Framerate Issues regarding Man at Arms Special

SoloableSoloable Senior
edited April 2016 in Bugs/Support
I accidentally necro'd a thread from a year ago so I decided to make a new one instead.

Sorry. It seems steam overlay was the problem. If you have a problem with fps from MAA special try disabling Steam Overlay. Not sure why steam overlay would affect it.

New Nvidia Drivers are causing fps problems in games, backtracked to the older driver and everything is back to running smooth

Comments

• El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    edited 2:57AM
    This is truly abnormal. A GTX 660 should be able to run PVKII even with MAA's fart better than my 650.

Since you didn't even mention it, I'd suggest you try to simply disable the particles.

Go to the Options menu, Multiplayer, Advanced. Find "Enable Player Debuff Particles", that should be it.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• SoloableSoloable Senior
    El Negro wrote:

This is truly abnormal. A GTX 660 should be able to run PVKII even with MAA's fart better than my 650.

Since you didn't even mention it, I'd suggest you try to simply disable the particles.

Go to the Options menu, Multiplayer, Advanced. Find "Enable Player Debuff Particles", that should be it.

I'm gonna try that anyway, thanks for the suggestion. But it seems disabling the steam overlay was actually the problem. Somehow the fps is being altered by it.
    It makes no sense though. Even though Steam Overlay has some issues, generally it's only for older games and such.

PVKII should absolutely have no issues with the overlay.

If it's truly the overlay, dev team will have to investigate it.
    I make mods.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com

• SoloableSoloable Senior
    edited April 2016
    El Negro wrote:

It makes no sense though. Even though Steam Overlay has some issues, generally it's only for older games and such.

PVKII should absolutely have no issues with the overlay.

If it's truly the overlay, dev team will have to investigate it.

Apologies once again, the new nvidia drivers that were just released for Dark Souls 3 and the Oculus have actually have sever problems and even destroyed some people's graphics cards. I noticed after getting 30 fps in Rocket League instead of my usual 60. Although the steam overlay still did affect the fps slightly overall the driver was the main problem here. Once I backtracked to the older driver, everything was back to normal and steam overlay has no effect on my fps as well.
    Well, glad this got solved.
    I make mods.