Tiny suggestions thread

Comments

• HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    edited 1:49PM
    QUOTE (Inb4 @ Apr 24 2011, 10:17 AM) »
    Not saying anything about who I am ingame, all I am saying is that I'm in the top10 on the - PVKII -[my-g-n.com] server which means I know what I'm doing and how the game works, so keep that in mind before you start throwing around petty insults about me being a 'nub' and not knowing the game.

Big deal, I'm in the top ten on at least a half dozen servers and I barely play at all. The fact that you bitch about every game mechanic in a manner that only absolute amateurs do suggests that you aren't as experienced as you think you are, or simply that you think the game should revolve around you.
  • Mr. UnicornMr. Unicorn Bear-O-Dactyl Senior
    QUOTE (Inb4 @ Apr 24 2011, 12:17 PM) »
    Not saying anything about who I am ingame, all I am saying is that I'm in the top10 on the - PVKII -[my-g-n.com] server which means I know what I'm doing and how the game works, so keep that in mind before you start throwing around petty insults about me being a 'nub' and not knowing the game.

I was once top ten on SBP LTS. That's a bigger server and I'm not very good. Top 10 means nothing.
    QUOTE (Nagzar The Zerker @ Jan 30 2011, 01:11 AM) »
    I am smoking logic.

Hell, I was rank one on the Cannabis Clubhouse for months; definitely doesn't mean I could beat any of the other admins in a fight
  • Inb4Inb4 Senior
    edited April 2011
    Just because you may not have been good doesn't mean I'm not good. And apart from that I didn't say I'm good, I know there are a lot more people better than me at this game but the fact I'm in the top10 means I UNDERSTAND THE GAME, which is what I said in the first place. I didn't gloat around saying "yerrr i'm in tawp10 nubs i is awsum".

<!--QuoteBegin-Hei
  • BlasphemyBlasphemy Senior
    Returning stolen chests should provide a very small heal to whoever returns it. Frankly, as it is, defending chests on something like island is a miserable task that only the veterans can excel at. Even then, someone could just run in and scatter all your chests outside of the scoring zone, while you slowly and painfully whittle them down, only to have their teammate backstab you. Defending by yourself or with someone else is a job that never stops the pressure until you die, and after that, your job is failed and everything is gone. Having a small heal will provide a little more endurance to the defender, while still having a larger effect depending on how many chests he can return, and probably make returning chests a much bigger incentive than a faster number tick.
  • SaunaChumSaunaChum PVKII Team
    Is this even a suggestion thread anymore? Seems more that everyone is gloating over each other.
    How about just sticking to these tiny suggestions from now on.
    Take your gloating over to General Discussion section.
    Production Manager
  • voodoo dummievoodoo dummie Senior
    okay, back to suggestions everyone.

-make archers less accurate when running or (especially) when jumping. this should take care of the "back-strafe 'n arrow storm" problem..
    -make shields do a "perfect parry" like block when you blockright before an attack but meke them less effective after that against melee.
    -need alcohol
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    I'm that kind of player who goes for the class based on what the team needs. When I join a team I'd like to see how many players are playing which classes by checking the scoreboard.
    The tab button doesn't work though when in the choosing team and class window.

I'd join knights in a 3v3v3, all the current knights are archers so I'd want to go as a heavy knight. But I can't find that out until after I've picked a class and spawned.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• MaysonMayson Senior
    edited April 2011
    QUOTE (Denshin @ Apr 29 2011, 08:11 PM) »
    I'm that kind of player who goes for the class based on what the team needs. When I join a team I'd like to see how many players are playing which classes by checking the scoreboard.
    The tab button doesn't work though when in the choosing team and class window.

I'd join knights in a 3v3v3, all the current knights are archers so I'd want to go as a heavy knight. But I can't find that out until after I've picked a class and spawned.

Wait, why doesn't it work for you? O_o

Anyway, if it really doesn't here is a tip for you: Join the spectator team first, then look at the scoreboard, then choose your team and your class. :3
  • schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Well it does not work for me, either... only after I join team, I can see which classes there are. Joining spec first is not so great as there is a delay until you can join a team again (5 seconds or so).

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
    Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

• Lt.HargroveLt.Hargrove Senior
    Make parrots unable to fly into no-weapon areas. On sandstorm pirate send a parrot on me and I was sitting duck.
    I am sorrying for my poor English.

• TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    +1 to denshin and hargrove

even if i don´t like "noattack" areas.. they suck sad.gif

slugsig.jpg

make respawntime to 0 while "waiting for players"

slugsig.jpg

don´t let coins drop while not moving with the treasure wink.gif

sry for triplepost, you can put all those 3 together

slugsig.jpg

• ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    Why don't we expand the amount of wallpapers pvkii has to offer to the community by making our own?

If you want to comment on one please state "@Xusername".

Some of you already have great screenshots in the pvkii discussion forums.

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited May 2011
    T'is only when I spawned in a team that I can check which classes are needed.

How abooouuuut a number that keeps track when choosing a class, how many on the team is playing that class.

Like mousing over the archer and it says "X archers playing on this team" or something. ^^

+1 to hargrove, and what about kegs being tossed into the spawns if that occurs?

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• Lt.HargroveLt.Hargrove Senior
    Different drowning voices for each class. It sounds odd when gestir chokes like a infamous Willhelm.
    I am sorrying for my poor English.

lol how about floating and rotating alcoholic beverages that regenerate half as much as the food pickups. "gu gu gu guu ssggg ahhhh down with the mead brothers" "drink up me boys yoho!" "I could use a suction tube device, my lord"

xq0LCrG.png

• CurzoriCurzori Senior
    Could it be possible to make viking chat color slightly darker green. Occasionally can't tell between knight and viking in chat. Please.
  • warofdefeatwarofdefeat Senior
    I'm translating Thai in Steam Translation Server.
    So I suggest Thai font for PVKII

http://www.f0nt.com/release/sarun-jacksparrow/

Created by Sarun

I hope it will work!
    Qbey:Contract with Me! I make your wish come true! But you must be Magical girl! And Fight Witch!
    QUOTE (Curzori @ Jun 2 2011, 08:15 PM) »
    Could it be possible to make viking chat color slightly darker green. Occasionally can't tell between knight and viking in chat. Please.

fix ya screen dude, or wash it

slugsig.jpg

• EssyEssy Senior
    QUOTE (Tschoppo @ Jun 7 2011, 04:34 PM) »
    fix ya screen dude, or wash it

This has been talked about before. Turns out that people that are colorblind or slightly colorblind have trouble seeing the difference. It's easy to see the difference, but really, they are unnecessarily similar.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever."
    -Shigeru Miyamoto

That be a very nice booty yer have thar, it be a shame if something were to happen to it.
  • CassadoreCassadore Senior
    Is in PVKII a colorblind option like in TF2?
    “A true knight is fuller of bravery in the midst, than in the beginning of danger.”
    How about for respawning weapons the players can call out to their god or icon - "yarr I could use a parrot davy" or "thor I need more traps" or "1 keg comin righ up laddy"

xq0LCrG.png

• Bingo BangoBingo Bango one-eyed willy PVKII Team
    QUOTE (warofdefeat @ Jun 5 2011, 06:47 AM) »
    I'm translating Thai in Steam Translation Server.
    So I suggest Thai font for PVKII

http://www.f0nt.com/release/sarun-jacksparrow/

Created by Sarun

I hope it will work!

Awesome font, I'll pass this on
    I have some thai on my arm. I wish it looked that cool D:
  • CurzoriCurzori Senior
    QUOTE (Essy @ Jun 7 2011, 06:51 PM) »
    It's easy to see the difference, but really, they are unnecessarily similar.

While I don't condiser myself colorblind. Nor my screen is unclean. I have to agree with this. Apparently its my screen's brightness that causes them to look similar if they're not put next to each other.
    What does it say on your arm Bingo?
  • schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Probably กะเทย

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
    Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

• warofdefeatwarofdefeat Senior
    QUOTE (Schatzmeister @ Jun 9 2011, 12:21 AM) »
    Probably กะเทย

o_O I'm not gay!
    Qbey:Contract with Me! I make your wish come true! But you must be Magical girl! And Fight Witch!
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    I would laugh a lot if someone here would recommend Hats, like in TF2. But, to be honest, how about new weapons to expand the universe and to promote even more the game?

76561198031989549.png