Tiny suggestions thread

Comments

• edited 8:36PM
    Hello PVK2 forum, long time no see!

With approval of Colonel, and asking me to post those two suggestion on this thread, I wanted to suggest two really little things.

1) The ability to get title "The Almighty Wizard" for (achievable) achiemenent that already exist, or will be, but the one that is not beyond annoying and hard to achieve such as those 100.000 points for each of team, which in my views is impossible, or you have to be completely no-life. :P Some are simple impossible to get, just like those achievements that request specific game mode that no longer exists.

2) The Yellow color parrot. I've notice there is no true yellow parrot, which is upset me as Yellow is one of the main colors of rainbow. There is one captain's gold or something like that, but it's more like brown yellow or gold color, which is not really yellow. I want the color of some kind of ripe lemon, really great bright Yellow color along with color of kill icon of parrot. This would be example - http://www.ledr.com/colours/yellow.htm

Thanks for listening!

P.S. Sorry for my english, I'm not native english speaker.
    If the pierats ever get a healer in the future, I hope you all make him a masseuse.

tumblr_nlkilrb87X1qclstoo1_500.jpg
  • DisturvingDisturving Senior
    edited August 2016
    I've got quite a number of opinions and making a topic for each would be messy, so this is ideal. :)

1: Having one of the pirate classes be a Cornishman
    Would any real pirate be a Cornishman? Oh yes, the Cornish were about the best sailors in all of Britain. You know that typical Pirate accent we all know and like? That's how they speak in Cornwall (apart from those who speak the imported RP). They got it from the West Saxons. You know speak like a pirate day? Here people would ask you why you were trying to do a farmer accent. -(segment of text deleted forever more)- If anyone else reading this lives in the counties of Devon, Dorset, or manly Somerset, or the wonderful country of Cornwall, and knows someone with a traditional accent, that'll be grand!

2. Things to do with the Bondi
    The knights' archer's sword is sometimes called a butterknife, but it's a bit big for spreading butter. The Viking archer's knife though, now that's a good size for spreading butter. This suggestion is about making him more like the manly Viking warrior who got on a longboat to raid and pillage that he is. He should have something like a one-handed axe and a shield. A small round shield that goes on his back easily. Nobody's got a one-handed axe yet, so it should be distinctive. It also makes sense because he's a Viking warrior, and it fits the theme of the Vikings being equipped versatily.

And a question about the bow. The current 3d model has it as a recurve bow. Why's that?
    And what was the thinking behind having his quiver on his back, not his hip?

Here's a very nice article on Viking archery: http://ceathairne.bl...ng-archery.html
    Here are some quotes:

'In Ireland the Cogad Gaidel re Galaib describes the Vikings as having "sharp, swift barbed murderous poisoned arrows” and “polished yellow shining bows”.'

"13th Century Icelandic law gives a bowshot as a measurement of distance as 480metres (two hundred fadmar). This distance if correct would suggest that draw weights were very high, as high in fact as later medieval warbows.
    We should regard the Fadmar as a dubious measurement however halving the distance to 240 meters makes the Fadmar a far more realistic range."

Please please please don't give him a weak bow. Give him a Viking bow.

3. Things to do with the Lord
    This is expanding on what my third post on James Davis's lord topic says.
    It would be nice if his shield looked good and was, when not in use, slung over his shoulder by a strap, as shields of that type were, but because of the limitations of software and time it might be hard to get it to look good. A person or two said that it would be hard to have the strap come up over his head and look right when the shield is to be held, so it might actually be better to have no strap, like an invisible strap.
    It might actually be possible to have the shield's guige strap look right. Not many people know this now, but often (perhaps usually) shields of that sort had a loose guige strap, and when they held the shield in their left hand the strap was still on their right shoulder, so if they let go of it then it would be how it was before they held it. I posted some pictures of this on James Davis's topic.
    There would be no need to animate him lifting the strap off and putting it back on again, because there is no need to remove the guige strap to wield the shield. The strap is a part of controlling the shield.

Another thing is that on the concept art for the lord, his coif is not padded. Most of the medieval depictions of a coif being used as head protection without a helmet make it clear that there is quite substancial padding beneath, and also rather than having their whole face and throat exposed they often have it covered, often with mail right up to the nose. Was the concept art based on actual armour, or accurate depictions of actual armour, or poorly researched motion pictures or things like that?

My personal opinion on his hammerhead is that it must be hollow to be useable, because it's so huge.

4. Something to do with the man-at-arms
    A buckler should be carried on your left hip, not the middle of your back.

5. Something to do with the sharpshooter. Oops, this has already been reported.
    His legs are not animated when he runs with the powder horn to throw.

6. And most importantly
    Please please please please please stop doing American accents. "We ghauts the boody" - No no no, it's so American! *foams at mouth*
    The reason why my writing here is so formal is that people inevitably get annoyed at my writing, so sticking to the rules of formal writing is my attempt to avoid people taking me the wrong way and getting annoyed.
    Complaining and expressing disagreement and arguing are very good things to do.
    If something written by me here does not look formal, it may be because I tried to make it look better than it could were it formal, or it might be that it seems all right to me without it being formal.
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Beta Tester
    edited 8:36PM
    Disturving wrote:

4. Something to do with the man-at-arms
    A buckler should be carried on your left hip, not the middle of your back.

This was already planned for the future

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain Main Senior
    The "Monsieur Limbhurt" achievement should have a different icon than the "Man-At-Arms" one.
    76561198022443233png

• FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team

The "Monsieur Limbhurt" achievement should have a different icon than the "Man-At-Arms" one.

Placeholders, icons not done yet.
    A small suggestion for Bondi select screen.

Takes out arrow/javelin and taps his finger on the end of it, to show how sharp it is.
  • CurzoriCurzori Senior
    Please hold all medic classes and release them at once in 1 patch instead. Only 1 faction having healer would really upset the balance until others get theirs.
  • DrauliusDraulius Banned
    The dodgeroll should share the same cooldown as the kick so it can't be spammed and you have to choose the moves more carefully.
  • BagasBagas Senior
    Nothing annoys me more than walking with the pistol and he starts looking at the pistol and it blocks my vision while playing sharpshooter....
    Same with skirmisher when he looks at his cutlass.
    I would love if you removed those unecessary and annoying animations.
    FZkBmH.jpg
  • PossiblexPossiblex Senior
    Totally agree with that. Artisan pistol's idle animations are so annoying.
    Just tired of using viewmodel_fov 0 over and over again when playing as ss.
    Change the penis to something else on the top left corner of the screen.

Change the penis to something else on the top left corner of the screen.
    That'll be optional in the next update. B)
    My Tiny Suggestion: The kill icon for the Gestir's shield currently resembles the Huscarl's, it'd be nice if they were different.
    “Suppose, in their altruistic passion for justice and order, they had determined to reform the world, but had not realized that they were destroying the soul of man?”
    - Arthur Clarke, Childhood's End
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Add a snow sound effect when walking over snow, same goes for ice i'd like it to have it's own footstep sound. Since i don't really like to hear a dirt sound effect play while running on snow and for ice all i hear is concrete. That's all i'd like so far.
    Fix the pistol so it doesn't shoot like it's trying to pee(The piss flies where it wants to.).
  • edited October 2015
    Not really a tiny suggestion, but I saw that one of the special ideas for the Buccaneer on the Trello was a monkey, maybe he could launch it on people and when it finds a target in jumps on them and hits them on the head repeatedly, during this time, the target cannot block or attack and moves very slowly, though i'm not sure how you would be able to get rid of it, lol, I had the thought of button mashing but it doesn't really fit in PVK, maybe the monkey jumps off after 10 seconds or something. I think its best if we have more novel specials, just to add to the charm of the game, especially after the MAA
  • Chedda CheezChedda Cheez Senior
    edited October 2015
    ɉ◎ℕ wrote:

-snip from right above-

While I enjoy the thought of the pirates getting a second adorably annoying animal, I feel that a land-based creature wouldn't work in a lot of areas. Mostly custom maps of course, but really anywhere that there are holes. Like... Imagine Float, or Sky Pirates; Even Cathedral, Frostbite, and even possibly Temple with it's lava and such. You'd just be tossing a monkey into oblivion if you aren't careful, or if it's pathing is strange and decides to run off cliffs and ledges or into hazards all by its fuzzy bloodthirsty little self.
    Welcome to Cheez's PVKII Funtime Class!
    Rule #1: Have fun. [incredulous gasping ripples throughout the room]

That concludes Funtime Class! We didn't have the funding for a lengthy seminar. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Stop by again for our next lesson: "Heavy Knight's Heaving Heart: How to Write Poetry for Swords!"

76561197993232256.png
  • Links121995Links121995 Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    A suggestion as small as the voice lines it concerns. Those minor exclamations of exertion the classes vocalize when jumping? I suggest that they also sound off when rolling.

"Ha ha! Hup! Haa!"
    8gQi4T5.png
  • BagasBagas Senior
    I had a few ideas the other day:

First one is when the gestir uses special and charges he should use his shield to protect him self like huscarls special.( gestirs special can be useless against a few archers with good skills)

I know people already said gestir and huscarl should be able to use the sword after the shield breaks and its a great idea.

When Huscarls shield breaks , he should still be able to use special with only the sword (like charge with his shoulder, like rugby)

FZkBmH.jpg
  • AleihrAleihr Senior
    Sorry if this has been suggested- that's a lot of posts to sift through.

Maybe change the Gesteir in class select so he's not holding the spear with both hands in the middle? In my opinion, he looks kinda off like this.
    Little Suggestions added together.

-thought of a neat idea if maybe the Skirmisher had his own footstep sounds due to being bare-footed? since the Captain has a footstep sound with his pegleg and i feel the Skirmisher having a different foot sound effect due to wearing no shoes gives more of a realistic feel when you play as him and will also makes sense since when you look down now you can see your legs so he has no shoes once again.

-I always wanted aswell for the Skirmishers pistol animation when he fires and cocks it back to come back aswell, sorta feels boring where he shoots, gun goes off screen then comes back unlike before where he shoots, cocks the pistol back. Was a cool feature aswell just really don't like how it was taken away but i'm sure it was for a good reason!

-In the Sharpshooter preview trailer his pistol was very different looking and also had a different firing sound, some reason i prefer that to the one that made it in the game and i think it would be neat if there was a way to have it back or like have a skin changer which changes the pistol to the one in the trailer with the firing sound aswell.
    When the screen goes grey to indicate you have low health, should add a heart beat sound in the background giving a more final moments to live feeling and makes it more intense as you feel you must grab health ASAP. Of course it can be an option though to turn the sound off through the options. The heart beat sound will do a beat every 3 seconds and will keep going on and on untill you grab food then it slowly faids away with your grey screen.
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    Skirmisher Keg ALT idea.

If we ever get weapons how TF2 does it where you can swap a weapon on a class for something else:

Kamikaze Krabs, small crabs (maybe you get 3?) that you can release. They have a small keg of dynamite on top of them and chase enemy players, on release they have a limited chase time (mini keg fuses) but will blow up on contact. Keg damage obv would be way less than an actual keg, maybe like 10% or something as you get the chasing mechanic that makes up for it.
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    Gaz wrote:
    If we ever get weapons how TF2 does it where you can swap a weapon on a class for something else

TF2...PVK2...PayDay2...

Any game that has the number 2 in it will first get items, then hats, then microtransactions.

Conspiracy proven.

More real than fake aliens!

Stupid jokes aside which I hope won't prove to be a true conspiracy and stuff (PVKII with microtransactions? Yeah right), the idea is so goddamn crazily good that I don't even know if I want it in or not.

It's so crazy, even CrazyTalk is speechless.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• lokkdokklokkdokk Senior
    El Negro wrote:

TF2...PVK2...PayDay2...

Any game that has the number 2 in it will first get items, then hats, then microtransactions.

Conspiracy proven.

More real than fake aliens!

Stupid jokes aside which I hope won't prove to be a true conspiracy and stuff (PVKII with microtransactions? Yeah right), the idea is so goddamn crazily good that I don't even know if I want it in or not.

It's so crazy, even CrazyTalk is speechless.

Half-Life 2 has no have hats :emot-awesome:
  • edited November 2016
    I think it'd make more sense for the Captain Special hint to say:
    "Press F to LOAD an explosive cannon-ball shot," rather than "Press F to FIRE an explosive cannon-ball shot."
    Also, the Sharpshooter's Special hint still says "Press F with your rifle to throw your powder horn." (EDIT: Same thing with the menu hint).
    “Suppose, in their altruistic passion for justice and order, they had determined to reform the world, but had not realized that they were destroying the soul of man?”
    - Arthur Clarke, Childhood's End
    The Achievements

Swab The Deck, Cabin Boys! - Gain 100,000 points as a Pirate

By Odin's Beard! - Gain 100,000 points as a Viking

For King and Country! - Gain 100,000 points as a Knight

Would be lovely if the Deathmatch (dm) gamemode would make it so every kill you get will add up to those points depending on which team you're on. Same would be for Trinket Wars aswell as these 3 achievements seem to be one of the achievements which would take forever to get and i'd like it if each gamemode had some sort of meaning to it. So example "Oh yay it's Deathmatch i can kick some butt so all the kills i get will go to my points achievement."
  • FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team
    Kills already increment the score and achievements on those gamemodes.
  • lokkdokklokkdokk Senior
    New Gamemodes???
  • BagasBagas Senior
    I think, no one has those achievments, those points amounts are absurd...
    FZkBmH.jpg