Workshop support

Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain MainSenior
edited 12:16PM in Suggestions
This needs to happen.

Imagine if PVK2 had support like Gmod or L4D2. Users put in custom skins, models, textures, whatever, and you just click Subscribe and it's applied to your game.
I imagine that it would be easy now that PVK2 runs on source sdk 2013, maybe.

I also think it would inspire more people to join the community, with new maps and perhaps game modes being made, attracting new people.
76561198022443233png

Comments

• SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of Things PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited 12:16PM
    I agree, I've suggested it before. I'm a bit unsure on how it's implemented in a game, but since it's possible to use the custom folder I could be really simple to do. I just don't know what the process is like, and if you have to pay for like Steam cloud space or something for a mod. I'd like to know though.
    5GY1DFV.png

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

• AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Outside of Garry's Mod, I don't know any Source mod that has Workshop support. There's always a first time for anything, though.
    Between having it's own workshop and Gamebanana I have mixed opinions about which's better. For instance, in the workshop, not only you can install the skins and mods with ease but you can also unsubscribe them instead of manually deleting them; however, the lack of new content might make the workshop page barebones in comparison to GMod or other games. Gamebanana has no sort of license in order to support the mod's name, so there's that.

That reminds me, I wonder how fast Gamebanana would die if Valve decided to include custom maps and skins support for TF2's workshop page. They'd still have Counter-Strike and it's sequels but I could see a lot of people migrating onto the workshop.

76561198031989549.png

• Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain Main Senior
    AGSMA wrote:

Outside of Garry's Mod, I don't know any Source mod that has Workshop support. There's always a first time for anything, though.

Anarchy Arcade does, and I think Double Action: Boogaloo will some time in the future.

AGSMA wrote:

That reminds me, I wonder how fast Gamebanana would die if Valve decided to include custom maps and skins support for TF2's workshop page. They'd still have Counter-Strike and it's sequels but I could see a lot of people migrating onto the workshop.

Personally I don't like using gamebanana, a lot of skins, I find, are old and never get updated. Which sucks because usually they're the best looking ones :icon_restless:
    76561198022443233png

Oh yeah, sometimes I forget that Anarchy Arcade is a mod. Ever since they started to not put the "Mod" banner in the store page's thumbnail that I keep thinking they're full games.
    And yeah, I understand your pain. I wish the Tardis-themed supplies closet didn't look freaking ugly on high settings.

76561198031989549.png

• Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain Main Senior
    AGSMA wrote:

Oh yeah, sometimes I forget that Anarchy Arcade is a mod. Ever since they started to not put the "Mod" banner in the store page's thumbnail that I keep thinking they're full games.
    And yeah, I understand your pain. I wish the Tardis-themed supplies closet didn't look freaking ugly on high settings.

I mean something like this, which doesn't work for me :(
    76561198022443233png

Neither does the Medic Minigun which looked so cool.
    I honestly don't know who to blame for these skins being broken, the modders themselves or our machines.

76561198031989549.png

• AmerikaAmerika Honkey Senior
    A few problems with the Workshop is that all the files can't be too large, against the steam code of conduct or copyrighted. That would still keep gamebanana around, for people wanting to use like inappropriate things or high resolution textures that are too large for the workshop.
    imageI love eggs!
    QUOTE (Gee Hawd @ Nov 20 2007, 11:59 AM) »
    They're all transsexuals... but you wouldn't know that, YOU FAILED THE TEST

Steam only does not allow files that are over 1GB in size, from what I know, so any map, skin or sound mod should be welcome.

76561198031989549.png