Server Motd crash

RainboltRainbolt Senior
edited October 2012 in Bugs/Support
Everytime i try to join a server i get stuck on the motd menu after i am finished loading. The game freezes and theres nothing I can do about it, i have tried waiting for hours to see if it fixes at no avail. Theres only one thing i know about this crash/error. If the server has a costom motd it makes me crash, if it has the vanilla motd,it doesn't. The computer spends so much power trying to load the motd that it fridges the game up completely. The motd gets these purple texture errors around the edges of the motd. Help?
hatsunemiku.png

Comments

• HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    edited 4:45AM
    SO NICE WE'LL SAY IT TWICE
  • edited October 2012
    Do you have a redirect virus? (tats why i was crashin on them motd)
    If not try some of these suggestions
    http://forums.pvkii....showtopic=13233
  • RainboltRainbolt Senior

Do you have a redirect virus? (tats why i was crashin on them motd)
    If not try some of these suggestions
    http://forums.pvkii....showtopic=13233

mah nigga<3
    hatsunemiku.png
    Sorry to disappoint everyone, verified integrity cache & defragged, problem still persists....
    hatsunemiku.png
    I know there is a way to disable HTML motds in some other source games, is it possible with pvkii? That would certainly solve the problem.
    edited October 2012
    Done several dozens of searches,found a temporary fix that only lasts one session...

[background=rgb(38, 38, 38)]textwindow_temp.html[/background]
    hatsunemiku.png
    Can you try putting :
    cl_disablehtmlmotd 1
    in your console (~) before connecting to a server?

Not entirely sure if that command exists in this game, but if it works, then navigate to your steam/steamapps/USERNAME/pirates vikings and knights ii/pvkii/cfg folder, and put that line in config.cfg
    If it doesn't work, I honestly can't think of anything else.
    edited October 2012

Can you try putting :
    cl_disablehtmlmotd 1
    in your console (~) before connecting to a server?

Not entirely sure if that command exists in this game, but if it works, then navigate to your steam/steamapps/USERNAME/pirates vikings and knights ii/pvkii/cfg folder, and put that line in config.cfg
    If it doesn't work, I honestly can't think of anything else.

Tried both the txt file called "PVKIIConsoleCommands" & Config.cfg,did not work.
    However Inside the txt file called PVKIIConsoleCommands there was a list of all commands in the game.
    One thing that i forgot to mention is that when a player dies just after joining the game freezes.
    I am going to set the ragdoll limit to lower than usual, and if that does not work i will disable ragdolls completely.
    hatsunemiku.png
    Rainbolt wrote:

Tried both the txt file called "PVKIIConsoleCommands" & Config.cfg,did not work.
    However Inside the txt file called PVKIIConsoleCommands there was a list of all commands in the game.

k for starters, pvkiiconsolecommands.txt is not a config file at all, and it has only a handful of the commands in the game. Secondly, the reason I suggested trying it in the console first was because that way it will tell you if it's a valid command or not. But like, wtf do I know

k for starters, pvkiiconsolecommands.txt is not a config file at all, and it has only a handful of the commands in the game. Secondly, the reason I suggested trying it in the console first was because that way it will tell you if it's a valid command or not. But like, wtf do I know

Could you ask the developers to implement the motd disable feature in the console? If thats not too much to ask.
    hatsunemiku.png
    is it so damn hard to add a fridgeing console command devs? Why didnt you keep it there in the first place!? I wanna play PVKII!
    hatsunemiku.png