PVKII Randomizer Release

MadKatMadKat Senior
edited January 2016 in Scripting
PVKII Randomizer plugin for SourceMod

If you are running the plugin and want to disable it, all functionality will turn off with rnd_enabled being set to 0. I encourage server operators to try it out. I know there are many people who would like to play it but are too far away to enjoy it on my test server. Feedback is more than welcome.

Source Code -
The source code is available at My GitHub Repository. Please credit and fork responsibly.
Files -

Randomizer.smx
randomizer.cfg.txt

Installation -
    Place the Randomizer.smx file into your addons/sourcemod/plugins/ directory. Place the randomizer.cfg.txt file into your addons/sourcemod/gamedata/ directory. Restart your srcds or change levels. All done! Enjoy.

Changelog -

v1.02 - 2010-7-26

Decreased max kegs to two

v1.01 - 2010-3-29

Fixed errors in default/max armor values
Fixed pirate pistol to only start with 6 ammo

v1.00 - 2010-3-27

Weapon randomization
Class randomization
CVARs to control the plugin behavior

rnd_enabled (1) - Enables/disables PVKII Randomizer.
rnd_classes (1) - Enable/disabled random class support.
rnd_weapons (1) - Enable/disabled random weapon support.
rnd_multi_melee (70) - Percent chance that a player will spawn with an additional random melee weapon.
rnd_ranged (95) - Percent chance that a player will spawn with a random ranged weapon.
rnd_multi_ranged (40) - Percent chance that a player will spawn with an additional random ranged weapon.
rnd_special (30) - Percent chance that a player will spawn with a random special weapon (keg/parrot).
rnd_hail_mary (0) - Enables/disables all players spawning with kegs.
rnd_blotoutthesun (0) - Enables/disables all players spawning with parrots.
Programmer, Swashbuckler
Author of PVKII Randomizer
Author of PVKII WeaponsMaster

Comments

• MadKatMadKat Senior
    edited 4:15AM
    Reserved
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    Great job
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • SquirrelSquirrel Senior
    Agreed.
  • PaladinPaladin Senior
    Should come in handy.
    2v2z7rr.jpg
  • niknakniknak Authorized Creator, Senior
    i wanna test it.... now !!!!

any server running the plugin already?

archersig_niknak.png spacer.gif

• ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    His server
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    Found a bug in my armor values. If the HK seems a little squishy, it is because he is.

I'll have a patch out this evening.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    V1.01 released. Next version will include messages on spawn to let you know what class you are.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • DarDar Senior
    QUOTE (MadKat @ Mar 30 2010, 04:37 AM) »
    V1.01 released. Next version will include messages on spawn to let you know what class you are.

Will you release another version that fixes the bug with the 3 kegs, too, or did you already stop working on this plug-in?
    (Currently its spawning you with 3 Kegs right away, which is just plain annoying since alot of people abuse it)
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    Thanks for the bug report. I'll take a look at it this weekend.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • se05239se05239 Senior
    Randomizer is hilarious, but its rather sad that the servers using it have a high ping for me, living in Sweden has its backsides when it comes to servers made in USA.
    "Sometimes its better to stay silent and let people think that you are an idiot, rather than speaking out and actually prove that you are one." - Someone
  • NerieruNerieru Senior
    QUOTE (se05239 @ Jul 13 2010, 09:45 PM) »
    Randomizer is hilarious, but its rather sad that the servers using it have a high ping for me, living in Sweden has its backsides when it comes to servers made in USA.

Living there has much more disadvantages than living in Sweden though wink.gif. Apart from the connection to US servers.
    Blergh.
    QUOTE (J-co @ Jun 23 2010, 10:33 PM) »
    I also had periods

QUOTE (Samstaforce @ Jun 29 2010, 11:21 PM) »
    this isnt a problem since I havent even noticed this.

• MadKatMadKat Senior
    edited July 2010
    New update. Kegs still a little wonky, but you shouldn't spawn with more than two at this point. Not sure what the game is doing with them under the hood.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • MasonMason Senior
    Fun times on slammin butt pirates with this. Thanks.
  • Blood-WiperBlood-Wiper Vicious Psycho Banned
    Fun times for me too! (never played it on butt pirates.)
    Little bit banned
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Beta Tester
    This probably known already but...

In regards to achievements, if the class is using a weapon that they don't normally use then they don't gain achievements towards the ones such as crusader/captain blackbeard/pride of odin. Pretty sure this is normal because I am guessing it looks at the class + weapon together. However, if, lets say, a Gestir with HK's Claymore takes down 3 people in a special, it'll get Soluvaki instead of Get to the Choppa or nothing. Can't remember if keg/parrot achievements work properly though outside of being the proper class.

Either way, the randomizer is a lot of fun and we enjoy it on buttpirates when needing a change <3

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• Blood-WiperBlood-Wiper Vicious Psycho Banned
    It does?
    Little bit banned
    Oh and I forgot that if you kill yourself you get the same weapon set from before =)

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

• MadKatMadKat Senior
    QUOTE (Meian @ Sep 16 2010, 10:05 AM) »
    This probably known already but...

In regards to achievements, if the class is using a weapon that they don't normally use then they don't gain achievements towards the ones such as crusader/captain blackbeard/pride of odin. Pretty sure this is normal because I am guessing it looks at the class + weapon together. However, if, lets say, a Gestir with HK's Claymore takes down 3 people in a special, it'll get Soluvaki instead of Get to the Choppa or nothing. Can't remember if keg/parrot achievements work properly though outside of being the proper class.

Either way, the randomizer is a lot of fun and we enjoy it on buttpirates when needing a change <3

Thanks for the report. It has to do with the way the devs implemented the achievements. They don't really take your weapon into account when deciding some of the achievements, only that you are a particular class and killed x number of people with a special. I encountered this on my first night of testing the plugin. I haven't found a right way to correct this or prevent those achievements from occurring.

I really appreciate the feedback! I have a lot of fun playing it myself. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Meian)
    Oh and I forgot that if you kill yourself you get the same weapon set from before =)

I did that on purpose to prevent people from suiciding until they got a loadout that they liked. If you guys would like a way to turn that off, I'd be happy to add it.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
    Oh yeah, late mentioning this but when I do blotoutthesun for parrot, it doesn't give parrot if you get a throwing axe ranged weapon =x

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

• MadKatMadKat Senior
    QUOTE (KOKORONOKAWARI @ Dec 13 2010, 08:00 PM) »
    Oh yeah, late mentioning this but when I do blotoutthesun for parrot, it doesn't give parrot if you get a throwing axe ranged weapon =x

Thanks for the report!
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • VelociraptorVelociraptor Senior
    This seems to have been quiet for quite a while. I can't help but wonder: is there still a server running this somewhere?
  • JoshikumakoJoshikumako Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    does this still work?
    Mi1zkf9.gif
  • Lt.HargroveLt.Hargrove Senior
    Nope, I didn't saw the serwer with it in some time. I think it is gone.
    I am sorrying for my poor English.

• TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    i for sure was in a server with this in 2.3

slugsig.jpg

• MadKatMadKat Senior
    I have not updated the plugin for the latest version of PVK II. It really was most fun in the hg game mode which no longer exists. Same thing that got me to stop playing.

I'm still keeping an eye on the news page every now and then. Maybe when the new classes get introduced then I'll look back into the game and writing plugins.

In the mean time, Minecraft modding!
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
    How was Holy grail fun, please tell me how you find running after a skimisher fun. I really loved your plug in, its all that was on my server :/
    Mi1zkf9.gif
    QUOTE (Velociraptor @ Mar 1 2011, 07:01 AM) »
    This seems to have been quiet for quite a while. I can't help but wonder: is there still a server running this somewhere?

SlamminButtPirates ran this (via admin vote) before it's hiatus even after the update. It'll surely return soon as the server reobtains all it's goodies

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

It works on my server currently... just none of the voices work... cant somone fix it? :/
    Mi1zkf9.gif
  • edited 4:15AM
    QUOTE (KOKORONOKAWARI @ Apr 14 2011, 11:42 AM) »
    SlamminButtPirates ran this (via admin vote) before it's hiatus even after the update. It'll surely return soon as the server reobtains all it's goodies

I will have this as well @ Loony Bin.