shield and the captains special

PerspectivePerspective Senior
edited 10:48PM in PVKII Discussion
Using the shield against the captains special does it work?

Comments

• PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    edited 10:48PM
    No, it used to. We changed that because the archer's special goes through shields. The captain's special was already at enough of a disadvantage with his reload time anyway.
  • DrauliusDraulius Banned
    edited September 2012
    I figured it at least lowered the damage by a little. But perhaps not?
  • DudazeryDudazery Senior
    Nope, its overpowered, im not sure if its being nerfed next patch either. Its deadly in last team standing since it does area damage and cant be blocked
  • CrackpunchCrackpunch Senior
    Captain's special is overpowered? HA!
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
    edited September 2012
    Crackpunch wrote:

Captain's special is overpowered? HA!

In lts I think specials should be changed if not removed. In lts i think you should only be able to heal yourself with special meter. If not that then make specials blockable using a special block thats on cooldown. Captain specials are especially powerful because of the nature of it being an aoe attack and easy to aim. In lts you have one life and if a captain loads a special, thats practically a dead person already, or close to dead. So you have to play a game where you almost HAVE to go after a captain if you know he has filled his special meter while his teammates attack you etc while he runs away.
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited September 2012
    you must have not played pvk much in the early days huh

edit and honestly the captains ball is not as deadly as you make it out to be hahah

most cant shoot the dang thing anyway
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

ron-dancing-animated.gif
    Sure the end result of the Captain's special is nice, but it requires a long setup time and can rarely surprise experienced players.
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
    Crackpunch wrote:

Sure the end result of the Captain's special is nice, but it requires a long setup time and can rarely surprise experienced players.

its not that long especially if no one is attacking you or you have atleast one guy helping you
    Dudazery wrote:

its not that long especially if no one is attacking you or you have atleast one guy helping you

But if someone is attacking you, you're gonna have a bad time.
    trolololsig.png

• shayologoshayologo Senior
    You never need your special when nobody attack you

It's while you fight your special is charge bit you can't use it. If you die charging your special bar was unless. And if a archer is here you have 50% chance lost heal while reloading

And damage are very low if you didn't directly shoot your target, for long range attack the bullet is just to much slow

I think captain special is badest special
  • PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team

I think captain special is badest special
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    It balances out because no other game mechanic is as satisfying as slowly lobbing it all the way across cathedral at a reloading archer.
    edited September 2012
    Original pvk was fun because it was all melee combat. I think when I first played pvkii was when heavy knights had crossbows. It was fun almost like a medieval simulator. Now I die maybe 50% to ranged or special attacks which are very annoying to die to.
    Dudazery wrote:

Original pvk was fun because it was all melee combat. I think when I first played pvkii was when heavy knights had crossbows. It was fun almost like a medieval simulator. Now I die maybe 50% to ranged or special attacks which are very annoying to die to.

Define medieval.
    trolololsig.png

• DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    What if the reload time for loading the special was shorter?

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited September 2012
    tbh its not hard to kill someone with the captain special...

but tbh its kinda hard to break the attention of somone your fighting to get away and load it

its perfect as it is ...

no one can block the archer arrows that i know of

and the archer cant kill himself with his arrows now can you

if your too close in to the cannon ball you will take severe damage or die

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • BadGuyBadGuy Senior
    Wait, people complaining that the captain's special needs to be loaded before firing?

That's the damn point of it.

You need a few moments of peace to load it but when it's loaded you can use it instantly at any point in your next fight without becoming immobile/charging in a straight line/moving at walking speed until you fire it.

Something for something. It's an explosive, what did you expect?
    "if you lived near me I would've drowned you in a bucket of your mothers blood" - Wolfy Snackrib
    QUOTE (Sven Svennson @ Mar 9 2010, 04:12 AM) »
    Maybe I need a break from PVK.

• Super_SayanSuper_Sayan Senior
    Heh, true that BadGuy
  • Pache94Pache94 Donald Thumb Beta Tester
    i just dislike it when i load in a special and when i pull it out to shot a hk, wolf, or any other guy its not loaded... (same with regular shots)
    king_k__rool_by_biel12-d3f0vny.gif
  • Ninja-ORCNinja-ORC Senior
    Unnk MC your being to honest brotha.
    76561197981087625.png They say there are no ninjas in PVK. I beg to differ.
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    watcha mean matey

ron-dancing-animated.gif