PVKII NoSpam Release

MadKatMadKat Senior
edited July 2011 in Scripting
PVKII NoSpam plugin for SourceMod

If you are running the plugin and want to disable it, all functionality will turn off with ns_enabled being set to 0.

Source Code -
    The source code is available at My GitHub Repository. Please credit and fork responsibly.

Files -
    NoSpam.smx (mirror)

Installation -
    Place the NoSpam.smx file into your addons/sourcemod/plugins/ directory.Restart your srcds or change levels.All done! Enjoy.

Changelog -

v0.01 - 2011-7-9
    Initial releaseCVARs to control the plugin behaviorns_enabled (1) - Enables/disables PVKII NoSpam.ns_jump (1.0) - Number of seconds a player must wait between jumps.
Programmer, Swashbuckler
Author of PVKII Randomizer
Author of PVKII WeaponsMaster

Comments

• MadKatMadKat Senior
    edited 6:13PM
    Reserved.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    In all honesty this sounds like something that would drive a lot of traffic away from a server (this comment is mainly directed at the chap that requested it)
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    <!--quoteo(post=225234:date=Jul 9 2011, 07:54 PM:name=Hei
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    edited July 2011
    Maybe the PVK community is so desperate for active servers they will play under any circumstances.

I know a lot of the servers are ridiculously laggy, like they can't even handle more than 6 people.
  • JoshikumakoJoshikumako Senior
    edited July 2011
    oh thank you!, thanks for this XD, so how did your server go with this? was the delay hard to get used too?
    Mi1zkf9.gif
  • edited 6:13PM
    cool
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    QUOTE (Gothic @ Jul 10 2011, 09:04 AM) »
    oh thank you!, thanks for this XD, so how did your server go with this? was the delay hard to get used too?

It was a little strange to play with. I like to jump around. It became really frustrating when you missed a jump on terrain objects and had to wait the duration to jump again.

A few experienced players complained loudly and left. Other players just kind of toughed it out.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • PaladinPaladin Senior
    edited July 2011
    Do you have a bunnyhopping plugin? If bunnyhopping was enabled, would it make the game more competitive since most players jump around alot?
    2v2z7rr.jpg
  • JoshikumakoJoshikumako Senior
    edited July 2011
    its a good thing i dont want "jump pro's" on my server, i can slap randomizer on it too biggrin.gif make jump delay 1 second and win.
    Mi1zkf9.gif
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    QUOTE (Paladin @ Jul 10 2011, 11:44 AM) »
    Do you have a bunnyhopping plugin? If bunnyhopping was enabled, would it make the game more competitive since most players jump around alot?

I loathe bunny hopping. Someone is welcome to take my code and make one, but there's little chance that I'll ever do it.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler