Tiny suggestions thread

Comments

• ThatOneBoxThatOneBox Senior
    edited 7:21AM
    also i'm a little confused about the live beta streams on sunday, to me it just seems more like "playing the new build" and not "beta testing" like for bugs and stuff. Could someone please inform me more about them so i can have a better understanding and outlook. (i have seen plenty of them, too.)
  • Cap1Cap1 Land Lubber! Banned
    edited July 2013
    Twitter feeds and the weekly streams are good sources of information regarding our progress.
    I don't feel the need to hype whats already been told on a stream.

It's 'Live-Beta' on Sundays, we mostly test on other occasions. It would be kind of boring if we just look for bugs, so we recieve new content and check it on mini-tests to prepare it for a stream (most of the times) so for you guys the viewing expirience won't become boring.

We don't keep anything a secret and when there's something to announce that is big enough to announce rest assured we will make it known, the small weekly progress speaks for itself from Sunday to Sunday.
    alright well that explains the live streams, and how they work and what not. thank you for clearing that up. but as for the twitter, unless i'm just missing some stuff, it's pretty much "pvk shots" and "retweets". there was a post on june 9th about bt_pinegrove...25th of april was an alright tweet...21st of april is a good tweet. not a lot of stuff pertaining to the actual progress of the game though. look bottom line is you guys do whatever you want, you're the bosses i get that, i just think the community would like a little more information about what is going on, i'm not trying to mess with you guys, it's just my opinion. if you want to take offense, well sorry, but i don't mean any offense.
    edited July 2013
    None taken, we show what we think is worth showing and we have our own reasoning to the stuff we choose to show. There is a method to our madness.

As said, I don't think it's right tweeting on every bit of progress, there are several devs who work on their free time to give you guys more content and they do it frequently - the results are seen on Sundays.

Tune in this Sunday to see some new stuff, I'm sure you will like it.
    alright, i'll check it out. but maybe at the beggining of the streams, maybe like a quick recap (or something) about what has changed since the last stream, because some of the things could be so subtle that you might not even notice them, and therefore think nothing changed.

for example, a texture could have been changed on the huscarl's shield that added some scratches to the wood, and gruffs on the metal edges surrounding it.

a lot of people would probably miss something like that. (myself included.) but if there was a quick recap by someone when the stream was starting, like "this week we have a new texture on the huscarl's shield, see if you can spot the difference!"

that would make it more fun too because then people would feel more involved trying to pay attention to all the huscarl's that run by haha.
    Are you sure you watched the streams?
    I host them, at EVERY map start I go around with the mapper and he explains on everything that is new in his map for the viewers to catch up on what's new from last week.

If it's a code issue or something non-map related I put a focus on that as well at the very start.
    i guess i msut have missed it, i'll arrive extra early for the next one then i guess.
  • DinahDinah Skirmisher's wench PVKII Team
    Do we answer question that the viewers ask in the stream chat? If not that could be kind of nice if think
    LOLIWDIT_zpsec1f606c.jpeg
    Agsma is me from the future
    Every serious question on the chat is being answered.
    I have bought another monitor to spare ubermann from reading me chat qustions.
  • MegamanMegaman Senior
    -An increase to the sharpshooter pistol ammunition cap. The archer starts with more and can carry more, while his arrows do more damage than the pistol rounds. This is a serious problem when playing SS on Last Team Standing where there are no ammo pickups. The SS, unlike the archer, also has to deal with HK's, whose heavy armor and high hit points can sap the ammo away from the SS.
  • simiussimius Senior
    Valid point
    I guess you could argue that it's more likely to hit with the pistol than with the bow- but then again, you can pick up the arrows if you miss. I'd personally say playing LTS with the SS isn't too bad. You really need to make the pistol shots count. The thing is that you often don't need to face the heavy knights. I normally "waste" pistol rounds on HKs to get special or when I really need to. Special and a sniper shot are a very effective combo to break the HK. Stabbing can be surprisingly effective as well.
    Well managed he seems strong enough to me. A better option would be to reduce the archers ammo I suppose
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Beta Tester
    edited July 2013
    Megaman wrote:

-An increase to the sharpshooter pistol ammunition cap. The archer starts with more and can carry more, while his arrows do more damage than the pistol rounds. This is a serious problem when playing SS on Last Team Standing where there are no ammo pickups. The SS, unlike the archer, also has to deal with HK's, whose heavy armor and high hit points can sap the ammo away from the SS.

This is a tough one for me. There are good and bad things about it. Both sides of the party have issues with each other such as HK can't catch SS and SS can't tear through a HK.

Something I noticed though, a team of HK you'd think "crap I am screwed" as SS. In fact, I have found that a SS or two (not the whole team) can get some good shots on HK's to get their special up. Playing Captain is very risky against a team of HK and Skirmy can be useful for Keg and pistol shots with the occasional melee depending on the situation.

So I can see why in a 1v1 situation it is annoying for SS or HK to deal with the other, but in a team oriented match I don't see it as much of an issue. I would not be upset if it was raised or kept the same. I would rather not see SS lose any power to gain more ammo though if that were to be done to compensate.

Your best bet would be to pick SS when appropriate and choose your targets wisely acting as support to teammates fighting specific targets than just some DoT on random targets.

Just my two cents~

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Huscarls/Knights pulling up shields when I'm ss, I just run away from them and start picking on other targets until I can get a special, then come back to him if necessary.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• MegamanMegaman Senior
    The three of you bring up many good points, however the main reason I complain about the low ammo count for the SS is LTS. the pistol does 18 damage to a fully armored enemy per shot, with the ammo he starts with he can do 270 damage to an enemy with magic unbreakable armor. The archer's 20 arrows that do 32, on the other hand, total up to 640. if the archer hits with 50% accuracy, and the SS with perfect accuracy, the archer still does 320 damage, 50 more than the SS. Not to mention, the archer can pick his arrows back up. Boosting the SS's starting ammo count to 20 would allow him to deal 360 damage with perfect accuracy. Considering the ease of aiming with the SS, I would say this is a fair tweak.
  • SharpiemanSharpieman Senior
    If you use aimed shots they do more dmg I beleive.
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Beta Tester
    edited July 2013
    Megaman wrote:

The three of you bring up many good points, however the main reason I complain about the low ammo count for the SS is LTS. the pistol does 18 damage to a fully armored enemy per shot, with the ammo he starts with he can do 270 damage to an enemy with magic unbreakable armor. The archer's 20 arrows that do 32, on the other hand, total up to 640. if the archer hits with 50% accuracy, and the SS with perfect accuracy, the archer still does 320 damage, 50 more than the SS. Not to mention, the archer can pick his arrows back up. Boosting the SS's starting ammo count to 20 would allow him to deal 360 damage with perfect accuracy. Considering the ease of aiming with the SS, I would say this is a fair tweak.

The problem is you are still assuming that you are fighting only tanky people the whole time and just with you. If SS could solo easily then he would have severe balance problems. As mentioned by others already you need to pick your targets wisely and use specials on the tankier people.

Archer's damage is based on range and power to it. Arrows in the face and with no charge is weaker than getting hit with the sword for example.

I'm not against raising the ammo just the argument you're making is more of a solo concept than team.
    Thinking about it some more 20 may be too much for SS to start with not just for LTS but other maps as well. If it was raised to something like 17 then maybe. I'd still would like to think about it some more and hear what other people think on the ammo issue beyond just "1v1" situations.

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• Ninja-ORCNinja-ORC Senior
    ThatOneBox wrote:

also i'm a little confused about the live beta streams on sunday, to me it just seems more like "playing the new build" and not "beta testing" like for bugs and stuff. Could someone please inform me more about them so i can have a better understanding and outlook. (i have seen plenty of them, too.)

thebeautifulbox has a point.
    I thought the live streams was group therapy time for the pvk dev team. Cause I have watched them but it looks like you guys are just playing and then your done. Also I'm kinda confused about who does what around here, You guys should show what you are actually working on so we can cheer you on like the good little cheerleaders we are. Some people on here do this but there's a lot of the team that we know nothing about so tell us what are you doing cause we are your life force to this game and we would like to know.
    76561197981087625.png They say there are no ninjas in PVK. I beg to differ.
  • UberMannUberMann Level Designer PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited July 2013
    Ninja-ORC wrote:

thebeautifulbox has a point.
    I thought the live streams was group therapy time for the pvk dev team. Cause I have watched them but it looks like you guys are just playing and then your done. Also I'm kinda confused about who does what around here, You guys should show what you are actually working on so we can cheer you on like the good little cheerleaders we are. Some people on here do this but there's a lot of the team that we know nothing about so tell us what are you doing cause we are your life force to this game and we would like to know.

Cap1 wrote:

Are you sure you watched the streams?
    I host them, at EVERY map start I go around with the mapper and he explains on everything that is new in his map for the viewers to catch up on what's new from last week.

If it's a code issue or something non-map related I put a focus on that as well at the very start.

That post by Cap1 still holds true. No doubt you want us to work on balancing the game, too? For that we must do some normal games, as well. We have ongoing discussion in the team about balancing issues into which we pour newly gained feedback after each test. The bug fixing is usually the more boring aspect of developing PVKII, which is why we want to show that a little less on the livestreams. We do test for bugs or map related issues, though.

Regarding the roles of the team members you can look here to find out what everyone does:
    http://www.pvkii.com...n.php?page=team
  • SharpiemanSharpieman Senior
    Trust me gentlemen.... Bug testing is long boring process and would not make for a good live stream. If you have ever tested for any game its a tedious TEDIOUS process when it comes to bug checking.
  • Links121995Links121995 Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    I feel as though it's been suggested before (I can't find it) but if I don't suggest this, I'll only regret it.

An acheivement called: Ruthless Efficiency

Something like... A consistently high points/deaths ratio. With few deaths.

Just a small suggestion.
    8gQi4T5.png
  • BotkulBotkul Senior
    I would love having PVKII models in GMOD
    Fs5CEEW.gif?1
  • UberMannUberMann Level Designer PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    You realize you CAN have PVKII models in Garry's Mod? I am not quite sure how to do it, but I know for a fact that people have done it before. Maybe you can find a tutorial for this. Try googling or searching on the Gmod forums, facepunch.
    I think there is that shader problem with the models
  • BotkulBotkul Senior
    UberMann wrote:

You realize you CAN have PVKII models in Garry's Mod? I am not quite sure how to do it, but I know for a fact that people have done it before. Maybe you can find a tutorial for this. Try googling or searching on the Gmod forums, facepunch.

There is a way to connect PVKII to Gmod but when I did this nothing showed up
    Fs5CEEW.gif?1
  • LhorkanLhorkan PVKII Team, Senior
    It's definitely possible, if you search around on the forums a bit you'll see that there are quite a few GMod threads; I've made a fair bit of GMod pics myself. You have to manually extract all the models you want from PVKII's gcf using GCFscape and put them in the GMod models folder.

As for the shaders, check out GeorgiaPeanut's official fix here: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1163960&p=34901445&viewfull=1#post34901445
    dragonattacksig03-1.png
  • BotkulBotkul Senior
    edited September 2013
    Lhorkan wrote:

It's definitely possible, if you search around on the forums a bit you'll see that there are quite a few GMod threads; I've made a fair bit of GMod pics myself. You have to manually extract all the models you want from PVKII's gcf using GCFscape and put them in the GMod models folder.

As for the shaders, check out GeorgiaPeanut's official fix here: http://facepunch.com...=1#post34901445

When I do that I can only have the models as player model. Not ragdolls

*Edit: Does anyone know how to get a spawnlist of it?
    Fs5CEEW.gif?1
  • TurdsackTurdsack Senior
    Adding a "Sorry" voice command. I'm really surprised that in every source game I've played there was no "sorry" voice command.
    76561198043074776.png
  • TaikuriTaikuri Senior
    Can you make the game support multicore processors? Video settings' "Enable Multicore Rendering" is greyed out. PVKII clogs up only one cpu core and it really shows when the performance drops in some maps.
    edited January 2014
    The sdk 2013 build of pvk should have working multicore support, but you cant have that yet :P
  • Lacquer HeadLacquer Head Members, Senior
    Maybe it's already been said but the gestirs animations right after you switch weapons makes it unable to "fire" so you have to wait about a second (at least with the spear and the javelin). A work-around is to just hold down fire when you switch so it's nothing major but it would be cool if it was easy to fix.
    1fi6wm.png