Viking Bondi Complete!!

2»

Comments

• GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    edited 9:59PM
    I think that they should bring the Bondi out as the third class instead of the gestir just for having that bow, then the vikings would have some sereous range.
  • Zen MetheusZen Metheus Senior
    I think that they should bring the Bondi out as the third class instead of the gestir just for having that bow, then the vikings would have some sereous range.

I was thinking the exact same thing - I mean they virtually have all the weapons already - Javelins are done and simply re-skin the long bow.
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    edited July 2007
    yeh, i dont know why the team dosen't introduce classes of equal strengths and weaknesses at the same time.

They could have brought out the Archer-Bondi-sharpshooter classes in the same patch which are all effectivly long range classes, atleast there wouldn't be the balance issues.
  • Zen MetheusZen Metheus Senior
    True - but it would be very boring if the all the new classes were similar/the same. Diversity is the key to PVK's brilliance.
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    yeh i sopose but there all going to be in eventually so ultimatly it won't make any difference.
  • edited 9:59PM
    WHY ARE WE REVIVING THIS THREAD?
    Soldier of Fortune: giant fish ice cube monsters that shoot freezing beams from their eyes
    Epidemic: holy shit your the messiah.
    Epidemic: praise the redneck hells angel!
    Soldier of Fortune: PRAISE ME BITCHES!!!
  • AmerikaAmerika Honkey Senior
    edited July 2007
    Every thread needs some love.
    And that bondi looks fuckin' awesome.

As for him being homeless looking or anything, I've never seen a homeless (wo)man have a bow. In fact, all i see them with is a shopping cart full of crap. This guy is no hobo.
    imageI love eggs!
    QUOTE (Gee Hawd @ Nov 20 2007, 11:59 AM) »
    They're all transsexuals... but you wouldn't know that, YOU FAILED THE TEST

Looking pretty good, keep up the awesome work!
    looks very realistic, but its not totally the same, but theres no need , Awesome job
  • SenkuSenku Senior
    get rid of the hat it makes him look like a hobo but everything else looks fine
  • CrazyGoblinCrazyGoblin Everybody's favorite Greenskin Senior
    edited August 2007
    QUOTE (Senku @ Aug 29 2007, 11:26 PM) »

Wow. Almost an entire month after the last post.

That's the longest gap I've seen yet...

And by the way, the hat looks fine. At least he's not wearing a Bunad.

EDIT:

No, not the longest. The longest I've seen was almost a year.
  • SirGuntherSirGunther Senior
    We like our gaps
  • STaTIoNSTaTIoN Senior
    He doesn't look like a beggar.

It would be great to watch this topic reach more than 1 year of gap.

Just making sure all forums have a 2008 post! =D!
    So what if bondi looks like a homeless smurf, huscarl like my godfather and berseker like an unemployed male stripper? mellow.gif I think it just makes this game funnier. tongue.gif
  • DeadorKDeadorK Senior
    Guys. 5 months. Seriously.
  • PhobosPhobos Senior
    I saw the thread title and expected a complete model of the Bondi. Instead I found the same information dating back to over a year ago.

Please stop necrohumping old threads from yesteryear. Unless there's really something new around.
    [ˈfoʊ.bəs]
  • FearFear Senior
    Lol, station just bumped to say we still active. But there was a one month gap between his and yours. And this forum thread moved like 2 weeks ago from the last forum thread position.
  • AndypAndyp Senior
    QUOTE (Senku @ Aug 29 2007, 11:26 PM) »

Nah he's a peasant it fits, plus its funny.
    Shot at 2007-06-27

Steven Segal should be the joker in the next Nolan batman film, he has the weight of many successful years of acting behind him,( well he has weight behind him at least), and I think he would do it perfectly:

"and my father turns to me and says 'why so chubby?', comes at me with the pamphlet, 'why so chubby'. Sticks the pamphlet in my mouth, 'lets put a diet on that belly of yours' aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd........why so chubby?"
  • darktimesdarktimes Senior
    i whould like to see that the dev juarnal is more used, after 2.0 is it pretty daed (on the front page)
    _
    why are you reading this?
  • CrocketteCrockette Senior
    Great job, He doesn't really look homeless to me. Maybe homeless people have changed these days!
    Proud member of [-vVv-]

• katterkatter Members
    I know the thread is old, but seeing as how it's already been necro'd I figured I'd give my two cents.

The clothing is typical sami style. The sami are a people who live predominantly in the northern parts of Sweden and Norway, but also in northern Finland and Russia. Genetically and culturally the sami were very distinct from other scandinavians during the viking age (and to some extent still are), but there were never any ethnic tensions to my understanding (racial biologism in the first half of the 20th century notwithstanding) so from a historical perspective there isn't really anything that implausible about vikings and sami going on a treasure hunt together, even though there is little or no evidence of that ever happening to any greater extent. I suppose logistics might prove a limiting factor, but seeing as how we're talking about a mod where Vikings are fighting Prates and Knights, I don't think that needs much consideration.

In terms of how the art style affects the overall feel of the viking faction in PVKII, I'd say its mainly positive. The sami theme of the bondi (the word, BTW, is infact derived from the same word as he Norwegian "bonde", and means farmer. What one has to consider is that there is a subtle but important difference between a nordic farmer and a serf, peasant, or peon) is consistent with the viking theme of being from the northernmost reaches of Europe, and as long as the "regular" viking theme remains dominant throught the other faction classes I don't see anything negative in how the Bondi class is portrayed in those pictures.
    I see no flaws with this drawing; just an excellent picture of how a Viking -might- have looked like. Noone actually knows for sure how they did, so imho, this is a very good interpretation of a Bondi, considering the limited sources of knowledge we have of our Scandinavian ancestors that exists in writing.

A very good job has been done here smile.gif
    #1 RESPECT YOUR FELLOW PLAYERS!
    #2 RESPECT YOUR ADMINS!
    #3 RESPECT YOURSELVES!
  • Dae RyusenDae Ryusen Senior
    I'm posting in a relic, sweet

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
  • RothGelenRothGelen Senior
    STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD
    dragonattacksig02.png
  • FrazzFrazz Senior
    QUOTE (Kneecap @ Jan 17 2007, 09:36 PM) »
    I see, i mixed up the words "Bonde" and "bondi" "Bonde means peasant in Norweigan.

But still, i think his style more russian/polish late middle ages than an viking from the dark ages.

in swedish too i might add.
  • Banjo BoyBanjo Boy Pickin' to Beat the Devil PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
  • Hell-metHell-met Senior
    you're*
This discussion has been closed.