Sharpshooter Meet-N-Greet

PJIIIPJIII Axe-Wielding NunPVKII Team, Applicant
edited February 2013 in Dev Journal
Hey guys! I thought I'd make up this little video detailing some of the thoughts and memories I have about doing the voice of the Sharpshooter for the game. I enjoy talking to the players and doing random in-game interviews over the headset, so I figured I'd make a video along the same lines. Take care!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BPzSgpfsNYc[/media]

Edit:

Part 2:

[media]image

Comments

• DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 6:40AM
    I still preferred the lines before the final ones were put in :D

Good show though

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• Cap1Cap1 Land Lubber! Banned
    edited February 2013
    My dear sir, your hair is as majestic as your voice :)

Si si si si!
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    More :D

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• PJIIIPJIII Axe-Wielding Nun PVKII Team, Applicant
    Denshin wrote:

I still preferred the lines before the final ones were put in :D

Good show though

I generally find higher characters to be more fun to voice, which is probably why I did that first.

Cap1 wrote:

My dear sir, your hair is as majestic as your voice :)

Si si si si!

Would you say my hair is well coiffed? lol

More :D

Sure! Requests? Topics? Things you'd like to hear about or stupid things you'd like said in the SS voice? :P
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    I second the Colonel
    Other character concepts?

xq0LCrG.png

• SquirrelSquirrel Senior
    edited February 2013
    This is great! It should be on the homepage bulletin.

Can't wait to see what's next!
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited February 2013
    Always nice to see/hear/get to really know the people you hear every day in a game :D

thank you ! and AGREED MOARRRR!!!

edit ps.

your face looks quite familiar do you have a voices.com profile?

edit ps ps

its funny you say mr Banderas as the influence

i felt you sounded like Benisio Del Toro
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

ron-dancing-animated.gif
    Ocelot wrote:

Always nice to see/hear/get to really know the people you hear every day in a game :D

thank you ! and AGREED MOARRRR!!!

edit ps.

your face looks quite familiar do you have a voices.com profile?

edit ps ps

its funny you say mr Banderas as the influence

i felt you sounded like Benisio Del Toro

Sure! I'll do another.

No, I don't have a Voices profile, but I do have a Voice123 profile. http://voice123.com/micahblakeslee

That's funny. Del Toro never came to mind while doing the character, but now that you say it, I can hear it.
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited February 2013
    its astounding how similar these 2 sites are your www.voices123.com and my www.voices.com

you should attend some tests :D/>

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • OktoberOktober The Italian Connection Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    That was a nice explanation, thanks for sharing it. In fact, I should say I like the sharpshooter's tone of voice a lot compared to others ( even though I find the others much more funny, but this is a detail, isn't it? ). Do you plan on voicing other PVK2 characters in the future, oooor?
    76561197996706951.png
    edited February 2013
    The much anticipated sequel!

• OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited February 2013
    hey i added yah on steam (unnk)

now to watch

edit. your mic is barely picking up your voice in this video, i have to jam up the volume on my speakers to about 80%

the cleric voice is REALLY nice, it sounds as though it should coming out of Kennith Mcmillan's (most notable in dune as baron harkonnen) mouth but resembles a breathy Jim Broadbent from moulin rouge

and just for a laugh when i had paused the video to chat with colonel on steam.... you seemed quite entranced by your forum avatar :D

hMGvcOL.jpg

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • Pache94Pache94 Donald Thumb Beta Tester
    Ha! Love it! and very interesting back story too :)
    king_k__rool_by_biel12-d3f0vny.gif
    edited February 2013
    Ocelot wrote:

edit. your mic is barely picking up your voice in this video, i have to jam up the volume on my speakers to about 80%

I noticed that too after I had already filmed this. I'm on vaction and away from my real recording equipment at the moment. This 15$ Logitech is kind of unpredictable. :P I apologize.

Edit: I just noticed I also had my export volume set strangely low in WMM. I'll try reexporting it.

Pache94 wrote:

Ha! Love it! and very interesting back story too :)

Thanks! :D Keep the questions coming!
  • SongbirdSongbird Senior
    love the videoo! have you done any other voices or any games? any other projects coming up? detailss!
    Z7m0ffC.gif?1
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    hey its understandable just wanted to make sure you knew that the audio pick up was very very low :D

You have a great knack for this stuff...

Im actually full of questions.... but there more of a one on one question and answer type scenario. To explain i was an applicant for Voice Acting way before i ever became a Tester. Mainly gathering constructive criticism, opinions, and any knowledge I can.

But to keep this question and answer session with in this threat on topic....

What would you consider is the thing you enjoy the most about doing this type of work?

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    That song in the end is in the game, and what a jolly feeling it is to hear it!

Nice jobs!
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    You left us on a cliffhanger Micah!

Where be the magical voice!

ron-dancing-animated.gif
    Ocelot wrote:

You left us on a cliffhanger Micah!

Where be the magical voice!

This thread got "the magical voice" a couple of new gigs is what happened. image' />

I'll update with a new video when I get the chance. I'm currently at a film convention in D.C. where a short film I made is up for an undergraduate award. :D
    If you ever stretch out your woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrds too much you'll be in deep sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiit.

xq0LCrG.png

• OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited March 2013
    i forrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr one agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to that staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatment

edit ps.

Congrats on the added publicity thanks to pvk

hopefully that w40k gig i led you to helps your portfolio as well im recording some more lines for them today

apparantly im voicing a pretty pivitol character

hope to see that video soon :D

ron-dancing-animated.gif
    edited March 2013

If you ever stretch out your woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrds too much you'll be in deep sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiit.

Generally yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss, but it may be necessary if you ever find yourself doing a dub for a cheap anime, HUUUUUUUuuuuuuhhhh?!

But for an action game like PVK, no. Bad idea.

Ocelot wrote:

i forrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr one agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to that staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatment

edit ps.

Congrats on the added publicity thanks to pvk

hopefully that w40k gig i led you to helps your portfolio as well im recording some more lines for them today

apparantly im voicing a pretty pivitol character

hope to see that video soon :D

Thanks! Yeah, that's the idea. My portfolio is rather paper thin, at the moment. I mean, I have a lot of stuff, but much of it isn't really up to my current standards of quality. I'm always learning, but I'd hate to send a reel to, say, Funimation that had a bunch of stuff from when I was REALLY learning. image' /> PVK is pretty much the first project that I was involved in for which I have exceeding pride. It was a real honor to be able to participate. I guess I could always just make up some stuff for a reel, but I would much rather just be involved in more projects and get demo reel material that way. It helps both me and others.

Congrats on the W40K gig! That's awesome! Can't wait to hear it!
    The stuff he has me voicing didn't come with much more information than "They are bad" so I'm going to have to make a few variations and see which one he likes best. I'd like to be able to do a good job. Unfortunately, I've been struggling with a pretty bad chest cold as of late which has delayed my work. It's going away, though, so hopefully I'll be able to get back to work soon. Or maybe, the sickness would make me sound more evil. :P

And it's not just the W40K work! Songbird also got me involved in a Deus Ex mod. I should use you guys as my agents! ;)
  • JabbaJabba Senior
    I fondly remember a time where the sharpshooter would squeal like a little girl every time you hit him.
    a1ntOi0.gif?1
  • TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    Jabba wrote:

I fondly remember a time where the sharpshooter would squeal like a little girl every time you hit him.

i was so confused when they changed it to the squeal, it was the most dominant voiceline ever

slugsig.jpg

edited April 2013
    Part 3 is here!

Oh, and as I said in the end of the video, my music page is here: https://www.facebook...hblakesleemusic
  • NiveNive Beta Tester
    edited April 2013
    Hah, aw man, I wish some of those lines were in the game, even if they had no reason to be.
    "Touch me-No, not there! Here~"

I wish you luck in your endeavors to find fabulous projects to be a part of.

Also, Kool-aid Man!?

Hah, aw man, I wish some of those lines were in the game, even if they had no reason to be.
    "Touch me-No, not there! Here~"

I wish you luck in your endeavors to find fabulous projects to be a part of.

Also, Kool-aid Man!?

Thanks! I appreciate that!

Yeah, most of the lines I believe to be the funniest had nothing to do with the PVK universe and served no function in-game, so I understand why they were cut. There's, however, still always a part of me that wants that stuff in there anyways, even if he just blurts the non sequiturs out randomly for no reason. image' />

And, yes, Kool-Aid man! If I posted the entirety of the unedited sessions, you would hear a lot of strange things. Always good to keep the work fun!
  • KNUDA.knatchKNUDA.knatch Senior
    "Can I... have the booti?"

Probably my fav. voice command in the game, so far.

"Can I... have the booti?"

Probably my fav. voice command in the game, so far.

Glad you like it! Cheers!