It's Just A Flesh Wound.

JuicyfruitJuicyfruit PVKII Team, Beta Tester
edited February 2017 in Dev Journal
Hello, brave, sir knight!

This week and hopefully for the foreseeable future I shall be bringing you a glimpse at the new way to get ahead (LOL get it? a head... HA! yeah, okay...) in PVKII.

ahPvMiW.png
"tis but a scratch"

I'm roughly about half way through dismembering all the characters. So we hopefully won't have to wait too long for a 'bloody' (I know, I'm on fire today) good time in PVKII. At the minute I'm just worried about functionality, we can add some juicy(fruit) looking details to it after so don't worry too much about the armour and blood spatter or whatnot.

sTN2ipr.png
"what are you gonna do? bleed on me?"

So anywho, here is where I will be posting my gib-berish (ok, last one I swear) related to all things decapitationey... So stay tuned!

Comments

• TrarTrar Senior
    edited 6:55AM
    Does this only happen on death, or will losing a limb affect gameplay? I'm glad PVKII is keeping with the decapitation times set by every other first person melee game, at least.
    THIS MESSAGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY ODIN'S PIZZA PLACE

http://steamcommunity.com/id/trar/
  • JuicyfruitJuicyfruit PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Yeah, it will probably be on death. Although it would be pretty hilarious to have one legged knights hopping around after each other.
  • ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    edited April 2015
    Cant wait :).
  • Krizzy MothKrizzy Moth Senior
    edited April 2015
    Juicyfruit wrote:

Yeah, it will probably be on death. Although it would be pretty hilarious to have one legged knights hopping around after each other.

Or a raging headless berserker.
    k2w8_Xxjo13_Q.jpg
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    Can't w8, it'll be gr8.
  • Links121995Links121995 Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Should the cut-away parts of the Heavy Knight's armor be as red as the cut-away parts of his arm?
    8gQi4T5.png
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    At last, Pirates, Vikings and Knights II will soon become 45% more Pythonesque than ever before.
    Keep up the good work, mate.

76561198031989549.png

• Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain Main Senior
    edited April 2015
    Now all that's required is an actual bleeding mechanic. So that people who are low on HP are actually bleeding profusely. Maybe visual.
    76561198022443233.png
    Gallery of Rage
    OnqKl5B.jpg
    8ICrnFR.png :wub:
    rYEKvgb.jpg
    He1WpjQ.png <- lts_skypirates fun
    d1vRvor.png
    TudA52z.png
    8ABWxKM.jpg
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    Yes, comical high pressure ketchup, please.
  • edited May 2015
    This is pretty neat stuff to look at, good luck with it!

Perhaps maybe have toggle-able CVAR's that allow for crazy sights or absurd gibs?

Examples would be like

1) Just your entire body exploding into gore and giblets upon any kind of death?

2) Actively losing limbs from damage taken? So you could indeed be missing limbs while your character would improbably or impossibly still be alive. Then you could indeed be a headless, one armed and legged berzerker if you manage to stay alive long enough. (The hitboxes would remain for gameplay purposes) This setting would be entirely optional or perhaps set to be turned on every once in awhile when a server admin feels like being silly.

I like my PVK being comical :icon_agapirate:

Just imagine how satisfying it would be to shoot off the head of someone with a ranged weapon headshot
    sLeDRRQ.gif
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    Imagine how satisfying it would be blowing a zerking Berserker's head into shrapnel with the Sharpshooter's rifle and have him make just a few more paces in your direction before slumping to the ground.
    It would be grand!
  • Echo of the pastEcho of the past Members, Senior

Imagine how satisfying it would be blowing a zerking Berserker's head into shrapnel with the Sharpshooter's rifle and have him make just a few more paces in your direction before slumping to the ground.
    It would be grand!
  • JuicyfruitJuicyfruit PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!!! Among our chief weapons are surprise and... wait, let me come in again.

Hello everyone.
    Today, as you probably expected, is the turn of our beloved Sharpshooter to be hung drawn and quartered.

ogzCXu9.png?1
    "BIGGLES! Fetch the cushions..."

I was rather hoping to make this a weekly thing, but I was on the rack last week for heresy.
    Same time next week then?

Adios. :icon_pirate2:
    Too bad that the gibbed head models don't have facial expressions, because I'd love to see their reactions after being decapitated or something like that. Phonemes still work after death, don't they?

76561198031989549.png

• NiveNive Beta Tester
    Ohhhhh~
    Just imagine gibbed heads flying around with that trademarked PVKII smile.

tumblr_l7f7d7MVyW1qcice1.jpg
    edited May 2015
    Oh man, that picture, it's been so long since the last time I saw it, I even had it in my desktop. It would be hilarious if someone updated it with Sharpshooter and MaA, with Sharpshooter doing nothing but staring at the horizon.
    And holy crap the way his neck looks almost unexistent in the picture makes Gestir even more scarier.

76561198031989549.png