Tiny suggestions thread

Comments

• HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    edited 1:49PM
    Considering he hasn't even been registered here that long, I probably was exaggerating or something
  • kordalingkordaling PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    awww good old community.
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    What does the community think about contests/participation?

Here are some ideas:

Complete a concept study for an unlockable. The best one will be chosen, made for content waves, and your name featured on the site.
    PVKII Community Creation contest using this song: http://www.rejenorst.com/music/sailor.mp3
    People who chat frequently during pvkiidevstreams will receive some kind of reward/prize

What yall think?

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• MargatoMargato Senior, senior
    -Make it nearly impossible to parry a spear, so only the shields can work.

-Dodging Keys that quickly just swifts you right and left (double tap a, or d?)

-Go a bit slower when walking backwards

-A chance that your weapon wont damage the HK's body at first but his armor just goes down a bit

-Taunting animations, like if a Heavy Knight has his sword and shield out and taunts he will tap his shield with his sword.

-Different appearances for each class, like a skirmisher wouldnt have a eyepatch and you could see his hair coming out of the hat, or one has boots on etc.

-More Last man standing maps, and gamemodes etc.

-More Hazordes things, such as alligators/crocidiles around that can BITE YA, or a pot filled with the...hot..black goo that you can push down on the man next to the castle gate on island that is pretty much a instant kill but it takes a long time to re use again

-A building system kinda...If you find a pile of things, you could make a tent and it will appear in your inventory. then you will choose where to build it and it will take awhile to build, then you have a tent you can enter. And you make a camp!

Tgats all
    Others have to change my signature for me :(
  • CrackpunchCrackpunch Senior
    Margato wrote:

-Dodging Keys that quickly just swifts you right and left (double tap a, or d?)

-Go a bit slower when walking backwards

-A chance that your weapon wont damage the HK's body at first but his armor just goes down a bit

-Taunting animations, like if a Heavy Knight has his sword and shield out and taunts he will tap his shield with his sword.

-Different appearances for each class, like a skirmisher wouldnt have a eyepatch and you could see his hair coming out of the hat, or one has boots on etc.

-More Last man standing maps, and gamemodes etc.

-More Hazordes things, such as alligators/crocidiles around that can BITE YA, or a pot filled with the...hot..black goo that you can push down on the man next to the castle gate on island that is pretty much a instant kill but it takes a long time to re use again

-A building system kinda...If you find a pile of things, you could make a tent and it will appear in your inventory. then you will choose where to build it and it will take awhile to build, then you have a tent you can enter. And you make a camp!

Tgats all

It's called minecraft.
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    Margato wrote:

lol game balance what the fuck is that
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Margato wrote:

or a pot filled with the...hot..black goo that you can push down

Pitch stocks are too low, sire.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• WintersunnWintersunn Land Lubber! Senior
    What about adding something like a soundboard with all/some sayings of the classes.
    34nqlqd.jpg
  • Ninja-ORCNinja-ORC Senior
    Berzerker using his fist to pound foes into oblivion. (lil third weapon idea)
    76561197981087625.png They say there are no ninjas in PVK. I beg to differ.
  • Lacquer HeadLacquer Head Members, Senior
    This might be more related to Source games in general than PVKII in particular, but i would love to see the "log" of objectives-stuff separately from the kills or "sustained" so that it doesn't disappears because of kills. It's most noticable on bt maps with around 20+ players, say island and you're playing on knights: someone grabs a chest and you want to know which team they belong to, it's in the log but most of the times it's scrolling past too quickly because of all the kills. When a server is lower on players or when it just happens to be few kills at the same time i find it helpful to be able to see which team took it.

And another thing, it would be great if you were able to re-scale to chatbox or make the font smaller. Sort of the same thing there but with chat/dis-/connects and other messages. This might be possible or impossible, with or without a change to the mod itself... If anyone knows i'd love to know! Thanks :)
    1fi6wm.png
  • REZREZ Senior
    Hey PVK dev team, thanks for a really fun game :)

I mentioned this to a dev (can't remember his name) around the time the Sharpshooter update was released; I thought I'd come in and drop the request in writing on the forum. Would you please consider adding a 'team' VOIP channel? Having a team VOIP channel would be really helpful for coordination when playing pretty much any gametype. You might actually see a lot more 'effective' teamwork happening if people are able to relay information to the rest of their team in a quick fashion. Typing takes too long and situations change quickly.

Anyway, thanks for the fun mod.. keep plugging away at it; it has so much potential :icon_pirate2:
  • CrackaPollyCrackaPolly PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    Unfortunately that is dependent on whether the server has sv_alltalk enabled. We have minimal control over the built-in voip in source engine
  • REZREZ Senior
    I see. So are you saying that a team voip already exists in some form, it's just that server admins have set their servers to 'all talk'? Or did I misunderstand you..

Also, I dont know how you would go about this, but maybe something could be done about the guys who play musical chairs with the spectator slots. It goes like this - a person doesnt like the team he is on for whatever reason, he switches to spectator which unbalances the teams, then when the game auto-teambalances some poor sap off of his team to even things out, the spectator guy then immediately jumps on the team he wants (usually the winning team). This happened to me no less than 3 times today, and happens all too frequently to be honest. Just a few minutes ago I was on a halfway competent Knights team, we were defending the chests quite well on Island (Buttpirate server), some guy leaves the Vikings team and goes spectator, I am autobalanced to the Vikings team, then he immediately jumps on the Knights team. So he basically forced me to switch teams and took my spot on the Knights. Wtf? Soooo frustrating.. makes me raaaaaage quit. Is there anything that can be done to stop this from being abused?
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    sv_alltalk is a server side function is what hes saying its up to the server to decide what they want to use team only communication (which also means you cant talk when your dead) or server wide communication

and for spectate droppers their is really nothing youcan do about that as it also server dependent on how long you between teamswitches can happen

so you would have to make it so people cant team switch for 2-3mins after team spectator droping

but that would also mean that switching back and forth between teams when its appropriate could become a hassle

but with the 2-3min wait it would prevent the spectator droper to immediatly join another team more than likely killing his/her plan with another player who didnt just recently switch taking the spot he wants
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • REZREZ Senior
    Okay, so, it's one or the other with the Source engine.. you can't have both channels enabled simultaneously is what I'm hearing. Well that sucks. Nice goin' Valve. It's 2012 ffs... the unreal engine had this in like, what, the late 90's?
  • yushyush Senior
    Whining won't help, mate. Thou yes, that was my question lately too. Now i know the answer :)

Tiny suggestion (I mentioned it before): How about "I AM SORRY" textline for next update?

FF servers became more popular lately, (for me servers without ff doesn't exist), while everyone wants to keep his team unhurt (there are not much abusers, believe me), sheet happens and sometimes its nice to say "sorry" to hurt (or killed) teammate.

And yes...those silent kegs...that could use a fix. In my opinion it has something to do with "sound type" - as it is looped i think, when (somehow) game didn't notice the start of the loop, there is no sound (i had this issue when making some game mod ages ago).
  • BluehardtBluehardt Senior
    edited November 2012
    @yush Do you really treat EVERY in-game sound command serious? Well, I don't. In most cases people just use them for voice spam purposes, not to inform their team, it's more like confusing (especially for new players). I like to use these too (not spam as madman), but more for an entertainment purposes between two or three players, like a little conversation. While having voice commands is fun, it can be also very annoying in wrong hands.

@REZ Complaining here about Valve won't get anything done, but I understand your point. In my opinion it shouldn't be the server's owner to decide whether all people can hear each other or only team members.
    badge-76561198016191753.png
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    there are spammers of voice commands but... its not a majority

atleast wheni play their used for information

the only ones that often spamed are encourage and taunt

and i cfan understand encourage cause their funny

and i completttttttttyl understand taunt... becuase how else are you gonna get the achieve lol

ron-dancing-animated.gif
    @UnnkMC Even one or two spammers (I have to be unlucky, because in my case it's very frequent) for twenty people on server are getting annoying pretty fast. And I've meant mostly these voice commands, which are appearing also as a text in the chat, like "No!", "Yes!", etc. Not only you hear these way too much (they have repetitive nature), but it disturbs in reading other things going on there.
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Beta Tester
    Can mute them to stop seeing the in-game voice text

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• yushyush Senior
    Good point, Kokorono.
    As for me, overusing of voice commands (and especially laugh) is a good tactic to make people nervous and make them perform mistakes. It is especially effective when used by fast, skirmishing classes, as Skirmy or Zerker. Running, jumping, screaming and pissing off enemies is a good tactic for them. Overusing "Nay" or "Aye" is indeed annoying, but it can be turned off. Fast mute (tab+click) is the second thing i love most in this game. First is HK ;)
    edited November 2012

Can mute them to stop seeing the in-game voice text

Really? Thanks for clearing that up. I've been using it only to mute annoying microphone users and never noticed it mutes text commands on a chat too. Well, you learn something everyday!
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    yes to clear up the confusion often even happens in game

Mute Function... completely mutes the player no chat, no voice command, no voice chat

essentially you can see and kill him/her but never hear or see a word from him/her

i say him / her becasue i know theirs atleast one lady playing this game (my wife)

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • simiussimius Senior
    issue: animation of pulling out the ss rifle

technically the animation is fine, it's just hard to tell when the rifle is ready to shoot imo. imagine following situation: you get hassled by a big fellow, most likely it needs one to two strikes to take you down, you get out the rifle to shoot unscoped (i'm hoping that word acutally exists and isn't germanized) as quickly as possible, obviously you are focused on the foe and the environment and not on the animation so you don't really know when the moment to click has come. you click once sensing the headshot - nothing happens but a deadly swing cutting it's way towards you. you click a second maybe a third time just to waste that bullet which often means the ss' death sentence

so I'm hoping for a clearer animation. however i admit that I'm certainly not as used to that class as to others, maybe I'm the only one having these troubles, but ss is just too dependent on hitting the sniper shot to be valuable in a conventional combat situation. his general dmg output isn't great
  • simiussimius Senior
    in the loading screen there's a hint saying something like "keep the effect of gravity on the sniper bullet in mind" - haven't seen it for a while
    i may confuse some words there which influences the meaning of that sentence, since english is my second language but the bullet isn't affected by gravity but drag isn't it?
  • LucasLucas Walter White Members
    A bullet is affected by gravity, it would fall to the ground if dropping it, eh?
    Tschoppo wrote:

hello dear, said banana pie, but all of a sudden it came to life.
  • Dr.ClericDr.Cleric Senior
    I would suggest something in cathedral to stop the archers hitting the pirates right out of the gate. A bit more rubble maybe?
    “I don't have moments of weakness. I'm Rik Mayall.” -Rik Mayall
  • simiussimius Senior
    edited December 2012
    ye.. gravity "pulls" the bullet towards the mass or ground, drag slows the bullet down making it not "hitscan" or however it;s called. I didn't get that for quite some time, which is why I used it like the blunderbuss

edit
    ah well, I made a mistake; there's ofc no drag since the bullet doesn't get slowed down but travels with a constant speed
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Constant speed and for some reason it completely defies gravity :D

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• Dr.ClericDr.Cleric Senior
    A swallow for the pirate captain.

Two styles: African and European
    “I don't have moments of weakness. I'm Rik Mayall.” -Rik Mayall