Trinket respawn notifications

DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
edited 2:58AM in Suggestions
Hey, my first suggestion. Isn't that something?

SO

My point to make here today (I know I could just say this directly to all the devs but I thought it'd be good to hear what others think.) is to add an additional form of notification when the trinket, after having been lost, is about to respawn.

Basically, you will get to see which player the trinket will respawn on, as illustrated suggestions presented below:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/98282276/suge1.jpg
Just the icon and it's timer, being slightly opaque, following above a player's head, able to be seen through walls.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/98282276/suge2.jpg
Just a text displaying on your screen, opaque as well as not to completely blinden you. Perhaps not preferable due to having this message on your screen for 30 seconds

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/98282276/suge3.jpg
Or you could simply have both if so desired.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
signatureopaquesmall.png

Comments

• NiveNive PVKII Team
    edited 2:58AM
    The first one is likely the best, especially if it is only visible to teammates and not enemy trinket carriers.
    You could also do with some kind of "ghostly" grail symbol on the score window as well, in case you aren't near the soon-to-be trinket holder and you'd like to know who it is.
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Oh yes, good addition.

signatureopaquesmall.png

• simiussimius Senior
    good idea(s)!
    gives better options to coordinate
  • ThatOneBoxThatOneBox Senior
    i too cast my vote for this
  • BluehardtBluehardt Senior
    No, there should be no text! Symbol-only is the best idea. It would be really useful addition, because how many times did we wonder who will hold the trinket next? Shouldn't be so hard to implement. Take Bandwagonman idea into account and/or add also 'global visibility', similar to how it looks when trinket is laying on ground - you know its estimate position, by being able to see it 'through' obstacles. Why didn't anyone come with it earlier? So simple and brilliant idea!
    badge-76561198016191753.png
    With the latest update, you can give the respawning trinket to someone else by pressing G when the timer is on you. Perhaps it would be beneficial as well as the ability to give it to someone specific? Maybe looking as a player then pressing G.

signatureopaquesmall.png

• TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    i don't think that people would get that and its very fine as it is now

slugsig.jpg

• simiussimius Senior
    people don't get that they can pass the trinket or that the trinket will respawn on them either. I like that idea, denshin
  • yushyush Senior
    Good idea, and it was discussed before in some other thread.

On the other hand - it would change gameplay somewhat, cause good team would always know where the grail is / would be and would stack around it - and this is a great handicap.
    Wouldn't a -good- team communicate between themselves who is about to get the trinket anyway? But I never see anyone do that in trinket wars when I play, but that usually doesn't matter because when alot of veterans play in TW they keep moving as a group regardless who will get the trinket.

Since he who will be getting the trinket is notified as well as being constantly informed as to exactly when the trinket will spawn on him, it wouldn't be much of a handicap letting his team see automatically that he's going to get the trinket, as he may just have informed players in teamchat about him getting the trinket and his whereabouts.

I think I see what you mean though, when a team loses the grail they will respawn out on random locations in the map which leads to the team being temporarily shattered and disorganized. This is the advantage the other teams has to make use of until that team gets the trinket again. Soo.. hmm, maybe the team will just have a text informing them who the trinket is going to spawn on? But it fades out after a few seconds, similar to the text that says who the trinket just spawned on.

signatureopaquesmall.png

• yushyush Senior
    Correct. Nonetheless, I missed the feature of "at whom would grail spawn". (when i was active player)
  • ThatOneBoxThatOneBox Senior
    i like this idea alot and will push to get it inplemented in one way shape or form.
  • OktoberOktober The Italian Connection Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    I too don't think it would fit too well in Trinket Wars, for the same reasons that were pointed out above. It is a good idea, though, so maybe a plugin implementing a command for server owners that want to use it on their servers? That sounds like the best possibility.
    76561197996706951.png