobosPhobos Senior
    QUOTE (Gobstopper)

To put it in the words of Snoop Dogg: He paid tha cost to be da boss.
    [ˈfoʊ.bəs]
  • OrlOrl PVKII Team
    QUOTE (TooMuchCoffee)
    QUOTE (Gobstopper)

To put it in the words of Snoop Dogg: He paid tha cost to be da boss.

ROFL
    ad augusta per angusta
    Lucky. You made a modeler roll on the floor laughing. I wish I had the prestige to do something that grand for the devs as well. The devs freed us from eternal slavery and all I wish to do is repay them for what they've done. Their greatness will lead us to the revolution.
    umm.... yarrr??

I owned Ored
    Favourite PVK classes: Sniper Pirate, Spear Viking, Bowman - can't wait to see their counter-parts in PVKII.
    I once killed a player who had god mode on and very recently, a player named something like "Ored" who had speed hacks on. How, you ask? I got angry...
    Thanks Suspect-Device
    In the concept, the pirate captain has a big gut and a feather in his hat. Will that be added on or will it just stay the way it is?
    umm.... yarrr??

I owned Ored
    Thanks Suspect-Device
  • Parrot of WarParrot of War Senior
    QUOTE (Cpt. Ben)
    In the concept, the pirate captain has a big gut and a feather in his hat. Will that be added on or will it just stay the way it is?

I don't really care for a very large gut, but I would like to see that feather.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • Captain CrunchCaptain Crunch The one and only Members, Senior
    QUOTE (Cpt. Ben)

Come now, we dont want us pirates to be physically unfit now do you? Although, a big hat, would be nice. A REALLY big hat.
  • GobstopperGobstopper Members
    yeah! and it should be purple too
  • ResiakResiak Sevy forever. Senior
    QUOTE (Gobstopper)

Lets not, and say we did.
    QUOTE (Resiak)
    QUOTE (Gobstopper)

Lets not, and say we did.

Quite. This is not "Pimps, Vikings and Knights.
    Let's continue this discussion over fine cookies and cigars and chuckle as we spill our brandies on the velvet red carpet.
    umm.... yarrr??

I owned Ored
    Thanks Suspect-Device
  • armundusarmundus Members
    Is it me, or has the captain lost some pounds on him biggrin.gif . Anyhoo cant wait to see the other ones aswell. It looks pretty cool biggrin.gif . Also a grats on the baby :wink:
    QUOTE (armundus)
    Is it me, or has the captain lost some pounds on him biggrin.gif . Anyhoo cant wait to see the other ones aswell. It looks pretty cool  :D . Also a grats on the baby  :wink:

... we were just talking about that...
    umm.... yarrr??

I owned Ored
    Thanks Suspect-Device
  • SmoggSmogg Members
    He needs a red feather in his hat.
  • Krieg-HundKrieg-Hund Members
    The captain looks sweet, and I agree that he needs a feather in his hat, but I was thinking a black hat and a white feather... Although I would be happy with red too.

I was thinking though, wouldn't it be hard to fire a blunderbuss with a hooked hand? Especially when you are squeezing the trigger with... Well... A hooked hand? But then again, doing away with the Captn's hook would mean altering his hook and parrot combo.

Also, I was thinking that maybe you could do away with the eye patch on the captain too. It is menial, I know, but I think that it is a little odd that in the next release that all the pirates have eyepatches.
    QUOTE (Krieg-Hund)
    The captain looks sweet, and I agree that he needs a feather in his hat, but I was thinking a black hat and a white feather... Although I would be happy with red too.

I was thinking though, wouldn't it be hard to fire a blunderbuss with a hooked hand? Especially when you are squeezing the trigger with... Well... A hooked hand? But then again, doing away with the Captn's hook would mean altering his hook and parrot combo.

Also, I was thinking that maybe you could do away with the eye patch on the captain too. It is menial, I know, but I think that it is a little odd that in the next release that all the pirates have eyepatches.

He pulls the trigger with his intact hand. He holds it up with his hook hand. Play pvk 1 and you'll see. BTW I like how disabled the captain is, I say keep the eye patch, hook, and peg leg!
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • OnsetOnset Members
    QUOTE (Krieg-Hund)

i agree, but if the patch stays so be it.
    Actually, now that I think about it he doesn't really need an eyepatch. He definately needs his peg leg and hook hand, but since the skirmisher has an eyepatch, I don't think the captain will need one. He's handicapped just enough with a replacement hand and replacement leg.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
    QUOTE (Demon Penguin)
    He pulls the trigger with his intact hand. He holds it up with his hook hand. Play pvk 1 and you'll see. BTW I like how disabled the captain is, I say keep the eye patch, hook, and peg leg!

So the Captn' is left handed?

I think he looks sweet though, so if they keep him that way, it is fine with me. Just prefrence, it doesn't bother me that much.

Will his peg leg mean that the Captn' is slower than normal? Maybe make him faster and slower depending on which foot he is walking on? It makes sense, because of the peg. I hope that the Captn's footsteps are diffrent than someone with both of thier legs. Heheeh, sweet.
    QUOTE (Demon Penguin)
    Actually, now that I think about it he doesn't really need an eyepatch. He definately needs his peg leg and hook hand, but since the skirmisher has an eyepatch, I don't think the captain will need one. He's handicapped just enough with a replacement hand and replacement leg.

I agree. I like the peg leg, and the hook if they can make it work well with the blunderbuss.
  • Beer_HunterBeer_Hunter Senior
    QUOTE (Krieg-Hund)
    QUOTE (Demon Penguin)

if they can make it work well with the blunderbuss.

It worked fine in PVK I.
    First beta player :D
    QUOTE (Krieg-Hund)
    QUOTE (Demon Penguin)

So the Captn' is left handed?

I think he looks sweet though, so if they keep him that way, it is fine with me. Just prefrence, it doesn't bother me that much.

Will his peg leg mean that the Captn' is slower than normal? Maybe make him faster and slower depending on which foot he is walking on? It makes sense, because of the peg. I hope that the Captn's footsteps are diffrent than someone with both of thier legs. Heheeh, sweet.

Hmmm in pvk 1 I guess his hook was on his left hand. They could either change the hand that the hook is on, or just make him hold the blunderbuss like a lefty. And, if you have HL1 please play pvk1. The captain is a bit slower than the skirmisher but it's not a huge difference. He walked with out bending the leg that had the peg, so he kinda had a limp. It looked realitic. Hopefully if that rubber chunk on the bottom of his peg leg is removed, there could also be a peg sound that sounds like wood hitting against stone, and that could happen every other step.

Basically these are the three things thi model needs before it is skinned:

1. Maybe remove the eypatch.
    2. Change which side the hook is on.
    3. Remove that rubber chunk at the bottom of the peg leg (Orl has mentioned he would do this).
    4. The parrot should appear on his shoulder when it is not in use, or if it got killed.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    QUOTE (Demon Penguin)
    4. The parrot should appear on his shoulder when it is not in use, or if it got killed.

So he should have a dead parror on his shoulder? tongue.gif
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
    QUOTE (LordTrilobite)
    QUOTE (Demon Penguin)

So he should have a dead parror on his shoulder? tongue.gif

You know what I meant! I should have said ", as long as it didn't get killed."
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • Beer_HunterBeer_Hunter Senior
    Emhh, we can still play PVK I ? ohmy.gif :shock:
    I unninstaled it ages ago, people still play that game?
    First beta player :D
  • Zen MetheusZen Metheus Senior
    The Pirate Captain was my favourite Pirate class because he was just ridiculous. Eye-patch, peg-leg and hook arm! As killing machines go he was the funniest to fight with and against.
    I swear to god, if the sharpshooter has an eyepatch....
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    QUOTE (Captain Crunch)
    I swear to god, if the sharpshooter has an eyepatch....

Then you'll eat your crunchy hat?
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.