edited 12:01PM in Dev Journal
Behold, the Viking Bondi!

8)

www.pvkii.com/images/artwork/bondi.jpg

"Good men die but death cannot kill their names"- Viking Proverb

Comments

• Parrot of WarParrot of War Senior
    edited 12:01PM
    Looks great!! Keep up the good work, and put out a swashbuckler concept art out for me please!
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • WatchMakerWatchMaker Senior
    Behind the leg mad crazy bow skills? Neat.
  • edited 12:01PM
    He looks like this homeless guy I saw on a street corner... Where's his paperbag? :lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Anyhow, I like it! I've always wanted to kill that guy for mooching my change when I needed it...
  • DecipherDecipher Senior
    That's a viking? He looks a bit like a homeless guy working at a renaissance fair for a few bucks.
    On an extended hiatus to focus on school.
  • VancaVanca Senior
    QUOTE (Decipher)
    That's a viking? He looks a bit like a homeless guy working at a renaissance fair for a few bucks.
    Rawr
  • KneecapKneecap 'mi-s&n-"thrOp Senior
    He looked like russian medieval peasant because of the baggy pants and the hat. Viking peasant wouldnt have the money or the material to make such fancy clothes... ESPECIALLY not the baggy renessaince pants.

But the drawing ten times better than anything i could draw.
    24th September 07 NEVAR FORGET!
    imageimageimage
    QUOTE (IRIS @ Dec 20 2007, 05:00 AM) »
    I think we should all jsut ignore kneecap
  • HengishammerHengishammer PVKII Team
    Wrong. You guys outta know by now to do research before bashing.

Bondi were not the lowest class or a peasant. Thralls or praell were the lowest slave class. A Bondi was a freeman landowner. Being a landowner didnt mean exclusion from owning finer linens--in fact they had servants below them-the thralls or praell. Bondi even had the potential to become Jarls.

Someone who could have the potential to become the next king would not look like a sack of potatoes.
    :twisted:

"Good men die but death cannot kill their names"- Viking Proverb
  • PhobosPhobos Senior
    My first thought, as I saw the picture, was "What, the Bondi is a bum?" Then I noticed the funky hat and thought "It's Homeless Smurf!" But after your explanation I bow my head in shame. He looks fine, although he really should let go of the mead - just take a look at his eyes!
    [ˈfoʊ.bəs]
  • VancaVanca Senior
    Rofl, "Homeless Smurf".

I dunno, it might be realistic and all but he lacks the 'meh' I seek in the vikings.
    Rawr
  • Gobanzo_MonGobanzo_Mon Members
    I love it. I also love how you guys are taking a more realistic approach to vikings.
  • ScrapScrap Senior
    The calm look reminded me of Cerdic potrayed in the King Artur movie :shock:

user posted image
    QUOTE (Hengishammer)
    Wrong. You guys outta know by now to do research before bashing.

Bondi were not the lowest class or a peasant. Thralls or praell were the lowest slave class. A Bondi was a freeman landowner. Being a landowner didnt mean exclusion from owning finer linens--in fact they had servants below them-the thralls or praell. Bondi even had the potential to become Jarls.

Someone who could have the potential to become the next king would not look like a sack of potatoes.
    :twisted:

I see, i mixed up the words "Bonde" and "bondi" "Bonde means peasant in Norweigan.

But still, i think his style more russian/polish late middle ages than an viking from the dark ages.
    imageimageimage
    (Sorry for double post, but i dont seem to be able to edit my posts)

Also remember that the bondi class was a very broad one ranging from impoverished peasants to men of wealth and local authority.
    So he dont need to look like a rich man.

And dont take this as bashing. Im just adding my two cents.
    imageimageimage
  • [BD]ScurvySam[BD]ScurvySam Senior
    I like the style Hengis, nicely done.
    So is this going to be the "stealth" class for the vikings? If so it would be quite fitting since he looks very hunteresque. Except for maybe the pants, I'm kinda confused trying to make it out. Is he wearing super baggy pants that are tucked into his socks? Or has he adopted some kind of pirate fashion?
    "For you, the day Bison graced your village was the greatest day of your life. For me? It was Tuesday."
    -M. Bison
  • WoozieWoozie Senior
    What happened to the old crazy ninja sam fisher Bondi concept?

Not that it matters, this looks more realistic and better.
  • Hubb Jubb ManagerHubb Jubb Manager Purveyor of Hubb Jubb Juice Senior
    QUOTE (Kneecap)
    He looked like Russian medieval peasant because of the baggy pants and the hat. Viking peasant would have the money or the material to make such fancy clothes...  ESPECIALLY not the baggy renaissance pants.

Well, the Scandinavian countries DO border Russia. They have a chance of having similar looking clothing. And for the era that the vikings were actually really active... (don't kill me if I am wrong) 500's to 1100's ish... that is appropriate garb.
    Hubb Jubb Manager

Serving Hubb Jubb Juice since 2002
  • OrlOrl PVKII Team
    Man, those are very good drawings.
    It's very usefull for a modeler like me to have such high detailed references.

Thx and good job !
    ad augusta per angusta
  • edited 12:01PM
    Looks amazing as all your other work. I <3 Vikings smile.gif
    I'll feast on your bones!!
  • VV Lumberjack's son Senior
    Bah, he looks more like an hobo than a warrior to me, Gj anyway.
  • Zen MetheusZen Metheus Senior
    mmmm Javelins and a bow! This is going to be my favourite class!

Good work!
  • MahaTmAMahaTmA Senior
    QUOTE (Hubb Jubb Manager)
    QUOTE (Kneecap)
    He looked like Russian medieval peasant because of the baggy pants and the hat. Viking peasant would have the money or the material to make such fancy clothes...  ESPECIALLY not the baggy renaissance pants.

Well, the Scandinavian countries DO border Russia. They have a chance of having similar looking clothing. And for the era that the vikings were actually really active... (don't kill me if I am wrong) 500's to 1100's ish... that is appropriate garb.

Especially seeing as how the vikings actually sailed to the black sea and up certain streams in Russia to trade. Vikings did much more trading than plundering.

And hengis, beautiful as ever. He reminds me of this guy my grandma had ahnging on the wall for some reason;
    Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
    - Richard Feynman
  • daranzdaranz Banned Senior
    He has a Mjolnir pendant, therefore, he's obviously a Viking and not a homeless dude. Duh.

Though, what exactly is he doing with that bow?
    *Pro Ninja Alliance*
  • Last JomsvikingLast Jomsviking Members
    AWSOME! the Mjolnir is a great touch smile.gif
    user posted image
    "Praise no day until evening, no wife until buried, no sword until tested, no maid until bedded, no ice until crossed, no ale until drunk."
    - Havamal
    QUOTE (daranz)
    He has a Mjolnir pendant, therefore, he's obviously a Viking and not a homeless dude. Duh.

I believe he's stringnig the bow?
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
    QUOTE (Demon Penguin)
    QUOTE (daranz)

I believe he's stringing the bow?
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
    Ooops, no edit button and I hit the quote button thinking it was the edit. I just fixed a little grammar mistake.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • ResiakResiak Sevy forever. Senior
    Now you made it a triple post. See what you done demon!
    :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm sorry everybody.......
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • Sir SpankisSir Spankis Members
    I can't wait till the bondi class comes out :shock: GRRRR ME WANT
  • Cpt. BenCpt. Ben Senior
    so Hengis when can we expect to see the Seio-Kona and Swashbuckler concepts? Keeekeeekeee smile.gif
    umm.... yarrr??
    Long time fan of the PVK series; don't ever change it guys.

Creator of *ANTI-NINJA SQUAD*
    I owned Ored
    Favourite PVK classes: Sniper Pirate, Spear Viking, Bowman - can't wait to see their counter-parts in PVKII.
    I once killed a player who had god mode on and very recently, a player named something like "Ored" who had speed hacks on. How, you ask? I got angry...
    Thanks Suspect-Device
This discussion has been closed.