Corvalho's Dev Journal

Comments

• ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    edited 7:39PM
    High five!

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    edited October 2015
    Progress is going too quickly I cant keep up with this awesomeness :(
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Senior
    Corvalho wrote:
    It only appears on the first person arms, so I guess it's your call if I should keep it there or remove it for consistency's sake I guess. Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

I would say remove it for consistency's sake, but knowing my opinion never goddamn matters, I just don't know.

Those veins sure are very visible though.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

We could always add it in the vtf just as a texture.

xq0LCrG.png

Colonel wrote:

We could always add it in the vtf just as a texture.

I don't understand what that means.
    I make mods.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com

• GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    He means we'll add the detail to the texture of the model rather than have it an additional 3d part of the model for optimisations sake :)
  • CorvalhoCorvalho PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited November 2015
    Been playing around bucaneer's anatomy lately. I sculpted these two versions, with an endomorph strong build and with a bit of a gut going on.
    Which one you guys think would look better on 'im? Should we keep the dreadlocks or go with the bald version? Give him an apron or just an open vest to show off his sick tatoos?

Don't mind the clothes or the hair for now btw, Those are likely placeholders or far from done,

buccaneer-wip.jpg

*hobbyist

Seio-Kona

Another one I had a lot of fun making. I sketched up a new concept for the Viking Healer inspired in the previous one by Aurelia, I'd also apreciate if you guys helped me develop her looks, it's open for suggestions:

(Yeah I should probably stop drawing ravens on everything, but hey, don't tell me it wouldn't be a nice mechanic to get her out of trouble, being a healer...)

kona.jpg

I know she's not priority right now, specialy having Bondi out soon, But a man can have some fun can't he? :icon_viking2:
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    Good god, where have you been all my life, Corvalho?

Okay, I actually like the buccaneer's fat version better, though I'd like it best if he were slightly less fat. The chub makes him look barrel chested to the max, and I like that.
    I've never been a fan of the dreads myself, it makes him look too Jamaican. I've always imagined the buccaneer to be Haitian or something similar to that.
    I'd personally prefer an open vest, he already has that small waist smock and rag for kitchen duty. Plus, tribal tattoos are cooler.

Aside from Seio-Kona's concept being both solid and amazing, I really don't have any concerns or critiques or suggestions.
    She already has a raven though, right? Doesn't her concept talk about an ability where she can control a raven and see through its eyes for reconnaissance?
    I'm pretty sure I'm remembering that correctly.

I'm glad you're really passionate about this, Corvalho, keep up the magnificent work!
    "Sit-ups Hobbist" and "Brewery Raider", eh?

Wait 'til you get "El Negro's Big'un Manly 'syque"
    I make mods.

• AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited November 2015
    Oh wow, Seio-Kona looks nothing like the old concept art. I really dig the crow on her shoulder, I just hope it makes something other than being a parrot skin. It's already a mess having more than two parrots under the same area pecking other players, let alone parrots and ravens combined.

76561198031989549.png

• NiveNive Beta Tester
    Her raven could be completely supportive rather than psuedo-offensive like the parrot.
    She could send it out to give a fellow viking a herb pack, if she maintains that mechanic and doesn't go for that more recent suggestion
    of her "bonding" herself with a teammate TF2-Medic-style with the catch being the teammate only receives healing if they deal damage to foes.
  • Xxcrazy-monkeyxXXxcrazy-monkeyxX Beta Tester, Senior
    Ohhhh attack raven for viking healer. Sounds like we could have a bird fight...
    giphy.gif
  • edited 7:39PM
    Corvalho, never stop being awesome, please.

Originally when looking at the concept art, I prefered the dreadlocks on the Buccaneer, but now that I take a look at the model, I think making him bald might fit him better. As for the body, I'm not too sure, but I think the Brewery Raider seems to have a bit more character to it. But on the other hand, I think the belly looks terrible when combined with the dreads, so if he does get the dreadlocks, I think it should be the 'Sit-Ups Hobbyist'. As for the clothes, I can't say for sure what would look better, but I think I might go more for the open vest. Either way, he looks awesome, let's hope we can see him in the game relatively soon. :icon_agapirate:

And about that Seio-Kona concept I can only say HOLY JESUS THAT LOOKS COOL! :D
  • KaffiKaffi Senior
    Great work as always, Corvalho!
    Stay strong!
  • edited November 2015
    I vote for the bald, open-vest brewery raider w/ awesome tribal tattoos. Although I'm not sure about the facial hair; I'd imagine the Buccaneer being younger than the Captain, and if the Buccaneer does get tattoos on his body and possibly his face, I wouldn't imagine him being too hairy (I know detailing is not important right now, but still, something to consider), and I feel the beard would interfere with the scar and marks he currently has, but that's just me and my nitpicking :P

As for the Seio-Kona, I like the concept, making her look more "battle experienced", though a small part of me thinks she looks a tad bit "elvish" rather than "nordic", but again that's just me.

Love your work. Seriously.
    “Suppose, in their altruistic passion for justice and order, they had determined to reform the world, but had not realized that they were destroying the soul of man?”
    - Arthur Clarke, Childhood's End
  • schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    I like the bald version more. The fat variant looks weird though, as he has a large belly but still very defined muscles.

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
    Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

• MrMohoMrMoho Senior
    I like the bald Brewery Raider combo probably the best. Wants me to have an attack inside the game that involves Belly Tackling and Grog Drinking, as well as Booty Bashing. Quote me on those attacks if you put em' in, won't you?
  • I also like bald with belly. Would have to see the apron to actually know if it looks right. I always liked the ship's cook concept art, but there are so many good directions to go with this particular class (freed slave, ship's cook, voodoo zombie).
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    Bald with Belly and less ripped arms, more strong man chubby! :D
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    I like bald chubby buccaneer the most. It reminds me of this character from Sega Soccer Slam.
    ss2.jpg

76561198031989549.png

• HarHar Senior
    edited November 2015
    It's spelled Seidkona/Seiðkona not Seio-kona...
    :icon_viking2:

edit: love the new Seidkona concept art
  • edited November 2015

So THAT'S why i could never find a definition for Seio-Kona! Thank you kindly, good sir. :icon_viking2:
    Now this is gonna bother me every time i see it misspelled...
    edited November 2015

edit: love the new Seidkona concept art

Thanks, I had no idea it was spelled like that, it'd make it a lot easier to find references had I knew it before. Shame on you wiki folks.
    I fetched some ideas from norse equivalent of witches I knew, the völvas and seidhr. Doing an image research right now I don't see much difference visually, the raven was conveniently spot on though.
  • edited 7:39PM
    Hey Corvalho, I'm not sure if you've seen this already, but I found this other Seid-Kona concept by Aurelia hidden in the wiki if you're interested:
    Seiokonaconceptzv2.jpg
    “Suppose, in their altruistic passion for justice and order, they had determined to reform the world, but had not realized that they were destroying the soul of man?”
  • JoshikumakoJoshikumako Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited March 2016
    sorry to necro, but i honestly cant wait to see what you do with her, the raven could be something that activates auto or manual when she gets to low health, it slows whatever its attacking to just below her max speed letting her run off, As for the herbs maybe when they are on the floor depending on what button you press determines the area of effect of them, mouse 1 can lay down a small circle on the floor and mouse 2 can lay down a bigger one but takes longer to cast/respawn, also it might be cool if she can hold e down on a single target to heal them ONLY, or you could throw the herbs at them (some skill required there depending on the projectile speed/arc)

As for the runes they could either be direct spells/projectiles, magic if you want to call it that, if the herbs would be a AOE on the floor, might be better to make them different, the spells could have cool downs on them or are earned through healing your team (this would require her to have multiple bars for her or just a indication in her weapon selection)

Her special could be some sort of buff to nearby team mates but slows her or something do with ravens, like a massive AOE where loads of ravens attack people slowing them, they could have base parrot hp or just a little higher to make up for her being a squishy class.

Health points: 80-95
    Armor: 60-75
    Speed: 215-225

This puts her health/armor just below a sharpshooter, but she is faster.

Just some thought on her, as for the drawing it is stunning, i like this version more then any i have seen, i just hope she looks like this when she is made, perfection, nothing needs changing here, the eyes must stay the same, they have a nice colour going on.

If you need feedback, ill be more than happy to write some.

kona.jpg
    Mi1zkf9.gif
  • frostwyrm333frostwyrm333 Senior
    How about giving her a giant shield so she would look like a shieldmaiden.

How about giving her a giant shield so she would look like a shieldmaiden.

That would really destroy her reputation as a "Seio-Kona".
    I make mods.

Hello again! Remember me?

Got some more stuff for you guys to criticise, I've been requested to give the assassin knight a new concept art, so I did, and I had a lot of fun doing it.

Anyway here it goes:

assassin.jpg

I also kept some snapshots of the coloring proccess in case anyone is interested: http://files.gamebanana.com/bitpit/process.jpg
  • edited June 2016
    I'm at a lack of words to describe how beautiful this is.
    I really like:
    -How you combined Hengishammer's concept and James Davis' Model, including the corset and the square cut tunic for her skirt.
    -The shape of the hoodie giving a shadowy effect (it's also much distinctive than the Archer's cowl).
    -The detail on the boots, especially the kneepads and the square cut pattern again!

I was going to critique on the colors possibly being a bit vibrant for a stealth class, but then again it might be more realistic, since an "assassin" in the medieval times could look like anyone/anything, really. And I know the weapons are currently conceptual, but may I suggest switching the sizes of the weapons (slighty bigger stiletto for better parrying and slighty smaller crossbow pistol because, for me, it looks a bit more powerful than a pistol-type weapon used for picking off enemies should).
    Magnificent job overall!
    Ye was wondering about the pistol if it should be on her arm for ease of use? Wouldn't be exactly like how it was - abit more dishonoured esq

xq0LCrG.png