War Gamemode

MargatoMargato Senior, senior
edited May 2012 in Suggestions
So, I was thinking of a war gamemode that only has 2 teams. It would be like Arena, Execept, the map will just be grass hills with a few Barricades sticking out of the ground. And instead of just Knights and vikings, it would be Knights vs knights, exepct only 1 class, the Man At arms. And on the other team it will still be the man at arms, but a different color on they're armor. I know man at arms didn't come out yet, but still. And only 1 live for each person, that is where arena comes in.
Others have to change my signature for me :(

Comments

• PerspectivePerspective Senior
    edited 1:56AM
    seems like an extremely boring clan match mode
  • Goodguy3Goodguy3 Senior
    Lol.
    QUOTE (Damnstraight @ February 17 2009, 08:08 PM)
    Suck up less, or at least make it less obvious.

QUOTE (dinahCannon @ Feb 18 2010, 10:08 AM)
    If that's realistic, I'm Jesus.
  • TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    So, I was thinking of a gamemode that only has 2 teams, the map will just be grass hills, it would be Man At arms and on the other team it will still be the man at arms, but a different color!!!!

call it: Man at War

slugsig.jpg

• DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Upside: It will at least be -very- even.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• Goodguy3Goodguy3 Senior
    How about a game mode that has only two teams, on a flat plain, and it would just be sharpshooters? I call it "Spanish Civil War Zero".
    QUOTE (Damnstraight @ February 17 2009, 08:08 PM)
    Suck up less, or at least make it less obvious.

QUOTE (dinahCannon @ Feb 18 2010, 10:08 AM)
    If that's realistic, I'm Jesus.
  • StalinStalin Senior
    If you're going to do that don't have it only be MAA. Allow one of the duelists (random selection) to pick what they'll be fighting as, or something along those lines.
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    Only two teams is a no go, that will never be done.
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    Goodguy3 wrote:

How about a game mode that has only two teams, on a flat plain, and it would just be sharpshooters? I call it "Spanish Civil War Zero".

http://www.bgmod.com/
  • I_Davidian_II_Davidian_I Land Lubber! Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Stumbled on this thread. Although 2 teams would more than likely not get implemented, I think it may be a fun idea. Although I think if it were to happen it should be all classes. It would be like a red vs blue but you could call the game type alliance or treachery. Having 2 teams would mean you could have more leeway with auto balance. It would also be interesting to see which class is picked the most.

A pair of working hands will achieve more than thousands of pair of hands praying

• DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    David, its a one year old thread D: I think we all agreed upon that implementing a two-team gamemode in a three-team game is not possibly the best idea, besides there are maps that uses two teams, like that helms deep map.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• Major ChulainMajor Chulain Senior
    Don't forget Lord Trilobite's 300-map!
    j7rk8n.jpg
  • I_Davidian_II_Davidian_I Land Lubber! Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Sorry but it did catch my eye and I know it won't get implemented, I'm glad it won't because it would probably ruin the game but couldn't help myself expanding on the idea :emot-awesome:

A pair of working hands will achieve more than thousands of pair of hands praying

• Hermetico89Hermetico89 Senior
    good idea
    76561198054822029.png
  • Ninja-ORCNinja-ORC Senior
    Here's a gamemode. Lets all fly around in spectate mode and play tag.
    76561197981087625.png They say there are no ninjas in PVK. I beg to differ.
  • simiussimius Senior
    You could do that on your own server. There are a couple of maps only allowing 2 Teams
    hmm, take that randomizer mod (I think all classes even got the same stats already) and give all classes the same weaponary instead of a random one
  • Dr.ClericDr.Cleric Senior
    I was thinking about this kind of thing exactly! I could reskin all the teams to be different colours (Knights blue tabard be red or green, the skirmishers stripes and bandanna be green or blue and the bezerker would have a red or blue tinted wolf pelt) I thought up another game mode that would just be free for all and everyone would just have default colouring in that one.

Well that's what I got, I doubt the game mode would be officially added but with a bunch of coding and hard work, I am sure it could be done for a custom map. I would be would be willing to reskin all the classes to make them more diverse and fitting.
    “I don't have moments of weakness. I'm Rik Mayall.” -Rik Mayall
  • KNUDA.knatchKNUDA.knatch Senior
    Goodguy3 wrote:

Alright don't knock it before you try it. I've always wanted to play sharpshooters only on Call of duty 2 maps ported to pvk. Don't look at me like that.
  • PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    edited July 2013
    I've always been a supporter of having a two-team game mode in PVK. With all of the classes included though... For some reason it never makes it through testing. We've tried it out more than once.