editing weapon scripts

HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the KongSenior
edited August 2011 in Scripting
As the individual weapon script files are now encrypted .ctx files, how does one go about altering weapon stats? There are a couple things I'd like to tweak slightly when I get a server up. I understand limiting these things if people are hosting servers where everybody has all the weapons (which is a PANTSONHEAD thing to do in the first place and is IIRC the reason they were originally encrypted), but it's also understandable for a server owner to want to slightly alter output on their server - for example, I plan on tweaking the flintlock slightly so skirmishers actually have to swing a sword. Back in 2.2 I hosted a short-lived server that I had altered the weapons in a lot of silly ways - super slow no-gravity arrows, for example.

Any of the devs, scripters or owners have any word on this?

My alternate is using Sourcemod to do this, but I'd prefer it this way.

Comments

• edited 7:31PM
    I hate to see no one reply to this. As I said before, the Developers probably wouldn't allow this since that is the exact reason why they are encrypted CTX files. I could be mistaken though. I'm just repeating myself from that conversation we had. Haha.
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    edited 7:31PM
    I could try to whip up an SM plugin for controlling this stuff.

But it would be way nicer to just have non-encrypted CTX files.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
    Author of PVKII Randomizer
    Author of PVKII WeaponsMaster
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    edited 7:31PM
    I'm fairly certain it can be done with SDKhooks, but yeah it would be nicer.