Corvalho's Dev Journal

Comments

• SphynxSphynx Senior
    edited 7:08PM
    dat trapezius muscle.

Did the polycount somehow affect this area? I think a strong trapezius should look a bit different, but who knows with all those steroids PVKII classes take today. :P

r9Hv9DC.png
    mEtxJiK.png
  • CorvalhoCorvalho PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited April 2015

dat trapezius muscle.

i'm in love - fantastic progress corvalho

Sphynx wrote:

Did the polycount somehow affect this area? I think a strong trapezius should look a bit different, but who knows with all those steroids PVKII classes take today. :P

r9Hv9DC.png

Heh, true, I noticed just now, It might have happened cuz the necklace was on the way while remeshing, I'll make sure to get this fixed xD
  • ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    HO HO HO BABY
    Setting the colors and materials.

How does it look in comparison with his fellows vikings? Should I change the color palette anywhere?

ss_2015-04-12_at_055307_.jpg
  • SphynxSphynx Senior
    edited April 2015
    Will he get a [I don't know how to call this] 'cloth material' like the gestir? He looks a tad more cartoonish than the other characters at the moment.
    mEtxJiK.png
    edited April 2015
    Sphynx wrote:

Will he get a [I don't know how to call this] 'cloth material' like the gestir? He looks a tad more cartoonish than the other characters at the moment.

Oh yes, he will, most of that are just plain colors. I'm just making sure everyone is alright with the color palete before moving on to the details :)
  • ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    I think it looks perfect. Maybe experiment making the cloak a bit darker, but it looks great regardless.
  • Links121995Links121995 Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Apples. wrote:
    I think it looks perfect. Maybe experiment making the cloak a bit darker, but it looks great regardless.

I concur. Darken the cape to match the other dark pieces of attire. Then he'll have a... Uniform colour scheme? An evenly distributed palette? One of those...

Mind if I inquire about the nature of his boots? They seem unlike the shoes of the other Vikings.
    8gQi4T5.png
  • Pache94Pache94 Donald Thumb Beta Tester
    I really like the color pallets for bondi, but what if he had more brighter colors to make him pop out more from the other vikings?
    JN70Evk.jpg
    kind of like the gestir pallet, but reversing the colors with yellow green on top and dark green on bottom
    king_k__rool_by_biel12-d3f0vny.gif
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    edited April 2015
    I agree with Pache, though his example might be a little *too* bright and pastel for the vikings. I think a similar but distinct palette would really help distinguish him from a distance, and seeing as how he's the Vikings' archer, that's pretty necessary.
    Alright gents, here are some more color palette experiments, do you guys like any of them? Feel free to suggest new ones if you want.

colours.jpg
  • ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    I like the 2nd one and the last one. But I think i'm leaning more towards the second one. Nice job!
    I suggest the shirt and hat of 4 combined with the trousers and cape/cloak/shawl of 2.
    8gQi4T5.png
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    edited April 2015
    I think it's best when his cloak matches his pants.
    I too think the second one is the best one, and Links's idea might be pretty good as well.
    I also really like the white trim on three. It helps his necklace stand out.
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited April 2015
    I prefer the second one. The fourth one looks very similar to Gestir's clothes and the sixth one doesn't look good enough, although I like the more vivid green shirt. The rest is a bit too blue, which I think it doesn't fit well under Bondi's look.

76561198031989549.png

• CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    My favorite is the shirt and hat of #6 with the pants, cloak, and white trim lining of #3

badass.jpg

• SphynxSphynx Senior
    I hate to go shopping with the Bondi! He is never able to decide what he wants to wear. Here is my credit card, just let him have all the outfits. image' />
    mEtxJiK.png
  • TrarTrar Senior
    Honestly, since the Bondi is supposed to be relatively distinctive, I'd say use model 1's colors.
    THIS MESSAGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY ODIN'S PIZZA PLACE

http://steamcommunity.com/id/trar/
  • shabbashabba Senior
    I like number 1 and 4, because i think they mach best the already established "viking-green."
  • Xxcrazy-monkeyxXXxcrazy-monkeyxX Beta Tester, Senior
    The dark colors seem best for the bondi for me.
    If the bondi was like bright colored it woud not only give a problem for escape from the enemy but also a fail gank to an enemy(becuase of the bright colors)
    If the viking team was trying to steal a chest without being seen then it woud be hard for the bondi to not get detected by the enemy.
    If the bondi was trying to escape from an enemy(archer) then it woud be hard if he was targeted first of all the vikings on the battlefield.
    giphy.gif
    Things that move around (such as enemies and enemies with chests) tend to stick out against the non-moving background. None of the shirts are dark enough to cause confusion, but a few of those cloaks might break up his outline directly from behind in poor light. Then again, in other conditions, the dark cloak would make him stick out against the relatively well-lit areas.

Speaking from experience (I use my Black Knight skins all the time) I can honestly say that enemies sneaking away with chests are recognizable from significant distances simply because they're holding a chest. Even from behind, the position of their arms is unmistakable.
    It matters not how well lit they are. If they're in a dark enough shadow to make dark colours better at hiding them, they're in too dark a shadow for the colours to matter.

If an entire area is poorly lit, however, it can sometimes be difficult to maintain a lock on my darkly-coloured opponents. There are a few areas dark enough to qualify, but the Knights still shine, the Men-At-Arms still have their bright socks, and Archers... Are so dark that they stick out against the darkness like a living shadow. It's difficult to make out the details of them, but they're impossible to miss completely.
    8gQi4T5.png
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    Now we're talking about color from a game-play perspective?
    All I know is that there's no two characters in this game that have similar color palettes. They're all discernible from one another, and the Bondi shouldn't break that pattern.
    He needs to look different because he is different. Mistaking him for a Gestir could mean life or death. Not that color is everything, all of the characters are easy to distinguish from rather far distances even in the darkest conditions because of how they walk and hold their weapons. But still, he shouldn't be the same shade of green that the Gestir is, he has to have a style and personality of his own.

Plus, if you're already in the field of vision of your target, your gank has failed regardless of what color you are.
  • ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    Have we decided what the finished model should be?
  • Krizzy MothKrizzy Moth Senior
    So, any news guys?
    k2w8_Xxjo13_Q.jpg
  • ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    edited May 2015
    @Myarr

The finished model is now on the Trello page. I think coding is next.
  • FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team
    The model is not in-game yet. Code side the class is already done with placeholder weapons and model. Will focus more on Bondi after 3.1.1 is released.
    Hey guys, it's been a while, did ya miss me?

I've got some more progress on Blondi:

1_40.jpg

2_21.jpg

3_39.jpg

4_7.jpg
  • ɉ◎ℕɉ◎ℕ Beta Tester
    edited June 2015
    He definitely looks the most classy out of the lot of them, very smart. Nice work!
  • TrarTrar Senior
    If I had to nitpick, I'd say the Bondi's clothes should be just a little bit brighter. Really though, he's looking very nice. Can't wait to play him so I can show Archers they're not so hot.
    THIS MESSAGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY ODIN'S PIZZA PLACE

http://steamcommunity.com/id/trar/
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    Sharpie's got some competition for sexiest man of all PVKII.
    Now all he needs is a deep, soothing, manly as fridge voice.