The "Got a quick Mapping question? Ask us!" Thread

ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' GoodPVKII Team
edited 2:48PM in Community Maps
As per finlord's idea. Here is a thread for smaller, quick mapping related questions.

Quick mapping question - i have this error, what do you think it could be? - Post in this thread.
Larger mapping question - i have this map in progress, what do you think? - Create your own thread.

The us in ask us is you, and you, and you :) Welcome to the pvkii mapping community, we're always around to help!

Ask away my scallywags

xq0LCrG.png
Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

Comments

  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited 2:48PM
    a.k.a. The Ask It Map It Thread
    This is a nice idea. Being pinned will also help on getting a response faster than having its own thread.

    76561198031989549.png

  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    edited 2:48PM
    If you are able to make this Forum fit for something like that, you ought to make it.

    Other than that, it would be a disorder-through-order chaos where there are questions and answers everywhere but each feel too individualized.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

  • SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of Things PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited January 2017
    Uh... I'm probably not the best to try to answer this, but are any of those a displacement? The selection doesn't look like a displacement, but if it is, that would likely be why. There are far smarter mappers than me here so somebody else could probably give you a better answer. But it would probably be easier to tell if you could just copy that brush or whatever to a separate VMF in a test room and upload it so that could be checked out.
    5GY1DFV.png


    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

    yP71cHI.gif

    Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz
    OS: Windows 10 Technical Preview

  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    edited 2:48PM
    If they have to remain map brushes (as opposed to making them a model) then perhaps try and build the same shape with less brushes. Such as the big area in the middle could be one rather than several sections. Then have smaller squares on the outside to get the shape you're after.
  • MomoMomo Land Lubber! PVKII Team
    edited February 2017
    Y0TTISIg.jpg
    Any idea how to fix this?
    0KgwdWJg.png
    That's how it looks in Hammer.
    Yi7cys.jpg
    I'm compiling with HDR and -final -both -StaticPropPolys -TextureShadows -staticproplighting in VRAD.
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    edited 2:48PM
    Do you people really have no solution at the problem Momo is having?
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    edited 2:48PM
    I'd try using an info_lighting somewhere more in the light, and getting the prop/model to reference it
  • MomoMomo Land Lubber! PVKII Team
    edited 2:48PM
    Gaz wrote:

    I'd try using an info_lighting somewhere more in the light, and getting the prop/model to reference it

    For some reason it didn't work the past 5 times I tried it, now it did. Thanks!
  • lokkdokklokkdokk Senior
    edited 2:48PM
    How can I teleport the chest to the place where it respawned?
  • FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team
    edited 2:48PM
    lokkdokk wrote:

    How can I teleport the chest to the place where it respawned?


    Right now the only way is to use teleport entities (trigger_teleport & info_teleport_destination). When 3.6 comes out you can use trigger_chestrespawn.
  • lokkdokklokkdokk Senior
    edited 2:48PM
    Felis wrote:
    Right now the only way is to use teleport entities (trigger_teleport & info_teleport_destination). When 3.6 comes out you can use trigger_chestrespawn.


    Thanks! Also, can you code more control for Booty mode for info_pvk entity? Be cool if mappers can control value of score to win.

    and please add more inputs and outputs to weapon_chest. like a teleport to spawn if it not captured in %second_value%
  • DobbiDobbi Beta Tester, Senior
    edited November 17

    Hello, so I have a problem and I can't an answer to it anywhere. So I am making a Booty map for PVKII, and I placed down 5 Chest; obviously for the game. When I go in-game to test out if the map is running smoothly, the chest has a tint of the missing texture skin. I can still see the chest, but it has a tint of the Missing Texture Skin. This also appears on the weapons of the characters on certain angles. I'm not sure what to do about it, and feedback would be amazing
    (I'm talking about the weapon_chest entity. It also seems to be the same issue with the health, and armor entity. It also is affecting a handful of props as well.)

    - Dobbi


    captain parrot archer
    Have a splendid day! ;)

    giphy.gif
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 2:48PM
    Dobbi wrote:

    Hello, so I have a problem and I can't an answer to it anywhere. So I am making a Booty map for PVKII, and I placed down 5 Chest; obviously for the game. When I go in-game to test out if the map is running smoothly, the chest has a tint of the missing texture skin. I can still see the chest, but it has a tint of the Missing Texture Skin. This also appears on the weapons of the characters on certain angles. I'm not sure what to do about it, and feedback would be amazing

    (I'm talking about the weapon_chest entity. It also seems to be the same issue with the health, and armor entity. It also is affecting a handful of props as well.)


    - Dobbi

    :captain: :parrot: :archer:



    By missing texture do you mean the pinkish looking one? you might need to add a cubemap into your level so

    Place an entity and type cubemap

    then go ingame, bring up console and type in buildcubemaps
  • DobbiDobbi Beta Tester, Senior
    edited 2:48PM
    Combine™ wrote:

    By missing texture do you mean the pinkish looking one? you might need to add a cubemap into your level so

    Place an entity and type cubemap

    then go ingame, bring up console and type in buildcubemaps


    Yes, and this is very helpful. Thank you!
    Have a splendid day! ;)

    giphy.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.