Suggestions For Official Maps
Developer level designers need to consider the science of what makes a PVK2 map great from the ground up, and allow the art to flow from a solid layout. Sometimes things work out great and our maps are beloved by all and other times, a map for our game may have been created years ago and may need to be brought up to speed for current standards.
Our dev and tester teams work hard to test and refine our maps, but there is only so much we can either catch or think of with our established workflow. And so, we're lowering the ramp down to you for suggestions for our official maps. Have an idea that might improve a section? Have an alternative solution for an area you think is out of balance? Here is the place for your ideas, concepts, and solutions.
- Follow forum rules as always
- Suggestions must tell us why an area/dynamic isn't working, and what could be done to improve it.
- Off topic banter will be hidden, so stay on target! Inappropriate or ignorant suggestions will be ignored (see below)
- Use any visuals, evidence, sketches, etc you want to suggest how we can make things better.
- Suggestions should be clear, to the point, and as few words as you can. Elaborate and detail if necessary.
Inappropriate Suggestion: Town sucks. I always die. (The end.)
Good suggestion: I feel lts_town's layout could use an overhaul. It is difficult to find people during sudden death, and gameplay in the streets should be the focus. I feel like the layout could be more gridlike, and arena-sized for the town. Building doors only open for sudden death allowing you a safehaven from the streets that were the primary focus before sudden death. You would then have to time your exits from building to building. Here is a sketch I drew...
As members of the community, you have a voice, and here is one of the many spaces you have to use it. Wisely.
We appreciate any support for our PVK2 and OctoShark Studios.