Bugs for 3.0-ish

KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing PersonBeta Tester
edited 1:57PM in Bugs/Support
So I know people will want to post millions of bug posts most of which are likely already known. Various features weren't incomplete as well.

That being said, most of the bugs include in no particular order:

Animation/Attachments/Facial
Hint/Guidance
Achievements
Freeze Cam
FOV
Announcers/Sounds
Maps (not fully polished)

An extensive list wasn't made yet as builds on release tend to sometimes cause strange things to happen that may not be immediately known and the known bug list is quite long as well. May post some more detail on said bugs in the future. If you wish to post regardless be sure to do it here instead of a separate topic to avoid hundreds of topics of what will likely be known bugs.

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
"I like axes"
--kokoronokawari
loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

Comments

• edited October 2014
    So far I have noticed:
    • the game crashes quite often (seem to happen at the end of rounds or when I get killed) - not sure if any minidumps would be helpful or where they are stored
    • only the first character is displayed for each command in the voice menu
    • parrots are entirely black
    • some HUD elements overlapping each other (I'd guess this is known?)

I am running the Linux client (on Debian Jessie). By the way, thanks a lot for the Linux version. You guys rock!
  • JabbaJabba Senior
    edited October 2014
    Particle effects around health and armor pickups are visible even after health/armor is picked up. Is this intended for people to see where health/armor will spawn, or is it a bug?
    a1ntOi0.gif?1
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited October 2014
    After letting Microsoft VC Redist package to update for some reason the vast majority of the sounds didn't play at all. Few exceptions included footsteps in water, some generic physics sounds from HL2, bullet and arrow ricochets, the deathcam's choirs, minor soundscapes and occasionally the round end themes. I've also seen some blocky textures in te_cara.
    I'm not sure if the lack of sounds has to do with not validating game files, so I'll launch the mod again to see if they're already fixed. In the meantime I'll post the two blocky textures that I found in te_cara.
    http://steamcommunit...s/?id=334705564
    http://steamcommunit...ts/?appid=17570

Edit: even after I validated the mod's files it continues to be silent for the most part.

76561198031989549.png

• Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain Main Senior
    edited October 2014
    It may just be me, but there's no longer a damage number popup when you hit an enemy.
    The ending camera for when a round ends (at least on 24/7 island), it doesn't center on the throne room. It's off.
    And my game crashes when I use the new Parrot color/MAA titles and try to connect to a server (dunno which one, will confirm later).
    76561198022443233.png
    Gallery of Rage
    OnqKl5B.jpg
    8ICrnFR.png :wub:
    rYEKvgb.jpg
    He1WpjQ.png <- lts_skypirates fun
    d1vRvor.png
    TudA52z.png
    8ABWxKM.jpg
  • FinlordFinlord Senior
    edited 1:57PM

It may just be me, but there's no longer a damage number popup when you hit an enemy.

And it shouldnt. Some servers use plugins that show how much you are dealing damage.
  • JabbaJabba Senior
    Sprays do not get saved. You have to keep changing it every time you start the game.
    a1ntOi0.gif?1
  • OPlatypusOPlatypus Senior
    edited November 2014
    Some achievements are still not tracked properly, for example the french kiss achievement. Not sure if the pris de fer is working now though.
  • edited 1:57PM
    I figure the dev's know, but I thought I would post so players would not try hard for the achieve. The two kills with one fart achieve does not work. Just killed two on the map Valhalla
  • SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of Things PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    Jabba wrote:

Sprays do not get saved. You have to keep changing it every time you start the game.

If you want to force save it, this is possible by editing the autoexec.cfg file in the pvkii\cfg folder. The name of my spray is "chipskylark.vtf" and so I would add

cl_logofile "materials/vgui/logos/chipskylark.vtf"

to the autoexec.cfg file. Replace the ending with the name of your own spray. Just bear in mind that, if the spray changing is fixed in the future, you may have to remove this in order for the feature to work properly again.
    5GY1DFV.png

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

• shabbashabba Senior
    Got stuck between the rocks and the tree at the right side of the MAA's halberd in this picture:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=334347798
  • MaydayMayday Engineering Supreme Senior
    Hey there. I'm just curious about the FOV bug stated in the OP. I've found that when using ultra-wide resolutions (3 screens) the FOV is far too low and does not scale appropriately. The game is unplayable in ultra-wide resolutions where in the previous version of the game, there were no issues with FOV.

Is there a fix in the works for FOV?

Thanks.
  • edited November 2014
    An issue I've noticed when playing since the new update, is that there is graphical flickering in the sky and water on multiple maps (I think every outdoors one I've played on since the update). This happens outdoors only it seems.
  • AmerikaAmerika Honkey Senior
    The most annoying bug I find is THE LACK OF PEOPLE PLAYING. Luckily, that's an easy fix. Tell your friends! Tell your coworkers! Tell your classmates! Tell your mom! Tell your boyfriend/girlfriends mom and dad! Tell Grandpa and Grandma!
    imageI love eggs!
    QUOTE (Gee Hawd @ Nov 20 2007, 11:59 AM) »
    They're all transsexuals... but you wouldn't know that, YOU FAILED THE TEST

• Links121995Links121995 Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Amerika wrote:

Tell your mom!

I did. She doesn't stop hitting me long enough to pay attention to my explanation of the correct way to hit somebody, and then blames me for being too good when I hit back.
    8gQi4T5.png
  • SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of Things PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited November 2014
    No idea if a fix for this is already in the works, but I noticed it a while ago, and figured I'd wait, but on the Linux version, it seems to have some graphical issues with the voice menus. It's rendered underneath the HUD, and it only shows the first letter of each voice command.

u502zFel.jpg

(Full Size)

I thought it might've had something to do with the pvkii_english.txt file. Which on Linux, appears to be completely garbled unless I open it with an Office derivative, but if I try to save it as a plain text file with Linux normally, it doesn't work at all, as matter of fact that crashes it. I dunno, it may just be me. I'm running Lubuntu 14.10 I'm really missing my Linux Mint, so I may try switching, it may be something wacky with the desktop environment, no idea.

Edit: Heh, reread Roger the Shrubber's post, sorry to reiterate the same thing.
    5GY1DFV.png

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

• JollygreenJollygreen Troll Senior
    5IRjDWs.jpg

I dont know if this is a bug or not, but this is how high MAA jumps.

He jumps out the line of sight when fighting in close combat and i just wonder if that's the intention
    1pYiF.gif
  • OPlatypusOPlatypus Senior
    For some reason I can't see MOST sprays maybe there's a bug with the pre installed ones? Also the mind your own business still has no icon, might not be a bug I have no way of knowing if the artwork is finished or not.
  • Black BellamyBlack Bellamy Senior
    edited December 2014
    Animation glitch when the gestir does his forward lunge with the spear his arm animation on the top edge of the screen is broken for a split second before going back off screen
    "Everything with a beginning has an end"
    Gestir gets his spear locked when doing his special and then trying to charge a standard attack with the spear immediately after (maybe trying to charge too soon triggers it?)

Captain also gets his parrot locked when switching to it sometimes

Both situations require you to switch to a different weapon and then back again for the weapon to be unlocked and usable. I've died more times than I wish to recount due to these bug in recent months.
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited January 2015
    So sometimes when i see the Gestir do his special after he's done he'd turn into a T shape for like 2 seconds then he returns back to his normal animations.

http://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be
  • JizzlerJizzler Senior
    The ctrl + jump flicker. bloody annoying. I only seem to get it when servers have round times over 40 min.
    lMrr3YC.gif?1
    image,PVKII,white,black.png
  • MS32MS32 Server Owner Senior
    ~The perfect-parry counter attack animation doesn't work for MAA (for me), I'm having to guess the timing and position of my weapon to get a hit - not difficult but threw me off, at first.
    ~Not a bug - the MAA voice sounds are very quiet to other clients, relative to other classes i.e. from first person it's fine, but other players hear them quietly. You may think "thank god" because they're annoying, but it's weirdly inconsistent with the other classes, which are perfectly audible to other players.
    pvksig2_zpsqrchpjno.gif
  • WodenWoden Senior
    edited March 2015
    Please fix the silent keg fuse on Skirmisher. I think it's caused by lighting the fuse right before/at the game/round start/restart -- I could be wrong. Some people do it on purpose. It's ridiculously broken.
    A minor one, but you can roll cancel by initiating a reload. It kinda just awkwardly cancels the roll animation and continues on reloading

Oh, and what's with people jumping and very rarely, getting stuck in the ceiling afterwards?
    sLeDRRQ.gif
  • FinlordFinlord Senior
    I dont know if this is bug or intended but gestirs and maa shield bash doesnt stun anymore if you dont charge it much. People can still hit you after you have "stunned" them.
  • Links121995Links121995 Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Hitting people with an uncharged bash fails to cause either the flinching animation or those stars around the victim's head. It also fails to knock them back, out of range of a counter-attack.
    A fully charged bash, however, will both stun and knock them back. Given that only the most favorable of circumstances will leave them within counter-attack range, this suits teamwork of the tag-team variety just fine.

Alternatively, you could bash the enemy's attack down, and get all in up their face with your quickly-charging one-handed weapon of choice.

If this IS a bug, I will curse the day it's fixed. A bit. No sense in getting too angry over something generally positive.
    8gQi4T5.png
  • shabbashabba Senior
    Im having trouble with pvk crashing when watching a prerecorded demo. Its happens every time after 10 seconds of successfully watching.
  • AfijakAfijak Senior
    edited October 2015
    Rather old animation bug.

When looking 3rd person you can encounter that Archer crossbow-string remains drawn for some time after arrow shot. Seems that animation of string movement is broken.
    Man at arms should be checked in 3rd person crossbow fire too with that bug...
    Client is 3.3 beta
  • AfijakAfijak Senior
    edited November 2015
    After firing Bow-special, the archer autoselects an empty crossbow...
    The thing is as follows:
    Take archer, select a crossbow and shoot a bolt, dont reload it, select a bow and kill opponents with arrows untill filling superkill bar, use the special superkill 3 arrows and watch a bug: your archer after special bow shot automatically selects empty crossbow instead of continuing to use a bow ...
  • AfijakAfijak Senior
    edited November 2015
    Maybe not a bug but a request for developers...
    Could you please fix some things like theese:
    1. Sharpshooter - The CIRCLE AIM should be slightly shifted right to strictly allign the pistol HINDSIGHT. The thing is true when aiming the gun.
    2. Archer - please make the crossbow to be strictly center-alligned when aiming the sights - as it alligned on the man-at-arms's crossbow. Because now the archer crossbow aiming looks a bit shifted to the rightside...