Show Health Points

SoloableSoloable Senior
edited June 2013 in Suggestions
As I said on my other thread, I am making this a suggestion. This would work great as an option, and can be uncheck/checked if a player wants to show the Health points or not.

Add health points so I can see how much Health I have, the Bar System does work, However as I berserker, I find it annoying when I die because of the special. Because I cannot tell specifically how much HP I have left.

So just say, the berserker gets 30 Health when he activates his special

And I get hit and I only have 35 Health left, I need to know if I'm outside the Special Kill Zone.

Comments

• SharpiemanSharpieman Senior
    edited 2:03AM
    I wouldn't mind the option but id prefer it be percentile of health rather than actual health points.
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Some might disagree if it's only practical for the berserker, but aye there are folks who'd prefer numbers. I'd imagine, with a little HUD rework, you could have the numbers displayed like this next to the health bar.
    healthnum.jpg
    Little harder to see, but still gives you some more detailed information about your health, should you require it.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

That is actually a amazing idea denshin. Minimal HUD interference, small but easy to interpret. Nice work
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    Aye, I like numbers too. Also, half a health bar means something entirely different for zerker and skirmy, would be nice to actually see the absolute health and thus know (and not guess) what hits you could still take
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people
    ..yeah Jco you're right, since the health bar is percentage based, setting numbers like that would have to be changed for each class, hm, then you'd have to have ordinary-fps-numbers showing after all.

signatureopaquesmall.png

It would be useful if instead of numbers in your HUD idea you use percentile markers. 10% 25% 50% 75%
    Though it would just be the same thing then, the current health bar is percentage based and you wouldn't really need numbers like that with it. Health in exact numbers could give a player a better general idea how much health or armor each class has, perhaps show them in numbers underneath each bar. 125 - 100, you know that sorta thing.

signatureopaquesmall.png

• KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    edited June 2013
    In your example I am not sure you knowing or not knowing would change your actions at all.

I don't have anything against HP and Armor numbers shown though for yourself.

If anything, I prefer to have flat numbers for statuses of how low someone is instead of percentages as it is too often "pushing up daises" on tankier people requires more hits than squishies. Many a time I risk my neck thinking if I try to trade hits (and my swing is faster) that it will finish them off before they get to swing. Half the time I end up dying because I gambled and lost in my estimation lol...

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• simiussimius Senior

In your example I am not sure you knowing or not knowing would change your actions at all.

Sure, if you know you got nothing to loose, you act differently trying to take someone else with you or deal some good dmg before you pass away. Or you know that you can't go for the last hit but you have to go for that crucial meal first.

The idea isn't bad, new players might also recognize quicker that the classes have different amounts of HP. Personally I'd only need it when I'm playing berserker (which isn't the case in the new patch anyway but whatever). You could implement that informaton differently as well though, with a flashing health bar/hud or the 50 HP represented in another collour/shading or something.
  • SoloableSoloable Senior
    Denshin wrote:

Some might disagree if it's only practical for the berserker, but aye there are folks who'd prefer numbers. I'd imagine, with a little HUD rework, you could have the numbers displayed like this next to the health bar.
    healthnum.jpg
    Little harder to see, but still gives you some more detailed information about your health, should you require it.

Its not specific but it would work much better than the current bar when I'm a berserker.