pvk_fort

SkjalgSkjalg Senior
edited 6:57AM in Dev Journal
I'd like to use this thread for feedback so that I can make pvk_fort a better map!

In here you can voice your troubles with it, and I'll see what I can do about it. For next version I will move spawns away from the courtyard and up into second levels of the fort, plus making some small adjustments here and there so the map flows better. I'll also look into some of the fps issues (high tower and pier).

First off I've also heard complaints that the map is so messy that it would be better if it werent team deathmatch, but normal deathmatch.

What do the community say?

Comments

• NirrtiNirrti Members
    edited 6:57AM
    As i showed to you, you can kegjump to that place, and, inside the building, on some planks, but yeah, i hope you keep it as a TDM smile.gif
  • Rick_DRick_D Members
    I enjoyed it - only thing I'd say is move the spawns about so that the action takes place more evenly over the level.
  • SkjalgSkjalg Senior
    QUOTE (Nirrti)
    As i showed to you, you can kegjump to that place, and, inside the building, on some planks, but yeah, i hope you keep it as a TDM smile.gif

already taken care of
  • NirrtiNirrti Members
    You could maybe do the middle tower accessible, or then make so that you can drop the cannon, inside the castle, so that you attach the rope simply to some breakable func_physbox (or whatever they are called)
  • SkjalgSkjalg Senior
    I'll think about the tower business wink.gif

as for the cannon, I think I'll remove it alltogether and later on replace it with a net and barrel that can be cut down and explodes when it hits the floor. But that has to be made :/
  • RothgarRothgar Server Admin
    I think it should become a territory map, where a team has to hold the pier (waiting for re-inforcements or whatever you want to make the storyline) for a period. I found we usually ended up battling on the pier and the end of it could become territory. It's long enough and open enough to allow a charge I'd like to hope or you could even add some extra pier parts and even allow people to run off the pier smile.gif

I think that could turn out quite well, I was a bit disapointed when I couldn't fall into the water. You might even be able to make a high window in one of the side towers or something where people can jump out of into the water as an alternative entry point. As well as a sniping spot smile.gif

Possibilities are endless.
    Dawgclan Network > http://www.dawgclan.net
    CustomFactor.com > Official PVK II #1 Beta 2.4 (-FF)
    21 Players, 33 tick, Custom Maps & More
    203.56.188.6:27019
  • NirrtiNirrti Members
    QUOTE (Rothgar)
    I think it should become a territory map, where a team has to hold the pier (waiting for re-inforcements or whatever you want to make the storyline) for a period. I found we usually ended up battling on the pier and the end of it could become territory. It's long enough and open enough to allow a charge I'd like to hope or you could even add some extra pier parts and even allow people to run off the pier smile.gif

I think that could turn out quite well, I was a bit disapointed when I couldn't fall into the water. You might even be able to make a high window in one of the side towers or something where people can jump out of into the water as an alternative entry point. As well as a sniping spot smile.gif

If thats gonna happen, you need pirahnas tongue.gif
  • SkjalgSkjalg Senior
    QUOTE (Rothgar)

I'll make the water accessible, but with evil fish in them if you swim too far out! smile.gif
  • LuigiBrothaLuigiBrotha Members
    I was thinking ... At the end of the pier you add a viking ship. With the ropes on the sides as a ladder. And then at the top you need to take the territory. It might need a little nest at the top. The only downside that I could of using that as territory though would be that most parts on this huge map are not used.
  • SkjalgSkjalg Senior
    QUOTE (LuigiBrotha)
    I was thinking ... At the end of the pier you add a viking ship. With the ropes on the sides as a ladder. And then at the top you need to take the territory. It might need a little nest at the top. The only downside that I could of using that as territory though would be that most parts on this huge map are not used.

I cant add anything more to the pier now, It's laggy enough as it is :/
  • AsskickerAsskicker Senior
    No , because like you say , the rest of the map won't be used any more.

Also , I get much spawnkilled in here. Maybi you can do something on this?
  • SkjalgSkjalg Senior
    QUOTE (Asskicker)
    No , because like you say , the rest of the map won't be used any more.

Also , I get much spawnkilled in here. Maybi you can do something on this?

Since im moving the spawns to lesser used areas, I dont think that will be a problem anymore^^
  • ScrapScrap Senior
    hehe hey skjalg, played with me once. Atleast your keeping the docks as you can see everyone loves it . Also like i posted in another topic i get a strange occurance that if i join the fort map midgame i get a huge fps drop but if it happens with a mapchange it runs good. Max players 20 where i play and on both cases its been 18-20 players so it isnt that.

Voted for keep it team deathmatch because we need 1 of those maps 2 currently and its good to just travel with a group for once not worring about some chest.
    user posted image
  • SkjalgSkjalg Senior
    QUOTE (Scrap)
    hehe hey skjalg, played with me once. Atleast your keeping the docks as you can see everyone loves it . Also like i posted in another topic i get a strange occurance that if i join the fort map midgame i get a huge fps drop but if it happens with a mapchange it runs good. Max players 20 where i play and on both cases its been 18-20 players so it isnt that.

Voted for keep it team deathmatch because we need 1 of those maps 2 currently and its good to just travel with a group for once not worring about some chest.

Hm thats a weird bug, I dont think I have heard of it before.

Oh and, yes I think it will stay team deathmatch. the rest of the pvk2 team was also against me changing smile.gif
  • EbozEboz Members
    I voted last, I just like if there is a chest. At the same time, I think many dosent like the map because it takes a lot performance. It is a really detaild map, and if you dont have a pretty updates system you can feel the FPS drop.
    System:
    AMD64 3200+
    1.5 geeks of ram
    Geforce7800GS
  • RipexRipex Members
    QUOTE (Rothgar)
    It will end of with 10 knights on the pier with crossbows, and no one will ever capture it... tongue.gif

z000mg!... Skjalg is from Norway! biggrin.gif
  • RothgarRothgar Server Admin
    QUOTE (Ripex)
    QUOTE (Rothgar)
    It will end of with 10 knights on the pier with crossbows, and no one will ever capture it... tongue.gif

z000mg!... Skjalg is from Norway! biggrin.gif

Nah, we've been all battling on the pier before they run out of bows and plus you can dodge them. Then you add the new fact that Skjalg has already said the water will be accesible smile.gif
    Dawgclan Network > http://www.dawgclan.net
    CustomFactor.com > Official PVK II #1 Beta 2.4 (-FF)
    21 Players, 33 tick, Custom Maps & More
    203.56.188.6:27019
  • SkjalgSkjalg Senior
    this is going to be some bump, but who cares biggrin.gif

A long awaited update to pvk_fort will be in beta 2.. Just letting you know. I will try to fix the ladderbug on the pier (so you cant jump really high). Also going to add ammo for the new classes.

There will also be some minor updates and bugfixes all around...
  • Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    Is it staying Team DM?
  • DoomsirenDoomsiren Senior
    let it stay team deathmatch. this is the only map were you can bash eachothers skulls in without having to worry about chests or other things.
  • Suspect-DeviceSuspect-Device There's no such thing as rape, only surprise sex! Senior
    QUOTE (Doomsiren @ Jul 9 2007, 10:18 AM) »
    let it stay team deathmatch. this is the only map were you can bash eachothers skulls in without having to worry about chests or other things.

I agree, in fact, i would enjoy having more DM maps in the next updates! That sort of gamemode seperates the men from the pirates...
  • edited 6:57AM
    I get bored with general DM maps, add some sort of objective!
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    Its a really well made map but i would prefer it if they had team spawn areas and something to actually do on it though.
  • Cpt. BenCpt. Ben Senior
    edited July 2007
    Free for all would be interesting. Especially for competitive 1 on 1 type maps if such a thing is being thought through.

'Ealer vs 'Ealer... oh yea.
    umm.... yarrr??
    Long time fan of the PVK series; don't ever change it guys.

Creator of *ANTI-NINJA SQUAD*
    I owned Ored
    Favourite PVK classes: Sniper Pirate, Spear Viking, Bowman - can't wait to see their counter-parts in PVKII.
    I once killed a player who had god mode on and very recently, a player named something like "Ored" who had speed hacks on. How, you ask? I got angry...
    Thanks Suspect-Device
  • Zen MetheusZen Metheus Senior
    Yeah... a free for all map would be great. I love the territory version of Colosseum but if it were possible I would love a free for all version of the same map too... just a bit tricky with the spawn areas at the moment though.
  • HoofiHoofi Members, Senior
    Territory on pier.
  • Zen MetheusZen Metheus Senior
    Actually that's a really gnarly idea - the pier in pvk_fort is impossible to hold without good team work.
  • Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    Knights will constantly win then. Out of the 4 possible enemies they can face, only 1 will have a shield to block arrows, and in a narrow space like the pier its already hard to dodge. Then knights will come in and just shoot whoever walks out of the doorway.
  • HyuukaiHyuukai Senior
    Maybe it might make it abit better if there is a kill limit that a team have to get which could be set by the server or just x amount on a map. Then either a written prompt which says like every 10 kills or so pirates have x kills or it could just be a total when you press tab. Its sorta a objective "get to x amount of kills"
  • edited 6:57AM
    Could even be a BF2 style ticket system where every time you die, you lose a ticket.