2 suggestions

Hermetico89Hermetico89 Senior
edited 2:01AM in Suggestions
I had written this in small suggestions, but here I write again.

1) I would like the Archer, may have alternate attack. For example, by pressing the key E + MOUSE1,the Archer take one of those arrows that are on the back and bury it in the face or neck of the nearest enemy, but should be no more than 1 or 2 meters.

2) would not be a bad idea,that can grab the weapons lying on the ground, and the hands that be the character you've chosen, and not the only character who uses (I mean, if for example, you are a pirate and take a weapon from a Viking, you have the hand of the pirate you choose, because otherwise that would be a madness lol)
76561198054822029.png

Comments

• DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited April 2013
    Although it would become a good detail, using arrows to melee with would probably not be necessary as the butterknife is more than adequate to cut the opposition down by the breeches.

And for your second suggestion, that would probably not become popular because classes are carefully balanced as they are, being able to use other classes weapons would throw that balance completely off because some combinations would be just unthinkable (skirmisher + longbow :D)

As well as people would most likely complain over the sense made that a weak skirmisher uses something big and bulky like a huscarl axe.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• Hermetico89Hermetico89 Senior
    edited 2:01AM
    Denshin wrote:

Although it would become a good detail, using arrows to melee with would probably not be necessary as the butterknife is more than adequate to cut the opposition down by the breeches.

And for your second suggestion, that would probably not become popular because classes are carefully balanced as they are, being able to use other classes weapons would throw that balance completely off because some combinations would be just unthinkable (skirmisher + longbow :D)

As well as people would most likely complain over the sense made that a weak skirmisher uses something big and bulky like a huscarl axe.

what you say is true, you're right, but still would be good (for me) grab the weapons that are on the floor
    76561198054822029.png
  • ThatOneBoxThatOneBox Senior
    Denshin wrote:

have you every tried randomizer? that's alot of fun. especailly when yo uare a skirm, and yo uhave the HK's sword. it is really OP
    that damage with that speed is jsut crazy.
    edited April 2013
    Yeah I've played randomizer, that's fun as hell and I miss it tons, once I was an archer with only a huscarl axe on tw_frostbite and I didn't die once that round. But thing is, randomizer is a crazy-wacky thing, like weaponsmaster, so despite how much fun it would be, it isn't really in the same category as something you should be able to do in vanilla play.

It would just be more balancing issues having to balance every class using every weapon, skirmishers with claymores are just unthinkable. That and the amount of work for coders and animators, it's best to have a little mercy on them :D

Classes have set strengths and weaknesses, if they can experiment with other weapons they can potentially find combinations to make them even more all-rounded, or simply further boost their strengths and nullify their weaknesses almost completely.

signatureopaquesmall.png

• BluehardtBluehardt Senior
    edited April 2013
    Correct me if I'm mistaken, but there is a separate animation for first person view and whole model ones. Weapons are "glued" to coresponding hands during first person view. That's why your concept of picking up weapons and seeing your character's hands is not possible and most likely won't be. It can be done, but it's not worth the effort right now - additional work for devs and there is no need to implement new mechanic just for one (new) game mode, because otherwise it would add huge balance issues, as Denshin explained it already.
    badge-76561198016191753.png
  • Hermetico89Hermetico89 Senior
    Bluehardt wrote:

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but there is a separate animation for first person view and whole model ones. Weapons are "glued" to coresponding hands during first person view. That's why your concept of picking up weapons and seeing your character's hands is not possible and most likely won't be. It can be done, but it's not worth the effort right now - additional work for devs and there is no need to implement new mechanic just for one (new) game mode, because otherwise it would add huge balance issues, as Denshin explained it already.

Yes, it is true, it is true, would have balance problems
    76561198054822029.png
    lol i wasn't talkign about randomizer as support for his idea, i jsut saw a little relation and thought i would add it in. guess it was off topic, sorry mates.
    There would just be little difference between randomizer and able to pick up weapons from the ground it is basically the same concept, only you're pretty much choosing what weapons you're gonna end up with.

signatureopaquesmall.png

okay let me re-phrase this a second time, id dint agree with anything in this thread, i think all ideas are bad, no offense, i was merely going off topic to mention the randomzier mod and by stating that, i was not advocating in any way shape or form. i ithnk / agree picking/choosing weapons i sOP, leave the game as it si,it is fine, besides the threades i created earlier, which is also un-related to this topic.