Tiny suggestions thread

Comments

• OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited January 2013
    The ss rifle is pretty solid and shoots like a bolt action rifle would in any other FPS (except for the wider spiral trajectory due to it being a musket)

that spiral motion due to rifling of the barrel is a bitch to get at first but can easily be picked up

still amazes me people whine about SS constantly....

plain and simple not everyone knows how to use him well, and the people that dont know how are usually the ones that complain about him
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • Dr.ClericDr.Cleric Senior
    edited January 2013
    Alternate helms for the hk! They would be unlocked from achievements like the parrot colours.
    “I don't have moments of weakness. I'm Rik Mayall.” -Rik Mayall
  • simiussimius Senior
    edited 1:48PM
    hm, did i whine ocelot? i just make tiny suggestions and try to substantiate them
    SS's aright
  • QuelsatronQuelsatron Senior
    Allow SS to pull out his special when wielding any weapon, instead of just the rifle. It just feels clunky having to pull out the rifle just so you can pull out the gunpowder horn or whatever the fridge that thing is, considering it's basically a fourth weapon with no logical reason for it to be tied to having the rifle out.

Also, bring back the towers on desertruin, I miss them.
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    simius wrote:

hm, did i whine ocelot? i just make tiny suggestions and try to substantiate them
    SS's aright

did i say you did? i was referring to people when in game! sorry for the confusion

Quelsatron wrote:

Allow SS to pull out his special when wielding any weapon, instead of just the rifle. It just feels clunky having to pull out the rifle just so you can pull out the gunpowder horn or whatever the fridge that thing is, considering it's basically a fourth weapon with no logical reason for it to be tied to having the rifle out.

Also, bring back the towers on desertruin, I miss them.

thad would tip the balance inthe SS's hands, every class has a WEAPON specific special and to make the SS the only class with a ANY weapon special would be highly unbalanced

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • BluehardtBluehardt Senior
    edited January 2013
    Ocelot wrote:

thad would tip the balance inthe SS's hands, every class has a WEAPON specific special and to make the SS the only class with a ANY weapon special would be highly unbalanced

Berserker can activate if with both weapons, BUT his special works in other way, than any other's class. Still, I would stay with a need of holding a rifle to throw dat handy nuke. Like above, balance reasons.
    badge-76561198016191753.png
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    lol forgot about that but yah your right berzerks special is complety different if the SS had that litteral HAND NUKE with every weapon it would be seriously annoying

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • SongbirdSongbird Senior
    I've been playing with the idea of somehow including the black spot somehow for the pirates. The black spot first got introduced in Treasure Island but now it's kinda become a pirate thing instead of just being in the book.

What it is, is when a pirate is convicted of a crime by his crew or other pirates (or even they just decided he was guilty)they would take a small piece of paper and put a black spot on it and write a small message on the other side and it was placed into the person who was found guilty's hand. It meant that he was going to be punished for whatever crime he did whether it be being beaten up, robbed or killed.

I'm not exactly sure what we can do with this idea but I really think it'd be a cool part of pirate history to put into the game. I was thinking (and I dont even know if this is possible) but maybe we could somehow have a pirate vs pirate game where one of the pirates is given the black spot and they have to run from the other pirates and defend themselves from them. kill or be killed.

either way, we should totally include it.

here's the wikipedia on it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Spot_(Treasure_Island)
    Z7m0ffC.gif?1
    all right! so, I've been thinking about this black spot idea and I really really really think it would work well with a territory map.

follow me here!

we could have one (or two) territory. the team that has captured the territory has immunity from the black spot.
    the team without the territory has the black spot which can be a debuff on them.
    so there will be an incentive for grabbing the territory other than just the ticket number declining
    Z7m0ffC.gif?1
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited February 2013

this bird is a thinkin in the right direction!

http://www.tcm.com/m...illy-Bones.html

This is a must see ^^ just wont embed :(

ron-dancing-animated.gif
    the black spot was also mentioned recently in the pirates of the caribbean movies
    but instead of it being a black piece of paper, they put it on sparrows hand
    because of it, he will be hunted by the kraken

here's the link to the pirates of the caribbean wiki where it goes into further detail
    http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Spot
    Z7m0ffC.gif?1
  • simiussimius Senior
    there is this animation where the ss looks at the left side of his pistol if you don't use the iron sight or shoot for a while. you can't see shirraleey for that period of time a big part of the screen is covered - maybe not that big but.. it's right in the middle. bloody aesthete ss.. right in the hustle. there's enough time for admiring the weaponry on the ships, isn't there
  • Hermetico89Hermetico89 Senior
    I like that the Archer, may have alternate attack. For example, by pressing the key E + MOUSE1,the Archer take one of those arrows that are on the back and bury it in the face or neck of the nearest enemy, but should be no more than 1 or 2 meters. Please respond.
    76561198054822029.png
    not a bad idea,that can grab the weapons lying on the ground, and the hands that be the character you've chosen, and not the only character who uses (I mean, if for example, you are a pirate and take a weapon from a Viking, you have the hand of the pirate you choose, because otherwise that would be a madness lol)
    76561198054822029.png
    not a bad idea,that can grab the weapons lying on the ground, and the hands that be the character you've chosen, and not the only character who uses (I mean, if for example, you are a pirate and take a weapon from a Viking, you have the hand of the pirate you choose, because otherwise that would be a madness lol)
    76561198054822029.png
  • ThatOneBoxThatOneBox Senior
    here's a suggestion. update the classes page?

http://www.pvkii.com/main.php?page=pvkiiweapons
  • SkyFyreSkyFyre Senior
    Also, fixing the spread to fit the crosshairs of the guns
    That goes for the rifle, flintlock, and artisan pistol, or maybe give them seperate crosshairs?
    ThatOneBox wrote:

here's a suggestion. update the classes page?

http://www.pvkii.com...ge=pvkiiweapons

Thank you! That text underneath the sharpshooter SHOULD BE RED.

The wiki needs some touching up as well. (I volunteered for the duty but still no reply)
    as far as i know anyone can edit the wiki. jsut do it.
    ThatOneBox wrote:

as far as i know anyone can edit the wiki. jsut do it.

...I tried. But it was very finicky, I MIGHT have messed something up. If I did? An admin really should have told me that the wiki's open, I'll try again.
    Yes a mod should have responded, but this is pvkii. They dont give a shirley. I mean look, before, peepee was the only one who ever posted anyrhing. Now they put a beta tester as a "community manager" and the devs have fridgeing dissapeared. They abandoned thw game.
  • UberMannUberMann Level Designer PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    A response should admittedly have come earlier, but I am not too familiar with the wiki and don't yet know who currently takes care of it. I did not want to make a promise that I can't keep.

As it stands only selected developers can edit the wiki page.

Also, ThatOneBox, please don't spread misinformation, there is activity and the developers, me included are still very much working on the game.
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    edited July 2013
    The wiki has been in lockdown for a long time because of relentless spambots who grew bolder by the day.
    First they created new pages, and then they started to destroy even the mainpage, so it was decided to block anyone but admins from editing to put a stop to it.
    I had been taking care of the wiki and made most of it before the spambots came, but once that happened everything with the wiki went idle.

My knowledge of wikimedia is too limited to do anything about spambot protection
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
    I read the threads a while back and I found out about that, if you look there is a thread saying to apply to become editors on the wiki (to combat the spam). I applied some time ago, in a game last year somebody told me the admin in-charge of the wiki has been offline for quite some time. I hope I can become an editor on it some day.
  • Mr. Ownage™Mr. Ownage™ Land Lubber! Members
    I don't know whether this should be classified small but whatever. You know when you're a certain class and spawn a weapon from another class you get the viewmodel hands from that class aswell? I think that this could be changed so that the hands stay the same, not sure if that would look good since the hand size and shape differ, but worth a shot in my opinion.
    76561198032434879.png
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator

I don't know whether this should be classified small but whatever. You know when you're a certain class and spawn a weapon from another class you get the viewmodel hands from that class aswell? I think that this could be changed so that the hands stay the same, not sure if that would look good since the hand size and shape differ, but worth a shot in my opinion.

siM.png

Would that not require new individual first person animations for every class's model hands on every weapon?

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• UberMannUberMann Level Designer PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    Yes it would. That would be a lot of extra work and as it stands, we wouldn't want a Heavy Knight running around with the Huscarl's axe or the Sharpshooter's rifle, because it would hurt the class balance.
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Aye and since you only get other weapons through the give command, there's definitely no need to.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Beta Tester
    I must be misunderstanding what is being asked. I know many of the models walk around with the weapons appropriately except a few particularly the SS weapons. It would be nice if it was more proper for plugins such as randomizer/gungame and such.

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

A response should admittedly have come earlier, but I am not too familiar with the wiki and don't yet know who currently takes care of it. I did not want to make a promise that I can't keep.

As it stands only selected developers can edit the wiki page.

Also, ThatOneBox, please don't spread misinformation, there is activity and the developers, me included are still very much working on the game.

i feel as though you guys should give us some news from time to time then. we go months and months without nothing, and then maybe we'll get an update on the front page about someone made a dubstep song that has 1 pvk quote in it....and when people make threads asking about what's going on they just end up getting locked...if the team was just a little more social with what exactly is going i'm sure everyone would be a lot happier.

example: "this month [insert dev] will be working on world models!! if we are feeling up for it, we might be able to show you them when they are complete!! Or, we might keep it for a suprise!"

now see what i did there, i put in, 'if we are feeling up for it' and 'Or we might keep it a suprise!', that way, you are not OBLIGATED to actually POST them, it also would let people feel more INVOLVED, and that actual progress is being MADE, and the players won't feel so IGNORED. Not trying to be rude here but a lot of the communnity feels ignored, at least on the LTS server that i frequent.