Tiny suggestions thread

Comments

• El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    edited 6:23PM
    El Negro wrote:
    It's so crazy, even CrazyTalk is speechless.

Told ya!
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    - When a Heavy Knights, Gestir, Huscarl and Man At Arms shield breaks it should not appear on their back after it's broken and should reappear once someone grabs armour to show the shields back and is able to be used.

- When you use your special it should say "Special Hit!" to indicate your special hit the player, i know there's already a hit sound for when you hit a player but just a thought.

- Also for those hint bars if not added there should be "If your shield is broken, grabbing armour pick ups can revive your shield once more!" something like that. Since i don't think i've seen that yet where it says grabbing armour can bring back your shield.

- Also an icon to show your shield has returned would be nice, like Skirmishers keg for example when it returns it shows the icon at the bottom so once you grab armour it should show the shield in the bottom but with its % since grabbing just 1 armour won't refill the % all the way
  • edited June 2016
    Some Suggestions:

Shield Icons
    If it's not too much to ask, I never understood why the Huscarl's special icon is a sword rather than a shield; Is it because it would look like a blank yellow circle, since the special icons are somewhat minimalistic yellow? Perhaps it wouldn't hurt if we got a detailed yellow Huscarl shield special icon, like this?
    [attachment=1442:Pvk2_husc_kill_all.jpg]
    Also, the Maa's buckler icon looks kinda bland without the rectangle pattern, maybe that could be added too? Like this:
    [attachment=1443:MAAMacetro.jpg]
    (I already suggested this, but since I'm talking about shield icons and in case anyone missed it) The Gestir and Huscarl need their own distinctive shield icons too.

Pickups
    I know that it takes 30 seconds for pickups to respawn, but whenever I see an empty pickup location I never know when it was picked up, and so I'm sometimes torn between whether or not I should stick nearby and wait for the pickup to respawn or risk searching for another one around a map, only to let someone else (friend or foe) take the one(s) I left. May I suggest a possible visual effect to tell how many seconds are left, like a tiny timer in the spawner clouds, or perhaps instead of white clouds it could be a red-yellow-green color cloud that changes, telling us how much time has passed since it was picked up?
    (e.g. red = 10 seconds have passed, yellow= 20 seconds have passed, green = respawn/full).
    Also, perhaps after a pickup is taken, there could be an invisible outline or icon of each pickup type in the cloud, as sort of a dinah-friendly thing, to tell what type of pickup is where etc.
    Or, are pickups supposed to be left unpredictable? (I might've just answered my own question lol). What do you guys think?
    “Suppose, in their altruistic passion for justice and order, they had determined to reform the world, but had not realized that they were destroying the soul of man?”
    - Arthur Clarke, Childhood's End
  • SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy That Knows Things About a Lot of Things Members

I think it'd make more sense for the Captain Special hint to say:
    "Press F to LOAD an explosive cannon-ball shot," rather than "Press F to FIRE an explosive cannon-ball shot."
    Also, the Sharpshooter's Special hint still says "Press F with your rifle to throw your powder horn." (EDIT: Same thing with the menu hint).

I'm late, but for the Captain one, pressing F can do both.
    5GY1DFV.png

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

• edited June 2016
    Spirrwell wrote:

I'm late, but for the Captain one, pressing F can do both.
    I know, I was just saying that the hint might confuse new players into thinking that they can immediately fire the special once their meter was full.
    “Suppose, in their altruistic passion for justice and order, they had determined to reform the world, but had not realized that they were destroying the soul of man?”
    edited 6:24PM
    Sand,Snow,Mud Footprints- So pretty much when a player goes on any of those textures your shoe footprints will appear on the floor and follows when you're running,
    Makes running on these surfaces more realistic and once more a little detail i'd love to see in the game. Also once they are on the floor they will stay for about 5-6 seconds
    then disappear very slowly.
    Maps such as tw_frostbite or snowy environments should have a feature where when characters breathe small sized smoke should come out the mouth, so every 10-15 seconds small smoke comes out the characters mouth so it'll fit the snowy environment much better, that + the footprints in the floor feature would look very pretty and give more life in the maps.
    Splash, env_splash. So this appears when players walk in water it will appears under your legs when you run in shallow water. I believe we can find a replacement for it, a cooler more better looking one rather than the old Source Engine one we have at the moment.
    Ice Footstep sounds to replace the HL2 Glass sounds for Ice Textures and an original Glass sound to replace the HL2 Glass sound for all Glass textures. Slowly replacing HL2 sounds bit by bit would be nice.
    Heavy Knight Helmet Hud. I don't expect it to be in the game or even made, just a little idea that might produce more for the future.
    Pirates- The Captain or Skirmisher, either one. How would they look if 1 tooth was coloured gold? would it look nice? would it fit? has it been done?
  • edited November 2016
    The Maa's crossbow bolts look exactly like the Archer's; It'd be nice if Maa's bolts had more distinctive coloring of wood/feathers/metal etc.
    (Example image below; Maa bolt on top, Archer's below it).
    [attachment=1502:lts_arena0016.jpg]

EDIT: Also, may I suggest changing the Maa's crossbow description in the character select? Right now it says "this baby packs a powerful punch but a slow reload etc." Doesn't seem fitting since it's pretty much inferior to the Archer's. (I know the headshots are strong, but still).

And if it's not too much to ask, perhaps the character select could also include character health/armor/speed/damage-for-special/ammo etc?
    Like these old images I found (doesn't need to be exactly like this, but you get the idea):
    [attachment=1503:skirmisher.jpg][attachment=1504:captain.jpg]

Just so you can compare the classes beforehand. I think it can be helpful, especially for beginner players. Or it can at least be a nice little reminder in general.
    miggog/bonefloor should get its own footstep sound, a very crunchy tastey sound similar to when you bite a very crunchy Taco.

Carpet footstep sounds would be great aswell.
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    edited November 2016
    So after getting shot with the Crossbow & Rifle (most often enough from CLOSE range), I think making it so instead of giving you a pushback, with your shield out and blocking, it should instead slow you down for half (0.5) a sec, maybe to 50, 60 or 40 percent.

It really is annoying when your shield already slows you down and you're about to get an annoying archer/sharpshooter, then suddenly he just takes out his crossbow/rifle and you get pushed to a good distance.
    Considering you also can't interrupt their reloads, both secondary and third, I do think removing the shield pushback is just better.

Combine™ wrote:

Pirates- The Captain or Skirmisher, either one. How would they look if 1 tooth was coloured gold? would it look nice? would it fit? has it been done?

Interesting! Gonna give that a try myself.

Done: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=800677536
    Don't mind that highly-tanned Cap'n, just me forgetting to disable my own [RNG] Diverse Characters mod.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

Would like it if the legs you have when you look down, would interact with the world instead of sitting there floating. Would be nice if you go into shallow water for example and the water covers the legs like it would in thirdperson and so on.
    Have an option to switch between which type of deathmatch we want for maps in info_pvk. Example (Normal- killing everyone till the timer ends to change the map) (Round based- Kill limit and map will change after 3 or 4 rounds)
    The special bar with an option to change its colour would be cool, so it use to be red, now it's yellow but through customization it can be blue,red,green,yellow, rainbow, orange etc etc.
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited December 2016
    Combine™ wrote:

The special bar with an option to change its colour would be cool, so it use to be red, now it's yellow but through customization it can be blue,red,green,yellow, rainbow, orange etc etc.

At some point, while working on the new HUD the dev team was thinking on making the special bars' colors corresponding each team, but in the end we opted for solid gold so that it stands out from the rest of the HUD. Perhaps we can make it possible to make it toggled in the advanced options window.

76561198031989549.png

AGSMA wrote:

At some point, while working on the new HUD the dev team was thinking on making the special bars' colors corresponding each team, but in the end we opted for solid gold so that it stands out from the rest of the HUD. Perhaps we can make it possible to make it toggled in the advanced options window.

I'd prefer if people had the option instead of chosen colours, cause if we can choose the colour of our parrot why not the special bars? not that it will be a big deal or anything but for something as small as that like blocking position options, fov options, parrot options etc then i feel like the special bar changing colour options deserves a spot.
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Combine™ wrote:

I'd prefer if people had the option instead of chosen colours, cause if we can choose the colour of our parrot why not the special bars? not that it will be a big deal or anything but for something as small as that like blocking position options, fov options, parrot options etc then i feel like the special bar changing colour options deserves a spot.

You know what? Here's an idea: making a tint command for the special bar vmt file which can be changed in the advanced options with an R, a B and G boxes so that players can manually change the bar's color without the hassle of opening the file in Photoshop or another tool. Instead of making a hundred skins for special bars.
    Speaking of FOV, I still wish there was a slider for horizontal camera view in third person. Not only it's annoying to have the character's head blocking the crosshair, it could also benefit left-handed players. Plus, Gears of War-esque camera is pretty cool in PVK. I tried it once when third person camera was in development and it was a thousand times better than looking at a character's booty most of the time.

76561198031989549.png

• edited December 2016
    Lil' nitpick suggestion inspired by PopeMaster's Parrot Icon Color Thread; When Captain shows up on the main menu, his parrot stays default red. Maybe it can change colors depending on what color you have equipped.
    Combine™ wrote:

Would like it if the legs you have when you look down, would interact with the world instead of sitting there floating. Would be nice if you go into shallow water for example and the water covers the legs like it would in thirdperson and so on.

I did try messing with this, but this did introduce some problems.

Here you can see it as "intended":

6cxZSlY.jpg

But also, like thirdperson it will cause your legs to clip into walls and such:

uER2w3j.jpg

And worst of all, water:

suexSsN.jpg
    5GY1DFV.png

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png

An option to disable crosshair on all other weapons instead of just the melee ones. Or just a "Disable Crosshair" option that disables the crosshair on everything.
    There already is. Type crosshair 0 in the console. Could maybe make it a tickable option
    5GY1DFV.png

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png

I know but i ment as a tickable option. Instead of just the melee weapons it can do it for the guns aswell.
    Setting crosshair to 0 does work for non-melee weapons:

Qv1o6VR.jpg

Unless you literally just mean that it needs to be put in the options menu. I think it's kind of silly that the option there applies to only melee weapons.
    5GY1DFV.png

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png

Yeah i ment having it as a tick option cause if there is one for melee weapons only, then why not the other weapons/equipment? since i only saw one for melee weapons only then it would be nice if non-melee weapons and equipment such as Captains hook/bird, keg, sharpshooters special etc could have an option to disable the crosshair.
  • PopemasterPopemaster Captain of the Seven Seas PVKII Team
    I have an idea for the parrot:
    What if you could target certain enemies with it by putting them in your crosshairs? It makes me think of flying games where you "lock-on." Maybe there could be a hud indicator as well that lets you know (I'll mock it up if it's possible).

This would make the parrot more situationally useful, where you could finish off an enemy who is running away no matter if there are other enemies around you. Then if you don't target someone it acts as normal. Of course I don't know how hard it would be to code.
    Leaves footstep sounds for jimonions/foliage/grass_04 texture, to make maps such as Cara feel more realistic in terms of detail and environment.

^ something like that will fit nicely
    Custom Crosshairs would be nice to see, different shapes, colours etc.