Corvalho's Dev Journal

Comments

• spockjedispockjedi Texture Artist PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited 1:52PM
    Congratulations, excellent work! You're making the Brazilian PVKII community proud.
  • Bingo BangoBingo Bango one-eyed willy PVKII Team
    Loving it, Corvalho. Have to agree I prefer the lightest (6th) colour scheme from your previous page. Blown away by your progress, though! Keep it up!
  • MrMohoMrMoho Senior
    Damn, now, between the sissy Archer and the sexual Sharpshooter, we have the burning hot Bondi! Keep up the good work, I'm loving it!
  • SphynxSphynx Senior
    edited June 2015
    He could atleast have applied some Visine before that photoshoot. kyXYqAMl.png
    mEtxJiK.png
  • ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    I have to say I really like the dark colours personally
  • ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    edited June 2015
    Personally I REALLY like the dark colours, I think if the Bondi is a hunter he needs the dark clothing (Sorry, I posted 2 of he same thing :P)
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Somethign about Bondi's overal appearance makes me giggle. He feels so natural and sane in comparison to the other three vikings, which makes me wonder if sometime in the future team-oriented taunts will be added. Like how I see Lord saying "I'm surrounded by idiots" with Jeremy Irons' voice, I imagine something similar to Bondi regarding his insane teammates.

76561198031989549.png

• MiggogMiggog PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited June 2015
    I like the tone of the beard! He suddenly started to look very much like Rollo from the Viking series. Also it makes sense to me that his cloak is dark like that too. However his shirt and pants should be brither imo so that he would fit better with the colours of the rest of the vikings. The dark colour makes his shirt and pants look very new aswell. Perhaps you could try to make them bleached and worn.
    lego_sig250_v3_zps09b6104b.jpg
  • DisturvingDisturving Senior
    Hello Corvalho. I've noticed a difference between your 3D model and the concept art - you've put his quiver on his back and made it cylindrical. I personally disagree with this, and ask you for the reason why.
    As for my opinion on how the rest of it looks, yes, it looks good. You are clearly skilled.
    The reason why my writing here is so formal is that people inevitably get annoyed at my writing, so sticking to the rules of formal writing is my attempt to avoid people taking me the wrong way and getting annoyed.
    Complaining and expressing disagreement and arguing are very good things to do.
    If something written by me here does not look formal, it may be because I tried to make it look better than it could were it formal, or it might be that it seems all right to me without it being formal.
  • Jolly RogerJolly Roger Senior
    AGSMA wrote:

Somethign about Bondi's overal appearance makes me giggle. He feels so natural and sane in comparison to the other three vikings, which makes me wonder if sometime in the future team-oriented taunts will be added. Like how I see Lord saying "I'm surrounded by idiots" with Jeremy Irons' voice, I imagine something similar to Bondi regarding his insane teammates.

probably because he doesn't look as goofy as the other vikings
  • Trojan•CliniqueTrojan•Clinique Be precise. A lack of precision is dangerous. Senior
    Reminds me of Robin Hood.... from the Mel Brooks movie haha.

Impressive work!
  • CorvalhoCorvalho PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Hey folks,

I got some stuff I'd like to share with ya, it's not really progress on what I'm currently working on, (not even sure if I should be doing this in the first place) but well.. One of these days I was sitting here in plain boredom, and decided to sculpt that one concept of a wench-like pirate healer I drew some time ago. Anyway, here is the result, take a look and tell me whether it's PVK worthy material or nah.

Here it goes:

concept-wench1.jpg

concept-wench2.jpg

There's still a lot of polishing to be made, specially in her face, which I only noticed after applying this material, but I guess you guys can get the idea :)
  • ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    This is absolutely incredible, I especially like the torn dress, but I can see you have put a lot of thought into the model, the medallion around here neck is a nice touch (A nod to Pirates of the Caribbean?) I personally feel her hair should be more scruffy to fit with the pirate theme. As for the weapon choice, i'm torn, on the one hand I think the ones on the wiki fit with the character, but I do like the idea of having a small pistol, kinda like a derringer, too, kind of a ladies weapon. :P. Really good work Corvalho, keep it up.
  • schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited June 2015
    For me it looks a bit like a womans torso on a mans lower body. Also, the breasts look like they have implants in them (and also they seem to sit a bit to far up on the chest). I'm not the guy who usually complains about stuff like that, but I wonder if you could tone that down a little.

Oh, and what I also meant to say: Great work, it really looks awesome.

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
    Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

edited June 2015

For me it looks a bit like a womans torso on a mans lower body. Also, the breasts look like they have implants in them (and also they seem to sit a bit to far up on the chest). I'm not the guy who usually complains about stuff like that, but I wonder if you could tone that down a little

The pants give this impression I suppose, and then again, I wonder what kind of comments I'd have if she had not those pants there :P
    About the breasts, that was the intention, they are well defined up there because of the bodice, pushing them up, Something similar to what this lady demostrates here.
    Do you think it's too much of a problem?
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited June 2015
    hhmmm I can feel the bitchslap coming from her delicate hands. Great work, Corvo!

76561198031989549.png

• schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    I'm saying it looks a bit unreal, I may have underestimated the impact of a bodice, still it's just a bit too much for my taste.

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
    Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

• NiveNive Beta Tester
    I think she looks cool as balls. The lack of balls? There's a joke there I'm sure.
    Her pants make her seem more pirate-y, so I love them. She shouldn't look TOO lady-like, living on a boat as a battle-hardened sea-thief surrounded by men, and I think the pants help break it up.
    I never liked the "belaying pin" she had in her concept, a sabre is more becoming of a pirate that would have to know how to defend themselves, woman or not.
    I agree with Jon on the tiny pistol. It makes sense to have a concealable firearm for self-defense against "potential suitors", but having throwing daggers made her different.
    Even if a little more badass as well, throwing daggers are cool and I'm not sure how much different that tiny pistol could be from the Skirmisher's pistols.

Now about the barrel and grog, I think it might be best to disconnect her model from the barrel's because I'm not sure her role as a mobile bar-maiden is set in stone.
    Regardless, I think the barrel would make more sense if it were mounted sideways at the back of her waist, with the tap at the bottom of one of the circular sides.
    I don't know how she could possibly fill a grog with how it's positioned right now unless she took it off first.

I've always thought it'd be cooler if her healing was done by blowing kiss projectiles that could double as offensive confounding charms to her enemies.
    I mean, she's a wench, so it makes sense that her healing would be done through flirting with her ship mates. But that's just me.
  • ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    Maybe, put the barrel down as a pickup, gives full hp, or put down 2 grog tankards filling half each. Could possibly give a drunk affect to make it different from other hp pickups, like the stun affect or something.
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    I'm not the guy who usually complains about stuff like that

I guess that's me :D

Damn son, that's some amazing work.

My comments:
    Take her down a cup size or two
    Thin her thighs by about a 6th?
    I'd also thin her boots a little

Love it!
  • schmidtekplschmidtekpl Senior
    Sad, I thought pirate medic will be female witch doctor, but this is still very good work.
  • Assigir The NordAssigir The Nord PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    :icon_grog: Dang! gj there!
    <3 kegs! :3
  • &#585;&#9678;&#8469;&#585;&#9678;&#8469; Beta Tester
    Just a quick question, has the bondi special been decided yet?
  • Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain Main Senior
    Hopefully the lack of news is actually good news, meaning there's a lot of progress being done. :icon_pirate2:
    76561198022443233.png
    Gallery of Rage
    OnqKl5B.jpg
    8ICrnFR.png :wub:
    rYEKvgb.jpg
    He1WpjQ.png <- lts_skypirates fun
    d1vRvor.png
    TudA52z.png
    8ABWxKM.jpg
    edited September 2015
    *Sees model is complete and ready for animation* Yuy.
    Bondi's Bow
    Hey guys, here goes a pic of the bow and arrows for the Bondi that I've been working on, Let me know what you guys think,

bow.jpg

Marmoset Viewer:

viewer.jpg
  • MrMohoMrMoho Senior
    Nice! Puts the longbow of that stoopid Archer to shame, great work.
    And the award for the sexiest weapon in PVKII goes to....
  • Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain Main Senior
    3.3 WHEN
    76561198022443233.png
    Gallery of Rage
    OnqKl5B.jpg
    8ICrnFR.png :wub:
    rYEKvgb.jpg
    He1WpjQ.png <- lts_skypirates fun
    d1vRvor.png
    TudA52z.png
    8ABWxKM.jpg
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    Zoom in on this badboy!

Bondi won't be in 3.3. 3.3 is really dependant on valve helping us to fix Mac and Linux. But we'll release it at a determined date if no fix is available.

Corvalho is working brilliantly on these weapons. We hope to show you some third person animation progress once these beautiful weapons are complete.

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer