Game Development Software

What software is used to develop games like PVKII and mods etc in the Half Life franchise? Did a quick search but wasn't easy to find the right answer. Curious as I think people could help more in the development of the game if it's more publicly known what software is used.

Thanks,

Frenzie

Comments

• El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    Source Engine.

It sucks, nobody likes it and it's hastily being abandoned with hopes from developers that Source 2 comes out.

...Which will take so long you'd expect Bondi out sooner than Source 2, for comparisons.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• ForgeForge Senior
    El Negro said:
    Source Engine.

It sucks, nobody likes it and it's hastily being abandoned with hopes from developers that Source 2 comes out.

...Which will take so long you'd expect Bondi out sooner than Source 2, for comparisons.
    Oh, that’s a shame. What’s the last anyone heard about Source 2? Has it been in the pipeline for a while now I take it?
  • smutpiratesmutpirate PVKII Team
    Forge said:
    What software is used to develop games like PVKII and mods etc in the Half Life franchise? Did a quick search but wasn't easy to find the right answer. Curious as I think people could help more in the development of the game if it's more publicly known what software is used.

Thanks,

Frenzie

• Hammer for mapping (Comes included with the game download and is configured for PVKII)
    • Blender (and others) for modeling and animation
    • Visual Studio (and others) for modifying the code

• ForgeForge Senior
    Forge said:

Thanks,

Frenzie

• Hammer for mapping (Comes included with the game download and is configured for PVKII)
    • Blender (and others) for modeling and animation
    • Visual Studio (and others) for modifying the code

Thank you!