dm_desertarena

lokkdokklokkdokk Senior
edited April 2017 in Community Maps
Just a update for pvk_desertarena.

Changelog:

1) updated skybox.
2) improve doorways.
3) fixed spawnblocking.
4) reduced ammo/armor/food value on map.
5) Color Correction by El Negro

Steam Workshop

And let me know who original mapper of this. i wanna put him to credits.

ZMFPzQn.jpg
8b5JZts.jpg
saVWixs.jpg
kPpN3TO.jpg

Comments

• Major ChulainMajor Chulain Senior
    edited 10:31PM
    Looks good

I know its not really a ''duel'' map but some things to climb on to escape your opponent would be nice.
    j7rk8n.jpg
  • MomoMomo Land Lubber! PVKII Team
    HDR seems a bit too strong, you might want to tone it down a bit.
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Senior
    Momo wrote:

HDR seems a bit too strong, you might want to tone it down a bit.

Yes, I told him that, make the max exposure to 4 or 3 instead of more than 10.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• BagasBagas Senior
    One of the most boring maps...
    FZkBmH.jpg
    Bagas wrote:

One of the most boring maps...

You should learn mapping and make a good map then.

Other than that, please post proper feedback instead of your own personal opinion.
    I make mods.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com

• Major ChulainMajor Chulain Senior
    El Negro wrote:

You should learn mapping and make a good map then.

Other than that, please post proper feedback instead of your own personal opinion.

Calling out someone else to learn how to make maps when you decompile someone elses work and post it on the forums :D:D
    j7rk8n.jpg
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    I'm uncomfortable with how you keep taking peoples maps, decompiling and changing them. I hope you got permission for it or else wouldn't be good as these old custom maps i feel don't need to be touched as we need new maps.

I just recommend to do not do this unless you get permission from the owner, if you do not then simply do not touch it please. Make your own maps and just stick with that, it's more rewarding and fun that way than to touch someones work without permission.
  • lokkdokklokkdokk Senior
    edited April 2017
    Combine™ wrote:

I'm uncomfortable with how you keep taking peoples maps, decompiling and changing them. I hope you got permission for it or else wouldn't be good as these old custom maps i feel don't need to be touched as we need new maps.

I just recommend to do not do this unless you get permission from the owner, if you do not then simply do not touch it please. Make your own maps and just stick with that, it's more rewarding and fun that way than to touch someones work without permission.

I just updated the map and nothing more.
    You are so stupid that it does not replace the fact that I never appropriated to myself someone else's work.
    I do not need someone else's opinion on this map, I did not update it to ensure that your dead community suits me. In particular nerds who can not do anything or sit around which year.

And perhaps, for such a stupid and ungrateful community, I do not want to do anything anymore, even playing with such nerds in one game. that's all.

Calling out someone else to learn how to make maps when you decompile someone elses work and post it on the forums :D :D

Is that even fully related?

I only friendly told Bagas to learn mapping.
    I make mods.

• ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    This thread has gone off the rails. Stay on topic of the map please. Rules: http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?showtopic=13836&st=0

@bagas Saying a map is boring is of course your opinion but comes across as a trolling, low effort comment in attempt to get a reaction. You should give some more detailed, constructive feedback. An example of inappropriate vs constructive feedback can be found here http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?showtopic=14705

@lokkdokk Please refrain from calling anyone stupid. That kind of negativity is not welcome here.

It's always best to have mappers permission. Get it if you can. If the mapper has left the face of the earth due credit is required. Map should generally look the same however to honour original mapper work. Decompiling is frowned upon in the community. It happens in valve games and they don't seemed worried about it. I look down on it personally. Do you hardest to get permission.

Decompiled maps are also known to have issues and potentially corrupt. Best protection is "decompile protection"

That's the end of that tangent. Back on topic of the map please.

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

Colonel wrote:

@lokkdokk Please refrain from calling anyone stupid. That kind of negativity is not welcome here.

It's always best to have mappers permission. Get it if you can. If the mapper has left the face of the earth due credit is required. Map should generally look the same however to honour original mapper work. Decompiling is frowned upon in the community. It happens in valve games and they don't seemed worried about it. I look down on it personally. Do you hardest to get permission.

Decompiled maps are also known to have issues and potentially corrupt. Best protection is "decompile protection"

That's the end of that tangent. Back on topic of the map please.

I do not know who is the author of the original version. Because in the first message and asked people if they know the author give me information about him.
    And I will gladly add information about it as soon as it appears to me.
  • BagasBagas Senior
    El Negro wrote:

Is that even fully related?

I only friendly told Bagas to learn mapping.

I tried mapping once... maybe more then once...
    Not trying it again... just like making youtube vidoes, its not for me : /
    FZkBmH.jpg
    updated to beta 6

1) add color correction.
    2) changed pickups positions.
    3) LDR + HDR cubemaps has been add, haha.
    4) Fixed 3d skybox displasement bug.
    5) Fixed plasements spike model.
    6) Swap the pickups.
    7) Fix for tower ladders.
    8) Changing lightmap scale on displasements.
    9) More space for tower ladders.