warhaschangedboth_zpsjieqxijs.png

War Has Changed
    Dominate enemy archer
    The Master

war_has_changed_300_zpspn3nxyhu.png

Dropbox Link
  • El NegroEl Negro Overlord of PVKII Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 5:29PM
    Popemaster, I have given you a DMCA strike for using the rose I had used in my "Order of the Blood Rose" skinpack.

Please make more sexy achievement art or the DMCA shall be used.

I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    The amazing talent Popemaster and MS32 has is just outstanding, the references aswell are perfectly made and really fit in. Please do more!
  • MS32MS32 Server Owner Senior
    Keeper's Finders

fpDGSDt.jpg cfT3eop.jpg

Capture and hold at least one territory for an entire round on te_tortuga
    Title: The Settler

Click on the icon to download the images

Google%20Drive%20Icon.gif

N3EElI9.jpg

Inspired by the famous photograph of the Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima

Flag-Raising-on-Iwo-Jima-Wallpaper--678x381.jpg
    pvksig2_zpsqrchpjno.gif
  • BrandellBrandell Senior
    edited July 2016
    MS32 wrote:

Keeper's Finders

fpDGSDt.jpg cfT3eop.jpg

Capture and hold at least one territory for an entire round on te_tortuga
    Title: The Settler

N3EElI9.jpg

Inspired by the famous photograph of the Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima

Flag-Raising-on-Iwo-Jima-Wallpaper--678x381.jpg

I think you need to make some outlines
    Or turn these soldiers into Pirates/Vikings/Knights
    Because I only see some kind of monster or centipede here
    Sorry, but this is one of the achievement images I don't seem to like. That is "Keeper's Finders".

Silhouettes or not, instead of soldiers there should be Heavy Knights, but if that's not possible or somehow breaks the point of the image, then change up the silhouettes, make them look more stand-out, maybe by just adding outlines will do.

Thing is, even if you can make it better...Will it actually fit the name "Keeper's Finders"? Heh, actually, that's something I should blame the developers about.
    I make mods.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
  • edited July 2016
    War, War Never Changes

Dominate an enemy Sharpshooter as an Archer

Title: The Vault Dweller

Color Version

Grey Version

Please tell me if there is anything wrong with my image sizes, im not sure if I can fix it if it is a problem.

Also can someone tell me how to get your images on here for everyone to see?

War, War Never Changes

Dominate an enemy Sharpshooter as an Archer

Color Version

Grey Version

Please tell me if there is anything wrong with my image sizes, im not sure if I can fix it if it is a problem.

Also can someone tell me how to get your images on here for everyone to see?

I do not think it has anything to do with the game
    Seriosly, radiation sign? PVKII is kinda medieval game.
    Brandell wrote:

I think you need to make some outlines
    Or turn these soldiers into Pirates/Vikings/Knights
    Because I only see some kind of monster or centipede here

@Brandell This is useful feedback for the developers who have to accept the achievement art. Normally, I send my image to a dozen or so friends on Steam with the question "Do you recognise this?", and every time there has been a 100% success rate with regards to guessing it correctly. This way, I know, through unbiased eyes, that my achievements can easily be discerned and related to their description/title.

That said, when I sent people this one, most people said Iwo Jima, and some said "raising the flag after WWII" - what I gathered is that at the very least people had the image in their mind enough for me to accept it's recognisable enough.

Personally, this is such an iconic, unmistakable image, that I have a hard time believing anyone might confuse it with anything else. On the other hand, if people are failing to recognise it, "I only see some kind of monster or centipede here" then that reflects poorly on my ability to portray it artistically.

As it stands, I'll not be adding outlines, this would take away from the style I was going for, which is 1-bit silhouette, simplistic achievement. I would rather it not be accepted in - I'm to lazy to start from scratch with a different style. I'm not too lazy to replace the U.S soldiers with Pirates or Vikings or Knights, but I think that would definitely make it unrecognisable, but maybe I'm wrong about that - it could be debated (I'm willing to hear people out).

El Negro wrote:

Sorry, but this is one of the achievement images I don't seem to like. That is "Keeper's Finders".

Silhouettes or not, instead of soldiers there should be Heavy Knights, but if that's not possible or somehow breaks the point of the image, then change up the silhouettes, make them look more stand-out, maybe by just adding outlines will do.

Thing is, even if you can make it better...Will it actually fit the name "Keeper's Finders"? Heh, actually, that's something I should blame the developers about.

@El Negro I'm sorry you feel that way, and no need to apologise, honest critique is useful and rare enough.

"instead of soldiers there should be Heavy Knights" - I actually thought about adding PVKII characters in, but the conclusion I drew was that if recognising Iwo Jima would be tricky already, it would certainly be an even bigger challenge to recognise if the iconic M1 standard issue U.S combat helmets were missing from the silhouette. You recognise this yourself, seemingly, in the same sentence "but if that [...] somehow breaks the point of the image". Given the recent criticism (which I am thankful for) I'll evaluate my thoughts on using PVKII characters, I'm certainly willing to change my opinion and the design that way, if I can be convinced. Will think on it!

"make them look more stand-out, maybe by just adding outlines will do" - This would require an overhaul in style (I consciously went with simplistic, 1-bit silhouette, with a touch of ambiguity (the soldiers are not very distinct) to keep it smooth and simple, while being recognisable for anyone as the raising of the flag in Iwo Jima (in my eyes, hopefully that means everyone, I'd be sad to hear people don't know about this iconic moment/photograph). As such, whereas I am not too lazy to change the soldiers to be characters, I am too lazy to start from scratch with a new style (not quite lazy but that feeling of re-treading the same piece, knowing the first attempt was a waste, is akin to fatigue). I'd rather have the developers not accept it, if that's the stone in their shoe, I'd be glad on it.

"Thing is, even if you can make it better...Will it actually fit the name "Keeper's Finders"? Heh, actually, that's something I should blame the developers about." - I'm not sure I fully understand. Are you saying you don't see the connection between "
    Capture and hold at least one territory for an entire round" and an iconic image of soldiers of a faction, after much turmoil, putting down their flag, signifying their capture and domination of that region? If that's the case, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I think the achievement name, "Keeper's FInders", its description, "Capture and hold at least one territory for an entire round on te_tortuga", and its earned title, "The Settler", are all pretty coherent, thematically. You could dispute that the achievement art I submitted doesn't match it (though, again, in the absence of any reasoning, I'd have to agree to disagree for now), but the achievement itself, with its description, is not something that I feel should be criticised as much, personally.

Thanks @Brandell and @El Negro for the feedback. I'm always grateful to hear others' thoughts on anything I output. 'T was very kind of you [two] to spend time doing so.
    pvksig2_zpsqrchpjno.gif
    "Keeper's Finders" is a common and popular quotation made by nearly every person on the world, not even just English speakers but (I confirm it myself) Spanish speakers and such. Thing is, from what I can see, this is used mostly on objects you get, not exactly "things". A territory is actually a thing, and it's abstract, can somebody actually really call it a Keeper's Finders or Finders Keepers? "The Settler" would make sense since the description explicitly mentions "territory", Settlers always look for territories, but since this is in te_tortuga, damn, how the heck does that actually fit?

Actually, why am I even trying to "make sense" on an achievement? I apparently wasted my time putting semantics on an achievement.

As I said, this isn't your problem, this is a developer's fault, even though it can be easily said it's not. Can't express the word I want to, but I suppose we can all be merry and happy that's it's just an opinion nobody (should) cares about!
    I make mods.
  • FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team
    On a related note, the Iwo Jima has already been referenced in this achievement:

sDF0hy8.png
    El Negro wrote:

"Keeper's Finders" is a common and popular quotation made by nearly every person on the world, not even just English speakers but (I confirm it myself) Spanish speakers and such. Thing is, from what I can see, this is used mostly on objects you get, not exactly "things". A territory is actually a thing, and it's abstract, can somebody actually really call it a Keeper's Finders or Finders Keepers? "The Settler" would make sense since the description explicitly mentions "territory", Settlers always look for territories, but since this is in te_tortuga, damn, how the heck does that actually fit?

Actually, why am I even trying to "make sense" on an achievement? I apparently wasted my time putting semantics on an achievement.

As I said, this isn't your problem, this is a developer's fault, even though it can be easily said it's not. Can't express the word I want to, but I suppose we can all be merry and happy that's it's just an opinion nobody (should) cares about!

Actually, the correct expression is "Finders, keepers", an English adage with the premise that when something is unowned or abandoned, whoever finds it first can claim it. It can totally be applied to an unowned territory, and is very appropriate in a game where the player who "finds" (walks into the trigger block) gets to keep it. The achievement itself is a play on words, a twist on the actual adage, saying "Keeper's finders".

Side note: being Spanish myself, I've never heard an equivalent to "Finders, keepers" as an expression/figure of speech/adage in Spanish.

Felis wrote:

On a related note, the Iwo Jima has already been referenced in this achievement:

sDF0hy8.png

Awesome, thanks for this find. Retrospectively, 't was kinda dumb of me not to have checked first. Like I have mentioned before, I'm happy to make these just for fun, it's completely up to the discretion of the developers what they take. Glad you found this, nips the discussion in the bud, as far as I can tell.
    pvksig2_zpsqrchpjno.gif
  • edited July 2016
    Well Photobucket is like slow as crap on my computer so I guess thats out of the question for making my art visible. -_-

Brandell wrote:

Dude in case you hadn't noticed the achievement itself is referencing fallout. I understand what you mean by it not having anything to do with the game but the title you get when unlocking this achievement and the name of the title are very hard to ignore if you have knowledge of the fallout franchise. In the end it is up to Octoshark studios whether or not it is fit to be in PVK2.

The achievement is a fallout reference... deal with it. :/
  • edited 5:29PM
    Brandell wrote:

Dude in case you hadn't noticed the achievement itself is referencing fallout. I understand what you mean by it not having anything to do with the game but the title you get when unlocking this achievement and the name of the title are very hard to ignore if you have knowledge of the fallout franchise. In the end it is up to Octoshark studios whether or not it is fit to be in PVK2.
    Brandell wrote:

Well, didn't have anything better to do today, so I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring...

Pinned Down - Block 10,000 ranged damage with the shield

SqbsupZ.pngfNTxhJX.png

http://imgur.com/a/LFw3a
  • PopemasterPopemaster Captain of the Seven Seas PVKII Team
    edited July 2016

Well Photobucket is like slow as crap on my computer so I guess thats out of the question for making my art visible. -_-

The website itself? I would think that would have to do you with your internet connection.

I think what he is trying to say is find a happy medium between the 2: reference and game. When I think about achievements I think "How can I visually use this reference in a clever way while still staying to true the game's style?" Also think about how to add levels of interest. Ask yourself what about your art is intriguing? For example you made the vault door. To me it's straight-on and flat. To add levels of interest maybe add some depth, maybe have the door opening with light coming out, maybe have greater contrast, maybe add a texture, maybe have more detail, etc. You see where I'm going with this? Just something to think about.

Also anything we say in critique of your art is not attacking you personally. It's the nature of the beast. We all need critique so we know how to improve.

Well, didn't have anything better to do today, so I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring...

Pinned Down - Block 10,000 ranged damage with the shield

SqbsupZ.pngfNTxhJX.png

http://imgur.com/a/LFw3a

Looks great! My only feedback would be that eventhough I personally prefer the aesthetic you went with, there usually aren't gradients in the PVKII achievements, especially the background (which is usually #756C5B in hex). Beside that little style criticism, it looks great!
    pvksig2_zpsqrchpjno.gif
  • edited July 2016
    Feeding Fishies

Win a round in Tortuga by getting the last kill with the shark or piranhas

Title: The Master Baiter

Color:

Grey:

Let me know if there is anything wrong with the dropbox links. Thanks.
    edited July 2016
    @Jurrasic Interactive The first link to coloured version is broken

And I don't really like this picture. I can see here some spikes and pacmans. Or somеthing other.
    Also, is it made in Paint? Because I don't like the quality of this picture

I do not mean to be rude, but I think it's not your talent to make pictures...
    I could say the same with Pache94 and his artwork and look at it. It's in the game. Sure its not the best but do you think he cares? No. Besides I have only been using Inkscape for a couple of months. And also I would like to see you try and submit some achievement art. (I also personally like some of Pache's work because of the overall effort that I see) Also I do not appreciate that your trying to detour me from working on 2D vector art, and would prefer that you just not comment on my work anymore. I am also sorry if this looks like I am defending myself from someone who might be "attacking" me. I just dont handle criticism very well if it's not constructed in a way I can relate to and get proper feedback. All I got from Brandell's criticism is that my colored image is bugged and his perspective of what he sees. You guys can call me a pussy all you want if you think that it's stupid that I cant handle criticism then you can just take that and throw it out the window, cause Im not gonna listen to it. Plus the only person I will ever feel comfortable talking to about my personal problems is probably Popemaster, and I doubt he's going to care. We are done here. I will now get back to work on Puppet Master: The Game and then I will head off to bed.
    War, War Never Changes

d07Bh2t.jpg U9Tveic.jpg

Dominate an enemy Sharpshooter

AQ3vjDw.jpg

Inspired by the vaults in Fallout

74eD538.jpg
    pvksig2_zpsqrchpjno.gif
  • edited July 2016
    Feeding Fishies - Win a round in Tortuga by getting the last kill with the shark or piranhas

QtEvuyM.pngpYuafcE.png

Alternate bloody version:
    ouqb6xH.png37bumBz.png

http://imgur.com/a/IGv9A

Edit: Looking at it again, I'm not completely satisfied with it, so I threw together an alternate image:

5RwPF6B.pngN6qmxIG.png

http://imgur.com/a/DcVib
    captains_both_zpsg3rbqowf.png

Captain's Quarters!
    Win a game on te_tortuga in under 6 minutes
    Title: The Evil Taxi

Captains_quarters_300_zpskqibpfin.png

Dropbox Link
    Popemaster wrote:

Captains_quarters_300_zpskqibpfin.png

I like the Scarface reference!
    23158601.jpg
    pvksig2_zpsqrchpjno.gif
    edited July 2016
    yeeha_both2_zpswtdq8x6h.png

YeeHaa!
    Win 10 rounds in tw_desertruin
    Title: The Sandman

yeehaa_300_zpsoxsqyncl.png

Dropbox Link
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    Awesome looking! Some feedback though. It would be a nice touch if you had a pvkii character under the hat and a background of the new desertruin features.

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

Colonel wrote:

Awesome looking! Some feedback though. It would be a nice touch if you had a pvkii character under the hat and a background of the new desertruin features.

Thanks! Yes I agree. For some reason (I can't read xD) the whole time I was making this I thought it was for sandstorm, so that explains the background. I will update it for sure.