{R} Ronin Clan - Update

KazvallKazvall Members
edited February 2012 in Clans
Good day all,

With Gheed banned from the forums, I will handle all the affairs of the Ronin Clan, and Ronin Server. It is my intention to pay for the {R} server, as I have let Gheed front the bill for too long. I greatly appreciate all he has done for the {R} community, and for the PVK community as well. He will not, however, be involved with the working of the {R} server or the {R} clan.

It is also my intention to take the {R} server in a different direction when the new patch/maps hit. I would like it to showcase the new content, thus, it will be new maps only rotation, with an old map vote option. This way, at the time of the patch launch, we will have a nice varied server selection for new and old players alike. I would like to pay homage to Cannabis Club, for being the place that started my PVK love affair, by giving them the LTS spotlight. This will not effect the outstanding relationship {R} has with The Gentlemen's Club, Slammin' Butts, or iG. In fact, I invite all servers to become members of our server ring.

I thank the community for creating a wonderful gaming experience for me, and the DEVs for making it all possible. Thank you for putting that extra special ingredient into your product: Love.

For anyone in Ronin, or future {R} members, feel free to add me to friends anytime, and if you have a suggestion or gripe, I'm all ears.

Peace! :emot-awesome:

Comments

• PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    edited 6:55PM
    We love you, Kazvall.
  • Goodguy3Goodguy3 Senior
    So this means. . .there will be an american server with stock map rotation?

Oh, the joy I am feeling! Long live the new management!
    QUOTE (Damnstraight @ February 17 2009, 08:08 PM)
    Suck up less, or at least make it less obvious.

QUOTE (dinahCannon @ Feb 18 2010, 10:08 AM)
    If that's realistic, I'm Jesus.
  • Khaotic'Khaotic' Dinah #1 Senior
    Sounds very nice, keep it up!
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    edited January 2012
    Fantastic news! There's fresh new air of relief that will positively turn into high player counts come new update! Thank you for your work.

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• Dali's ClockDali's Clock Senior
    kazvall, just as long as you don't continue to idle in spectate.
    QUOTE (Blaze @ Sep 18 2011, 06:07 PM) »
    Yes I know throwing it to Barner was dumb everything was going fast, you wouldn't know this mainly because you don't actually play you just get high and sit in spectate all day :P

• edited January 2012

Fantastic news! There's fresh new air of relief that will positively turn into high player counts come new update! Thank you for your work.

Higher player count?

Can we exceed a full house?

I must have forgotten to have mentioned that I still pay for everything and am very capable of continuing that trend. I built Ronin; I re-built GC to become the most popular server on the list and the way I'm feeling is that I'm either going to keep GC and wait for the patch to roll around for that new crowd or completely shut both of them down.

The last community I let friends keep alive (protf2) backfired on me so if I'm leaving, the servers I built and payed for are leaving with me.
  • Goodguy3Goodguy3 Senior
    edited January 2012

The last community I let friends keep alive (protf2) backfired on me so if I'm leaving, the servers I built and payed for are leaving with me.

Kazvall wrote:

Good day all,

With Gheed banned from the forums, I will handle all the affairs of the Ronin Clan, and Ronin Server. It is my intention to pay for the {R} server, as I have let Gheed front the bill for too long.

\Kappa.png/
    QUOTE (Damnstraight @ February 17 2009, 08:08 PM)
    Suck up less, or at least make it less obvious.

QUOTE (dinahCannon @ Feb 18 2010, 10:08 AM)
    If that's realistic, I'm Jesus.
  • KazvallKazvall Members
    He's right, I will be paying for a newly hosted server.
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    Thank you sir.
  • Dali's ClockDali's Clock Senior

I must have forgotten to have mentioned that I still pay for everything and am very capable of continuing that trend.

the servers I built and payed for are leaving with me.
    QUOTE (Blaze @ Sep 18 2011, 06:07 PM) »
    Yes I know throwing it to Barner was dumb everything was going fast, you wouldn't know this mainly because you don't actually play you just get high and sit in spectate all day :P

• edited 6:55PM
    Goodluck with the server, the only thing i would like to mention is that you should really take in account to treat players on your new server better, even ronin community members. I don't think i have played with you before and {R}Blaze is a very nice guy but i haven't really had great experiences on your servers and have seen quite a few times gheed yell in the microphone to both younger community members and other players. He treats people like they are shirley, caddle, mindless beings who aren't good for anything but populating his server(s) and that's pretty . . shocking. However, i see only possitive respondings to this thread so i'm pretty sure you can twist the community into something more friendly. Goodluck ;)
  • KazvallKazvall Members
    If you have played with me, you know I'm a chill as back clapper. Gheed just has a different approach than I do.
    What's the new server's host information? (is it up yet? I haven't checked)
  • KazvallKazvall Members
    Not up yet. It will be soon. The current {R} server shuts down on Feb 2nd. I am changing hosting, as our current hosting lags like hell. There will be no lag on my server, damnit shirley!
  • edited 6:55PM
    Aren't GC and Ronin on the same host? I could confirm that I encountered a lot of lag on Ronin, but GC has always been fine so far. Maybe the provider put a heavy load on Ronin's machine (e.g. all other customers using a shirleyload of plugins etc., causing great spikes).
    I don't know, your server had a couple spikes this evening

It may have something to do with the 24 slots, back when Ronin was having the choke issues it only started once the playercount got high
  • edited January 2012
    I didn't experience any, but maybe I was too tired to recognized lags at all.

You can't really do anything against them. There are so many factors you can't control with a gameserver provider:
    1. Host system (load, connection, maintenance times...)
    2. Resources your provider assings to your gameserver
    3. Server plugins you use (You can't draw conclusion on how 3.) affects 1.) and 2.) in this case)
  • KazvallKazvall Members
    I am going with 20 players, to provide 2 idling spots.
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    Kazvall wrote:

I am going with 20 players, to provide 2 idling spots.

Use slots that can be divided by 3. So 18, 21 and 24 will be your options. That way every team is able to have equal numbers.
    Or did you mean that the idling spots are included with the 20 player slots (creating 18 'free' slots)?
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
    Enzo wrote:

I didn't experience any, but maybe I was too tired to recognized lags at all.

You can't really do anything against them. There are so many factors you can't control with a gameserver provider:
    1. Host system (load, connection, maintenance times...)
    2. Resources your provider assings to your gameserver
    3. Server plugins you use (You can't draw conclusion on how 3.) affects 1.) and 2.) in this case)

It was about half an hour before you connected
  • KazvallKazvall Members
    Well, no matter what size server, you always have idlers creating a balance discrepancy. I figure 20 people is a good number.
    I can't argue with that. It's not like you can't change it later if it's an issue
  • KazvallKazvall Members
    True that. I'm mostly concerned with server performance. I don't mind getting killed, as long as "latency" wasn't the cause.
  • KazvallKazvall Members
    If you wish to be a member of the real Ronin group, here's a link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rownin
  • edited January 2012
    PVKII's best playas alreaty joined. Kep id up, maine.